ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

COURTLAND SUTTON WORKING WITH ANQUAN BOLDIN TO BECOME A 'DOMINANT RECEIVER'

papasmurfbell

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Courtland-Sutton-Working-With-Anquan-Boldin-to-Become-a-Dominant-Receiver/4f6b7726-f78e-4894-8bb3-8f2fbf932df0

There aren’t many wide receivers in this year’s draft with Courtland Sutton’s abundance of gifts.

He stands in at 6-foot-4, 218 pounds. He’s physical. He’s confident.

But when asked for his biggest weakness during NFL Scouting Combine interviews, Sutton admitted it’s getting separation, specifically in and out of breaks, without just bodying defenders up.

“Sometimes that’s a struggle that I do have,” Sutton said. “I understand that. It’s something that I’ve seen, they’ve all seen it. But I’m not to my peak yet. I’m not even close to my peak.”

So who did Sutton enlist to help him?

None other than former Ravens wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who knows a thing or two about how to get open when you’re bigger (or stronger) than your competition but not going to beat them with speed or quickness.

Sutton has been training at XPE Sports in Boca Raton, Fla., with Boldin, who abruptly retired from the Buffalo Bills two weeks after joining the team in August, ending a sparkling career.

“I got to work with him and see what you do in this particular route, just getting the things out of his brain that helped him be a 15-year vet in the league,” Sutton said.

This is not a super star WR class. There are some good ones. Sutton reminds me of Calvin Johnson. I am not saying he is that good but his game reminds me of that. I like him. I really think Riudley will live of the injury report. If Mayfield were gone and they could trade back 4 spots or so I would grab him.