ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

3 Positions Of Need For The Baltimore Ravens In The 1st Round Of The 2018 NFL Draft

papasmurfbell

https://www.chatsports.com/baltimore-ravens/a/3-positions-need-baltimore-ravens-1st-round-2018-nfl-draft-37697

1) Wide Receiver

Baltimore's offense has really struggled over the past few years and a lack of legitimate offensive weapons is one of the big reasons why. The Ravens are making it a point to find at least one top-tier receiver this offseason and they may look to the first round of the draft to get one.

2) Outside Linebacker
The Ravens have always shown interest in linebackers and, with Terrell Suggs entering his 16th NFL season at age 35, Baltimore has to start looking for his replacement sooner rather than later. With a number of quality options available in this draft class, it certainly wouldn't be a shock to see the Ravens find Suggs' eventual replacement in the first round.

3) Running Back

Baltimore has plenty of running backs on the roster, but none of them have shown the ability to be an every-down running back. Do the Ravens have more pressing needs? Absolutely. But - going back to what we said before - this offense needs weapons. If they fall in love with someone like Derrius Guice, they could take him in the first round.

Not QB? How is that not a need with such poor play from the starter for yrs running and he is old and injured now?

There is no RB in this era of the NFL that is worthy of a first round pick.

OLB? They need gigantic help on offense. D is not the issue. I would look at Griffin as a sleeper bargain also.

Who is this clown? Defense in round one is not a position of need nor is runningback.... Neither position is worthy of the 16th pick.

If the wide out or Mayfield is not there at 16, you either reach for the tightend of take less than when trading back...

If they dare draft defense at 16 or even in the first round if they trade back, they will lose the fanbase that is left.

Especially # 3. Collins? West? Not every down backs? That's news to me.

And I agree that IF a QB who has a good chance of being a # 1 for us is there in the 1st, take him. If not, then next year and the year after that. Joe has not earned his money and his cap situation has only drug this team into mediocrity.

I don't know anything about Maysfield. Can anyone enlighten me regarding how he could come in and outperform Joe? I'm not saying that he can't because I don't know him. But I do know Joe and he's a middle of the pack QB in my eyes.

Opinions vary greatly on Mayfield, one of the more polarizing figures in the draft. Some. believe he has the size (he's listed at 6-foot-1) to warrant a pick in the top half of the first round, and others believe he has the "it factor" to be the face of a franchise.

Mayfield's numbers are jaw-dropping. Over the past two seasons, he completed over 70 percent of his passes while throwing 83 touchdowns and 14 interceptions...http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/43663/would-ravens-shock-everyone-including-owner-and-draft-baker-mayfield

He's got maturity/character issues but he is one fiery competitor.

Welcome Dayme23. I haven't scratched the surface on this draft ....still hungover from the shitty season the Ravens had last year....

so it's good to get some prospects names and research them. That will help get my head and heart back in the game.

And to that point Eisenberg says:

"

But at the same time, there are reasons why the “first-round quarterback” idea is bubbling up this year. The draft class is super deep in quarterbacks, with as many as six possibly going high. Given the event’s unpredictable nature, a significant talent could be available at No. 16 overall, when the Ravens pick. Those opportunities are rare.

It’s an eye-opening concept, for sure. And there are things about it to like.

For starters, it surely would shake up the local football world, which could use a shake after three straight non-playoff seasons. After a season in which empty seats appeared and the ending disappointed, I’ve heard it suggested that the Ravens can’t do anything to fire up their “bored” fans in the offseason. Oh, yeah? Let’s see what happens if they draft Louisville’s Lamar Jackson or Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield.

That would take care of the yawns. Nothing gets a buzz going like new blood under center.

It also would rock Flacco’s world – nothing affirms your sports mortality more than your replacement’s arrival. Would the Ravens benefit from that? Are they willing to find out?"

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Ravens-Are-Unlikely-to-Draft-a-First-Round-Quarterback-But-the-Idea-Has-Merit-/15122f5f-36cf-4cec-8cb7-a40125928a2c