ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just put my PSL's up for sale

Tornado700

You may be right but the people who don't know why are woefully and probably purposely ignorant.

Also I'll probably be there tomorrow so if anyone wants pictures or autographs let me know.

You are probably right there. I do get why they are protesting and agree with a lot of their points. I just wish they would find another avenue.

Good luck tomorrow heres to another 3 Point game either way.

They'll be kneeling....

“Very important that NFL players STAND tomorrow, and always, for the playing of our National Anthem,” the president said Saturday night. “Respect our Flag and our Country!”

They have to now.

Good article by Smuck on this...http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-need-to-get-on-with-season-20170930-story.html

The NFL has spent the first three weeks of the 2017 season embroiled in a controversy from which it cannot seem to escape.

Whether the stated issue is social justice, appreciation of our military, first amendment freedom, respect for the flag and the national anthem, or simply respect for each other, the sport appears to have alienated a significant segment of a national fan base that has grown tired of all the kneeling, arm-locking and posturing......The statue isn’t going anywhere and this all will pass, but only if the players decide they’ve made whichever point they were trying to make (since it is a bit of a multiple-choice question at the moment) and the angriest fans realize that even the athletes they pay so much to see have a constitutional right to voice or display opinions others might not share.http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-need-to-get-on-with-season-20170930-story.html

I don't see how this team can be focused on football....but I am today so maybe they will be too.
I'm not protesting. I will stand for the anthem like I have done since I was a child going to my first game at Memorial Stadium. Seriously, I stared in awe and reverence at this every time I entered that stadium...

1344709896_47d7d34a6c_b.jpeg

The Ravens players are not evil guys. They are good guys who spend a lot more time helping in the community than other professional athletes.

I think many people are confused about what is going down and I'm one of them.

I'm not confused about being a Ravens fan.

I will probably be silent if they kneel, let the moment pass and then get on with the game.

I just hope this team shows up or this season is tanked.

Also, I have to laugh at myself.

My biggest problem or issue this morning is not protesting but whether or not to wear my Ravens purple socks.

I wore them last week and the Ravens were clobbered.

Think I'll go white. :gorave:

my point is why go after the flag and the anthem when you risk people tuning out the message and looking at just the disrespect. Heck I bet most dont even know why they are protesting. All they are seeing is the disrespect of the flag and their brain stops there.

It goes back to the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I'm not sure about the black injustice. One thing I'm sure about is the POS potus has no respect for this country so why should the players?? When the POS says don't watch or go to the games all my TVs are on and on the Ravens games. I have oodles of respect for this country just not a lick about what the idiot says to do. GO RAVENS !!!!!!!

Well I was at the game today and that reinforced my thoughts that the protesting during the anthem is not the problem to most people, it's the protesting itself. The players got cheered, the anthem got cheered, the quiet moment in between where the players knelf was lodly booed. And the stuff fans yelled!

I never wanted to kneel during the anthem more. But I was a coward.

Well I was at the game today and that reinforced my thoughts that the protesting during the anthem is not the problem to most people, it's the protesting itself. The players got cheered, the anthem got cheered, the quiet moment in between where the players knelf was lodly booed. And the stuff fans yelled!

I never wanted to kneel during the anthem more. But I was a coward.

Between the Dal game last week and yesterday it is proven.

Between the Dal game last week and yesterday it is proven.

I was wondering because the bulk of the people I heard complaining about the protests during the anthem were people who complained about the various marches and rallies over the last 6 months. Yesterday confirmed it. It's not about the protests during the anthem, at least not for most people, it's just about people protesting. I guess they should be more "grateful".

https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/914539721266794497

There were tons of boos when they knelt. It took patriotism off the table and still get boos. The NFL has a lot of ingrained racism in its fanbase.

I didn't boo or get upset with it. I thought it was presented well and thought "Cool!"

I think fans thought the Ravens were going to kneel for the anthem while the Steelers stood.

They should have told the fans what they were going to do a few days in advance and I would have joined them in kneeling.

As far as racism, it's not just the NFL.

In very general terms, it's in every country on this planet from the beginning of recorded history.

How do we overcome it and shift to a higher level out of this mess?

I didn't boo or get upset with it. I thought it was presented well and thought "Cool!"

I think fans thought the Ravens were going to kneel for the anthem while the Steelers stood.

They should have told the fans what they were going to do a few days in advance and I would have joined them in kneeling.

As far as racism, it's not just the NFL.

In very general terms, it's in every country on this planet from the beginning of recorded history.

How do we overcome it and shift to a higher level out of this mess?

i think some fans thought they were going to stay kneeling.

According to the paper Cunningham announced that this was a moment of silent prayer before the flag and anthem. Unless the reporter is a liar I have to think that is true.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-rr-fans-20171002-story.html

First, let me commend the entire Ravens organization for their classy, well-intended attempt to establish an environment that did not create villains or heroes in the recent controversy around NFL players speaking out about injustices they see before them all too often (“Ravens, Steelers stand for national anthem; Baltimore players take knee to pray beforehand,” Oct. 1). This approach could have, and may still, set the stage for the discourse necessary to address very painful realities for which we are all responsible.

Free speech is an oxymoron; it is risky, it requires courage, and it is often not without consequences. It is not “free”; it is a legal right, but not free. My wife and I are long-term permanent seat license owners and loyal Ravens fans. The fan behavior prior to the singing of the national anthem was disconcerting, alarming and sad, in both the short and long run. The announcer clearly stated that the Ravens team was going to take a knee for a moment of prayer prior to the singing of the national anthem. As soon as the team took a knee to pray, the majority of the fans booed very loudly. Now, I am not much of a church going man, but I do know that taking a knee to pray never warrants booing or any sort of disrespectful behavior. It struck me that the booing fans were looking for something to complain and whine about, even a clearly stated moment of prayer on a knee.

A regular fan says it was announced.

It was announced at the game, on the spot and clear to me.

But it happened real fast and I think people were not sure of what was going to happen. I was.

I was trying to say, and I'll say it again, that if this had been announced a day or so before the game, that I think fans would have understood the kneeling and probably not boo'd because they would have known the kneeling would be for a moment of silence and then the players would stand for the anthem. If I had more time to understand what they were going to do, then I would have kneeled with them.

I'm sure some fans would have boo'd anyway.

What difference does it make if there was an announcement at the time, an hour before, a day before, a week, month, or year before? It's not like it was unexpected. It's a bunch of folks coming into Baltimore who aren't affected by the day to day BS, who don't give a damn about anything not in their circle, who rather say how dare the ungrateful negros use the platform we've given them to anything other than entertain us, and who are happy remaining isolated, ignorant, and stupid who are butt-hurt boo-birds. Screw them.

What difference does it make if there was an announcement at the time, an hour before, a day before, a week, month, or year before? It's not like it was unexpected. It's a bunch of folks coming into Baltimore who aren't affected by the day to day BS, who don't give a damn about anything not in their circle, who rather say how dare the ungrateful negros use the platform we've given them to anything other than entertain us, and who are happy remaining isolated, ignorant, and stupid who are butt-hurt boo-birds. Screw them.

Preach woman,preach!

rTHC2Jq.gif

It was announced at the game, on the spot and clear to me.

But it happened real fast and I think people were not sure of what was going to happen. I was.

I was trying to say, and I'll say it again, that if this had been announced a day or so before the game, that I think fans would have understood the kneeling and probably not boo'd because they would have known the kneeling would be for a moment of silence and then the players would stand for the anthem. If I had more time to understand what they were going to do, then I would have kneeled with them.

I'm sure some fans would have boo'd anyway.

The anger in and around me during the announcement and during the kneeling make me disagree very much.

But hey most people yelled "O" and they shot fireworks off and had planes flyover during the anthem so all was well.

Edited by Spen

Please don't play the face card here. This issue had nothing to do with race. It was about our country.