ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Ravens will be Fine

vmax

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestan.....as long as the defense keeps pitching shutouts.

Ravens take control of the No. 6 and final playoff spot in the AFC after the Bills got routed by the Chargers. Baltimore (5-5) has the same record as Buffalo, but the Ravens' conference record (4-3) is better than the Bills (3-4).

Hundley's pretty bad.....but finally a win at Lambeau. :gorave:

What do you think Mike?

Ravens will be fine as long as they take apart the woeful teams left on the scheduleThe Ravens have a favorable schedule. It’s not as if they are a good team but they still get to play some really bad ones. They get Houston next Monday night and still have Cleveland on the road and Indianapolis and Cincinnati at home.

What do those four teams have in common? They are woefully bad.

The Texans beat Arizona, 31-21, Sunday but Houston’s secondary has gotten lit up for four straight weeks. In addition, the team has been hit hard by injuries and has Tom Savage at quarterback. Combine that with playing on the road in a nationally televised game and that equals three turnovers and a Ravens victory.

Indianapolis and Cleveland have no shot at the playoffs and Cincinnati’s players will have the U-Haul trucks parked outside M&T Bank Stadium ready to go home when they come to Baltimore on New Year’s Eve. :fishin: ..http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-packers-20171119-story.html

Yeah, play design is wonderful. Your left tackle is being beaten like a drum so you; tripple team the nose guard... Yep, this team will be fine...

Terrible win, no offense against the worst defense in the league and 4 turnovers... Few pts to show even though starting field poaition was around the 50 and they controlled time of possession.. Yeah, this team will be fine.

Because taking apart the lesser teams and squeaking into the playoffs only to be 1 & done is important...

All this does is give the Biscut amo to make no changes...

This team is terrible, the defense not as good as the 3 shutouts, yep, that is impressive. Even though they lead the league in picks, in redzone picks... Good quarterbacks will pick them a part, run all over them.

Fine, just fine, nothing to worry about. Where is that picture of kevin bacon in animal house at the parade.... Just fine, stay calm...

All this does is give the Biscut amo to make no changes...

This team is terrible, the defense not as good as the 3 shutouts, yep, that is impressive. Even though they lead the league in picks, in redzone picks... Good quarterbacks will pick them a part, run all over them.

Fine, just fine, nothing to worry about. Where is that picture of kevin bacon in animal house at the parade.... Just fine, stay calm...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is exactly what I'm afraid of---Bisciotti doing nothing because 'Heck, we made the playoffs with a ton of injuries...no need to fire anybody.'

Sheesh!

It's kind of funny or sad, depending on how you look at it, but the Ravens are in sole possession of the final wildcard spot.

I find it's getting interesting now.

I mean I think I'm seeing what everybody is seeing, yet as weak and flawed as this offense is, this team has a legit shot at making the playoffs....because most of their opponents are as weak and flawed as they are or worse.

Somebody will get that 6th spot.

Why not the Ravens?

Let's see how this plays out. Who wants it and gets their act together?

It's interesting this week. Maybe next week it will be not interesting if they lose Monday Night.

So why not cheer them on? :gorave:

And the defense and special teams are good. They are for real. Like 2000. No...the D is not as good as the 2000 D, but you get my drift.

Find a way for Joe to make 2-3 big plays a game a la Trent Dilfer and they're in.

Protect the ball. Play the field position game (a lot of exciting punting) :cryin: and let the D and ST do their thing.

I think that was the plan all along.

Dull, boring, ugly, Dark Side football from the offense at least. The D is fun to watch.

We've lived through this once.....and we're still here, alive and well.

15251e6124b11b03ac3e742dd55974e3.jpg

I mean...try another perspective gang.

We could be, at this moment, while we moan away,...we could be unaware that we are in the midst of another Super Bowl season! :gorave:

AABT029~Trent-Dilfer-With-Super-Bowl-XXX

“That's the thing, we have to play winning football,” coach John Harbaugh said Monday. “I think the formula begins to present itself as the season wears on here as to what that is for us. We need to put that together to win football games.”

Get your coaches in a room, log on to ExtremeRavens and read the post above John.

"You play to win the draft pick!"

Did I say that right?

Sure, anything can happen, it did in 2011, 2012. But do we honestly think after what good quarterbacks have done, even what the bad ones did only to throw a pick in the redzone or the Ravens side of the 50 after driving the length of the field, that this defense can keep Brady, Ben, a healthy Marriota, from scoring 25 pts?

Can this defense cause those qbs to turn the ball over 3-4 times per game?

This offense, even with getting 3 turnovers and great starting field position can barely crack 20 pts.

Is it really enough to just make the playoffs, lose the 1st game and pick 26th or so?

This team needs a real wide out ready to go, 28 have been taken and 28 have been busts but there are a couple of ready to eat wide outs this draft. They need a real threat at tight end, they need a real center, and maybe a tackle. Oh yes, this is also a draft to nab Flacco's replacement, there are a number of them who need only 2 years or so to learn & mature..

Not that the leadership of this front office & coaching staff sees these needs.....

Tsylvester,

Hey, we win if we can win. Sure, we'll probably end up 8-8 ( + or - a W) would be 1 and done, even if we made POs.

Still, how do you do otherwise ? Nobody's laying down for anybody, everybody wants to win Sunday. Look at the Giants on Sunday.

At that same time, we need an sledgehammer RB and a game changer WR. If you're running the FO, you go after both.

Its understood you trade up (maybe trade someone) but we need some damn weapons and this recycled FO WR/RB gig ain't cutting it.

So....you do both - win and draft the best dang guy - at all costs. Imagine this team and defense (on the rise) with a RB Saquon Barkley and/or WR Calvin Ridley in the lineup next year. Crazy or unrealistic, its what this team needs to do to WIN !

Skip the B-man, yes he is great but he gets shut down easily. Give me Ridley in the 1st, Gisicki in thel 2nd, Mayfield in the 3rd then find whom ever you want the rest of the draft. It would be an A draft....

I'd certainly consider that an A draft...do you really think we have a shot to get all 3?

I'd certainly consider that an A draft...do you really think we have a shot to get all 3?

Maybe on Ridley, he is the best wide out in the draft, imo, great route runner, speed, quickness, vision, catches and puts the ball away quckly.. I've watched him for 3 years now, wow... He may vo top 10, but with all the teams that need other positions & with guys like Washington (OSU), Pettit ( Washington) etc, I could see him slip to 15, if they keep winning a trade up would be needed.

But the other tqo yes, with out a doubt but, will they pull the trigger, where do they rank them....

They should let all of these guys go. The only one that hurts is Wallace and he can't stay young forever.

They need to devote this year's draft to the offense like they did with the defense last year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-news-notes-free-agents-20171121-story.html

Sylvester, I love those picks. But like you said, is the FO up to the task?

Yea...not losing much if those guys leave. Keep Jensen. He can play multiple positions and they have to have one guy who's nasty.

Probably keep Wallace because there is nobody to replace him and his attitude has been great.

Potty Mouth Mallett talked himself out of a job.

Defense is going to be tight! :gorave:

A stat that bodes well for the Ravens’ future: They had seven first- or second-year guys play 19 defensive snaps or more in the shutout of the Packers.

903adb71c90b4262a1f909076ff68aea.jpg?ito

Edited by vmax

"You play to win the draft pick!"

Did I say that right?

Sure, anything can happen, it did in 2011, 2012. But do we honestly think after what good quarterbacks have done, even what the bad ones did only to throw a pick in the redzone or the Ravens side of the 50 after driving the length of the field, that this defense can keep Brady, Ben, a healthy Marriota, from scoring 25 pts?

Can this defense cause those qbs to turn the ball over 3-4 times per game?

This offense, even with getting 3 turnovers and great starting field position can barely crack 20 pts.

Is it really enough to just make the playoffs, lose the 1st game and pick 26th or so?

This team needs a real wide out ready to go, 28 have been taken and 28 have been busts but there are a couple of ready to eat wide outs this draft. They need a real threat at tight end, they need a real center, and maybe a tackle. Oh yes, this is also a draft to nab Flacco's replacement, there are a number of them who need only 2 years or so to learn & mature..

Not that the leadership of this front office & coaching staff sees these needs.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2017/11/27/verdict-is-in-joe-flacco-is-not-elite-and-its-time-for-ravens-to-move-on/?utm_term=.7060509bf731

Verdict is in: Joe Flacco is not elite. And it’s time for Ravens to move on.

The Post agrees with you.