ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Garoppolo new deal

tsylvester

• 3 weeks later...

After 2020 you will see.

Likely to see sooner...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22598371/green-bay-packers-president-mark-murphy-says-there-progress-new-contract-aaron-rodgers

INDIANAPOLIS -- It shouldn't be too long before Aaron Rodgers is back atop the NFL quarterback pay scale.

Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy told ESPN on Tuesday there has already been progress made toward a new contract for the two-time NFL MVP even though he's signed through the 2019 season.

"I think we certainly would like to get it done sooner rather than later - not necessarily for those reasons," Gutekunst said Wednesday. "But when you have the best player in the National Football League, it's not going to be inexpensive, you know what I mean? Obviously Aaron is a high priority, he's a great player and I think that should take care of itself at some point."

He said he would like to get it done this offseason and after the podium he said, "I wouldn't expect it to be real difficult."