ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2018 RAVENS MOCK DRAFT MONITOR 3.0

papasmurfbell

https://www.fanragsports.com/ravens/ravens-7-round-mock-draft-pre-combine-edition/

Round 1, pick 16: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

General manager Ozzie Newsome plans to step down after the 2018 season concludes, but you know he’s going to want to take one more Alabama player in the first round before riding into the sunset. It’s tough to blame him in this spot, since Ridley is the best wide receiver in the draft and a nuanced playmaker ready to make an impact.

Round 2, pick 52: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

There is no point in the Ravens screwing around anymore. They’ve spent a ton of recent picks on defense, now they need to get the other side of the ball rolling and stockpile weapons in the passing game. Baltimore has a ton of tight ends and none of them are the long-term answer at the position. Goedert may not be the fastest pass catcher, but he has exceptional ball skills and would help out significantly in the red zone.

Round 3, pick 83: Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State

The Ravens are set at tackle for now, but Baltimore could divorce Austin Howard after this season, and Cappa would be the perfect future starter when the veteran leaves. He’ll have to adapt after moving from the left side, but his ability to find the set point and work powerful strikes into his pass protection is surpassed only by his nastiness and technique in the run game. Cappa may work at guard this season and even start before moving back to tackle in 2019.

Round 3, pick 102: Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

Leonard might need a little bit of time to develop, but he is a rangy linebacker with excellent length and the ability to lay big hits when he gets the opportunity. His processing skills are still developing, and I haven’t seen enough reps in man coverage to project him to have a big role there.

Round 4, pick 120: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU

Chark is a true speedster, and the Ravens have always tried to keep vertical threats in their offense. With Mike Wallace hitting free agency, Jeremy Maclin not impressing last season, and Breshad Perriman facing the possibility of being cut, the Ravens need to stockpile receivers in a big way, and Chark fits what Joe Flacco wants offensively.

Round 5, pick 156: Dominick Sanders, S, Georgia

Sanders may have blown the coverage that cost Georgia the national championship game, but he made plenty of other plays throughout the season that showcased his range and obvious talent. The combine may move him up the board for some teams, but for now he makes sense as a prospect to develop behind Eric Weddle and Tony Jefferson.

Round 6, pick 193: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

The Ravens have to be proactive about adding talent at wide receiver, and even the troubled Callaway can’t be out of consideration. Callaway is very talented, but off-field problems have constantly landed him in hot water, to the point where he was kicked off the team this past season at Florida. The Ravens’ stable organization and strong locker room could do wonders for him.

Round 7, pick 238: Sean Welsh, OG, Iowa

The Ravens need some depth at guard, and Welsh is an experienced prospect who can help out in the run game despite some limitations in pass protection.

This draft would suck.

I know they wouldn't do it bc of Harbs but if Mayfield dropped I would take him in a hot second. If he is not there I really like Sutton in the first. Then I am looking at a position breakdown that are must fills. OC and RT are a must. A TE and at least 2 WRs are also a must when they are done. They also have to get a QB that can take over for Joe. I am thinking Ferguson in the 3rd if not Mayfield in the first.

So basically there are 6 position musts that need to be met.

The WRs I am eyeing are Sutton, Brown(ND), Kirk, Cobbs, Miller(Memphis), Ateman, Lasley, Fountain, Moore(Mizzou), and Moore(UMD).

The TEs I am looking at are Hurst, Andrews, Gesicki, Goedert, Aikens, and Conklin.

OT: Miller(UCLA), O'Neil(Pitt but not as a 1st rounder), Parker(NCA&T), Crosby, Okarafor, Senat, Demby, and Boettger.

C: Price(OSU), Wynn(UGA), Daniels(Iowa), Ragnow, Clapp, Corbett, Welsh(Iowa), Adams(Stanford)

QB: Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Falk, Ferguson

Well, papa, I think pretty strongly that Mayfield will be gone and even if he drops his 'character' concerns would make the Ravens reluctant to take him. Even more so since they think it's premature to draft a quarterback that high. I don't know all of the players you mentioned but I do like Sutton and Kirk. Tight ends I know Gesicki and Goedert are getting some love in the press. How about Williams as OT if he's available in the first? Or McGlinchey? I doubt they'd draft a center with the first pick. Acually Price might still be available in round 2.

Regarding quarterbacks how about the guy from the Senior Bowl whose name I have forgotten but he played well in the second half? Or Kirk from from the same game?

Well, papa, I think pretty strongly that Mayfield will be gone and even if he drops his 'character' concerns would make the Ravens reluctant to take him. Even more so since they think it's premature to draft a quarterback that high. I don't know all of the players you mentioned but I do like Sutton and Kirk. Tight ends I know Gesicki and Goedert are getting some love in the press. How about Williams as OT if he's available in the first? Or McGlinchey? I doubt they'd draft a center with the first pick. Acually Price might still be available in round 2.

Regarding quarterbacks how about the guy from the Senior Bowl whose name I have forgotten but he played well in the second half? Or Kirk from from the same game?

There is no way I would go Zues Jr in the first. It looks like he is going really high which is insane.

I think the Mayfield "character" issues are ridiculous. I see so many trying to say he Manzeil but I have heard of no booze issues. I think he is the dog type of guy this team has been lacking for 5 yrs.

I am not saying draft a center in the first. I am just saying they have to draft one and one who can start day one. That can be done in the third.

Lauletta was the qb I was referring to in the Senior Bowl.

I don't know anything about him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-to-grab-baker-mayfield-six-qbs-go-in-first-round/

16. Baltimore Ravens

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU. Just like the Browns are perpetually looking for a quarterback, the Ravens are annually in search of a game-changing wide receiver. They're hoping Sutton, who is a huge downfield target, is that player.

This is a very good pick for the Ravens.