ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Turn out the light

Tornado700

It was brutal

I actually had a good time. Lost my voice in the second quarter so I must be out of shape.

By halftime the Ravens had been outscored 63-7 in their last 6 quarters and the brutal truth sunk in.

There was a faint ray of sunshine when Wallace scored, but the Ravens were never really in this game after the opening drive.

The Steelers being able to run the ball at will in the 2nd half was disappointing.

Mosley can't cover. Jefferson keeps getting out of position. The Steelers kept bouncing the ball outside and the Ravens had no answer.

What worked for a brief moment was the short passing game. Timed routes. Spot throws. Then the INT.

The Steelers defense is not good. They were pitching a shut out.

Couple of points.

1.) No team has a chance without a decent O-line. Injuries have murdered this unit.

2.) And this has been pointed out on these boards- without an offense, the entire defense plays 3/4 of the entire game. I watched this on TV and they seemed sluggish and exhausted out there.

How can you go 6-0 (incl. preseason), then get completely blown out in consecutive games?

And now, they have to fly to Oakland. Sigh....

Max you have earned a medal for having to sit there and watch that game.

I didn't think they had a shot to win when I left the house. I've sat through some brutal seasons and bad games. No need to stop now.

I look for anything good. They had 1 good play in the first half. Their first play. Collins run.

It's a crazy season.

Panthers beat the Patriots.

Bills beat the Falcons

Rams beat Mexico's Team.

Jet beat the Jags....they are 2-2....same as the Ravens.

Today's question:

Who has the better team?

Ravens offense is a mess

Fresh off a blowout 44-7 loss to Jacksonville last week, the Ravens’ offense was back up to its old tricks against Pittsburgh on Sunday. The team put up nine total points in a 26-9 home loss to the Steelers, dropping their record to 2-2 after winning its first two games of the season.

The struggling Joe Flacco threw two more interceptions after being benched in Week 3. He also averaged just 4.8 yards per attempt and was sacked four times in a brutal all-around performance. Meanwhile, Baltimore missed Pro Bowl defensive tackle Brandon Williams in a game that saw the team yield 144 yards and two scores to Le’Veon Bell. Even in an AFC North that doesn’t look too difficult, Baltimore’s performance over the past two weeks has been downright disgusting. That’s a problem............http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top-takeaways-from-nfl-week-4/ar-AAsLTK7?li=BBnb7Kz

This offense under coordinator Marty Mornhinweg is broken, and there doesn't appear to be a quick fix. It's these types of lackluster efforts that have cost offensive coordinators their jobs in Baltimore. Just ask Cam Cameron and Marc Trestman.

The emotions got so heated that wide receiver Jeremy Maclin threw his helmet to the ground and then yelled at Mornhinweg.

Asked about the offense's frustration level, Maclin said, "It's high. It's frustrating."......http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/39331/time-to-push-the-panic-button-on-joe-flacco-ravens-offense

It's over folks. Too many injuries and too many issues.

So now you are willing to9 see reality.

Couple of points.

1.) No team has a chance without a decent O-line. Injuries have murdered this unit.

2.) And this has been pointed out on these boards- without an offense, the entire defense plays 3/4 of the entire game. I watched this on TV and they seemed sluggish and exhausted out there.

How can you go 6-0 (incl. preseason), then get completely blown out in consecutive games?

And now, they have to fly to Oakland. Sigh....

Don't forget the OL was also pretty well ignores. They traded their starting center and did nothing about it. The starting RT left via FA and again did noting about it. They drafted 2 guards which was the least of their issues on the OL.

In fairness to the run defense, the ravens were gutted on the edges, outside the tackle. Their ends, cough- cough bama boy and old man suggs, did not hold the edge. Williams would have made little differnce in my opinion. Urban on the other hand..

Suggs should have long ago been sent on his way. He is older than time and can't do it against good teams anymore.

Somehow, some way, they need to get rid of Flacco and that BIG monetary obligation. It was Bisciotti's biggest mistake. And he has to know that. I'd rather have Mallet with a good Oline than to have Flacco with a bad beaten up one.