ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Three not-so bold predictions for the Ravens in the offseason

papasmurfbell

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2018/2/10/16997114/three-not-so-bold-predictions-ravens-offseason-jarvis-landry-cj-mosley-ryan-jensen-49ers-jets-bills

1. The Ravens will not re-sign C Ryan Jensen

Ryan Jensen had a phenomenal 2017 campaign with the Baltimore Ravens. His breakout season came at right on time as he is now set to his free agency. According to SpoTrac, his market value is approximate $8.9 million, which would put him among the top seven centers, in terms of average annual value. Now, is he worth that? That is an entirely different discussion.

Regardless, with teams like the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets needing centers, Jensen could command a lot of money. Not to mention, the San Francisco 49ers will be looking to either re-sign Daniel Kilgore or likely addressing this void in free agency. With the Ravens tight of cap space, Jensen will walk.

2. Baltimore will not sign WR Jarvis Landry

Jarvis Landry is the hot name for the Ravens. It does make some sense for Baltimore to pursue Landry, but the reality is, he will command a ton of money that the Ravens simply do not have at this point. Sure, cutting several players could create some space, but it is unlikely Landry will land in Baltimore due to other reasons than just his expected price tag. Other suitors with legitimate Super Bowl hopes and higher cap space will lure Landry away from the Ravens.

3. The Ravens will agree to a four-year contract extension with ILB C.J. Mosley worth nearly $45 million

C.J. Mosley is scheduled to play under his fifth-year option in 2018. However, with the Ravens tight on cap space and the desire on both sides to reach a long-term deal, Mosley will agree to a extension. Despite coming off of a rough season, Mosley earns a rather lucrative contract that will make him one of the highest paid inside linebackers in the NFL.

I would look to lower that Mosley deal but in general I agree.

Jensen? I hope he gets over paid by another team. I am all for continuity, but he gets bold over by linebackers on a blitz, manhandled by beefier nose tackles and gets lost trying to block in space when he pulls.

Sure, he is a "nasty" player, but his shot gun snaps are off target when he knows he has to adjust to a blocking scheme. They can do just as well if not better with a drafted center and save money.

Mosely, let him agree to a team cap space price, but no way is he worth top 10 money. He over shoots gaps, can't cover man to man and often bites too hard on play action so when he is in a zone, passes go over his head in the middle because he does not get proper depth. Don't give me his tackle numbers, they are often down field because he can't get off a block.

Again, better value in the draft.

Landry is a good prospect, but can the coaching staff use him properly? They will have to over pay him or any other wide out to come here; where great receivers come to die....

Eisenberg's article is mostly spot on. There will be good receiver value in the second round if they don't get Ridley in the first. I really wouldn't mind them taking an offensive tackle first. But they should take the best offensive player available rather any defensive player.

Eisenberg's article is mostly spot on. There will be good receiver value in the second round if they don't get Ridley in the first. I really wouldn't mind them taking an offensive tackle first. But they should take the best offensive player available rather any defensive player.

I don't think Ridley will translate. I think he is to small. I like Sutton in the first.

They could easily make space, but is he worth it?

No he isn't. I have seen ppl saying to redo Joe's contract. Then they can't cut him after 2018. Ppl just do not think past step 1.