• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,865 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

It was announced at the game, on the spot and clear to me.

But it happened real fast and I think people were not sure of what was going to happen. I was.

I was trying to say, and I'll say it again, that if this had been announced a day or so before the game, that I think fans would have understood the kneeling and probably not boo'd because they would have known the kneeling would be for a moment of silence and then the players would stand for the anthem. If I had more time to understand what they were going to do, then I would have kneeled with them.

I'm sure some fans would have boo'd anyway.

When an NFL season is over, there is a game or a stretch of them that usually defines it. The Ravens are about to enter one of those periods.

Preston

#42 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

I think they would have booed anyway.  I have seen to examples in 2 weeks.  

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

#43 deeshopper

deeshopper

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,706 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

What difference does it make if there was an announcement at the time, an hour before, a day before, a week, month, or year before? It's not like it was unexpected. It's a bunch of folks coming into Baltimore who aren't affected by the day to day BS, who don't give a damn about anything not in their circle, who rather say how dare the ungrateful negros use the platform we've given them to anything other than entertain us, and who are happy remaining isolated, ignorant, and stupid who are butt-hurt boo-birds. Screw them.

#44 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

What difference does it make if there was an announcement at the time, an hour before, a day before, a week, month, or year before? It's not like it was unexpected. It's a bunch of folks coming into Baltimore who aren't affected by the day to day BS, who don't give a damn about anything not in their circle, who rather say how dare the ungrateful negros use the platform we've given them to anything other than entertain us, and who are happy remaining isolated, ignorant, and stupid who are butt-hurt boo-birds. Screw them.

Preach woman,preach!

#45 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

rTHC2Jq.gif

#46 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:48 PM

http://www.baltimore...1002-story.html

A regular fan says it was announced.

It was announced. And greeted angrily.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people upset at the protests during the anthem or really any protests that upset them any other time.
Hi.

#47 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

It was announced at the game, on the spot and clear to me.
But it happened real fast and I think people were not sure of what was going to happen. I was.

I was trying to say, and I'll say it again, that if this had been announced a day or so before the game, that I think fans would have understood the kneeling and probably not boo'd because they would have known the kneeling would be for a moment of silence and then the players would stand for the anthem. If I had more time to understand what they were going to do, then I would have kneeled with them.
I'm sure some fans would have boo'd anyway.

The anger in and around me during the announcement and during the kneeling make me disagree very much.

But hey most people yelled "O" and they shot fireworks off and had planes flyover during the anthem so all was well.

Edited by Spen, 03 October 2017 - 09:53 PM.

Hi.

#48 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

agreed on both

#49 Tornado700

Tornado700

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Ravens, Md. Terps

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Please don't play the face card here. This issue had nothing to do with race. It was about our country.

#50 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

No it had everything to do with race.  That was the point from day one.

#51 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

Please don't play the face card here. This issue had nothing to do with race. It was about our country.

Oh bullshit. I'm as white as the Winchester brothers and it's obvious that if Kaep looked more like Tom Brady this wouldn't be nearly as big. You're woefully ignorant or purposely ignorant if you deny that.
Hi.

#52 Tornado700

Tornado700

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

The only ones I see who are making this about race are the left wing folkes. No one that I know- never even thought about race before I started seeing it on liberal news stations. It's always been about, to me at least, about our anthem, flag, soldiers, and country. Not the color of someone's skin color. I find this appalling.

#53 deeshopper

deeshopper

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,706 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

The only ones I see who are making this about race are the left wing folkes. No one that I know- never even thought about race before I started seeing it on liberal news stations. It's always been about, to me at least, about our anthem, flag, soldiers, and country. Not the color of someone's skin color. I find this appalling.

I find willful ignorance appalling.

#54 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Why is it right wing folks think racism is OK?

I find willful ignorance appalling.

Agreed

#55 thesteelhurtin

thesteelhurtin

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

same here but the left doesnt understand that and doesnt believe it to be true or even possible. They believe no matter what at the end of the day its about race. I joined the ARMY my junior year of high school simply because I loved this country and like I said earlier I had no problem with what they did on Sunday. By he time the Anthem was playing they were standing

#56 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

http://fortune.com/2...dresses-racism/

The Air Force Academy superintendent actually had to call out racism in the cadets.

#57 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

I could not put it better than Pop has put it.

#58 RavenMad

RavenMad

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

I'm as white as snow and the only problem I have with what the players are doing is the discussion seems to have lost sight of the issue. It's about what the players are doing rather than the topic that started the protests in the first place.

People are arguing over the perceived disrespect for the flag, national anthem and the people that serve the USA rather than the racism and profiling of minorities by the authorities.

I wish I lived in a world where we all got along as equals but I can't imagine that's ever going to happen in my life time. That said, we have to try. Afterall, if you and I remain silent who will educate the ignorant.

2narark.jpg

#59 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

I think that was the point of it.  Pivot the topic away from the point when you don't want to talk about that topic.

#60 Tornado700

Tornado700

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

I refuse to get into a pissing match with a skunk, Papa. You have your opinions and I have mine. End of discussion from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users