• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

The D gave up 545 yards of offense. That's unbelievable.
39 points!
They looked like a division 2 team playing against the NFL.

The Ravens have to go darkside against the good QB's, lines and receivers. Chew up clock.
They can't win in a shoot out.
Even scarier, field position did not matter. The Steelers O made it look easy.

You'd think 38 points would have been more than enough. The Steeler did was crappy too.

11 pt lead blown in the last 3 mins... AGAIN!

Their answer? Oh, just a simple fix.... Sure, the offense could have gotten one more first down, but the defense should have had 1 more stop...

Just like many said at the begining of the year, no pressure on the qb late in the game, late in the season.

The secondary continues to have break downs, communication issues, covered up by poor quarterbacks.

The play calling on offense & defense continues to suck late in the games, as well as poor decisions by the head coach..

Yet Biscutt will do nothing, especially if they make the playoffa by beating horrible teams...

#22 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,093 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

Carr was more apt to be attacked with Jimmy going down.  That really hurt the DBs.  But I think the safeties are weak.  Jefferson is really being exposed now.

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

#23 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

Both Carr and Jefferson are over rated, neither can tackle and are slow to recognize the routes....

#24 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,093 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

Carr is ok.  He has really helped to stabilize the CBs.  He just needs help sometimes.

#25 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

And let's not forget that Antonio Brown, Bell, and Ben are three of the best as they've proven over several seasons now.

Pitt's D stunk too.

And yes. 38 points should have won it.

Eric Weddle: “You can’t just chalk it up to being ‘one bad game.’ It’s serious. We can’t play like that.”

#26 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

All good points. Jefferson and Carr give me the shakes.
I would imagine the Browns - Gordon et al- are licking their chops right now. I would be. We need to build the secondary around Humphrey and the youngsters. Maybe draft another saefrty and or FA in the offseason.

For what's it worth, we came within a whisker of beating the Stealers in their house. We were a Maclin inbound reception away from a Tucker FG attempt and game winner. For my money, Pittsburgh is going to run the table and wrap up the SB, barring an injury to one of their Bs. And we played them to a 1 Pt game. And that's what you call the Mediocre Football League MFL.

#27 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,093 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

The Browns don't have multiple receivers who can hurt them so not as dangerous.  That said Harbs apparently said that helping Carr was not part of the game plan.  Pop Warner coaches grasp that depending on circumstances adjustments are needed.

#28 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

The Browns don't have multiple receivers who can hurt them so not as dangerous.  That said Harbs apparently said that helping Carr was not part of the game plan.  Pop Warner coaches grasp that depending on circumstances adjustments are needed.

I wouldn't sell em - Gordon, Coleman, Njoku, Crowell - short.    Gordon could go off - he's certainly seen the blueprint.   After a blown game and likely hangover, we will likely get "all we can handle" on Sunday.

Don't be surprised with a Browns W.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users