ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Round 1

vmax

Well that move just blew me away. I don't know what to make of it. I've never been a fan of running quarterbacks because they almost invariably wind up getting hurt and then not panning out. I guess time will tell but the Ravens are getting a lot of love for the first round they had.

I'm still stunned.

Wow...I went to bed after they picked Hurst and woke up to find this news.

Accuracy issues, but there is no questioning that Jackson is a Play Maker....and he brings swag,

They lit a fire under Joe's ass.

Great first round. :gorave:

"The big thing is he's a quarterback. That's the first thing to remember," Harbaugh said. "He's a quarterback through and through. He's a playmaker. We do some analytics, and when the ball is in his hands, there hasn't been a better playmaker really in the last few years coming out."

Edited by vmax

Unreal.

the Ravens had to send the 52nd overall pick, the 125th overall pick and a 2019 second-round pick to Philly. In return, the Ravens landed their possible quarterback of the future, along one other pick in 2018 (the 132nd overall pick).

That is too much to give up for a player who is at least 3 years away from maybe helping this team, espcially when this team has some very specific needs.

I know, many are saying how crafty Ponzy was last night, me, how crappy he is and am glad to see him go.

I hope Hurst and Jackson turn out, but they look to me to be Troy Smith & Max Williams....

It makes no sense when you really look at it. They trade down twice, then take the entire 8 minutes to select Hurst.

What? They didn't think he would be there? Then why trade down twice?

Was there still debate over which tight end? That is a worry.

Was it a debate between Hurst and a wide out?

Were they shocked when Moore went ahead of them and scrambled to pick Hurst as a fill in?

Then why trade down twice? Just pick Moore at 22...

You spend all those draft picks to get a quarterback who can't read a defense, who is not yet a pocket passer, whose weight is going to fluctuate downward, not good.

They need a starting tackle & center, sure, they might find one in the 3rd, 2 picks. They might trade up to get one in the 2nd, that will be even more costly.

This team had the 16th pick two years in a row, that tells you they are not set, not good.

They have done nothing so far this draft to help them get better this season, and now, they cost them selves a draft pick next year.

All of this while having RG signed, he may or may not stick. But it appears they plan to fix the line not by better line play, but by running qbs.... Oy

I knew you people would not support Lamar if we drafted him, when he starts you people will not give him time to learn the pro game. He has not even put the uniform on and you people already are predicting and hoping he fails WOW. Just WOW. Kaepernick NO , he didn’t stand. RG3. NO he gets hurt. Action Jackson NO he is not accurate can’t read defenses. It’s always going to be something when the QB is black. Que Dee calling ME the racist. Joe rode that defense for years and had success and soon as the defense wasn’t what it use to be the playoff appearances ceased. You people gave Joe every excuse in the book, he has no line, he has no wrs, it’s the OC, it’s his knee , his back, it’s the defense. Joe had your undieing support from jump and Action Jackson gets this crap. I love the pick but part on me wishes he went somewhere else, somewhere where the fan base would at least give him a chance before they started tearing him down

I have seen him play also, he is a playmaker. You see the yards throwing and running the tds throwing and running.. he may not play the position the way you want him to play it but that doesn’t mean he is going to fail. He doesn’t look the way you want him to look , he doesn’t talk the way you want him to talk but that’s all superficial. You are predicting broken down and playing poorly I’m predicting healthy and playing well. The ravens have to change the offense to his fit his style. Just as O’Brien did with the Texans last year with Watson.

Look, we here are not saying he will fail nor that we want him to fail; you are either very over sensitive or just trolling.

We, me, just pointed out his flaws, what he needs to work on, the major one, reading defenses.

Some can learn that, most cannot, thus why most quarterbacks who are drafted fail in the NFL, MOST.

His accuracy issues can be fixed to some extent, again, for some it has been fixed, for others it never could be, some people are just not skilled with accuracy.

He seems like a great guy, good head on his shoulders, I hope, from a personal perspective, he makes it. From a fan point of view, I hope he is a hall of famer who leads this team to many championships.

But the odds are that he will not, not because he is black but because some 90% or higher of drafted quarterbacks fail, it jumps even higher with the run first qbs, because they are usually slight in frame and get injured in the NFL, where players are just as fast.

My biggest issue is what they gave up for him, given what they need now.

Whatever else Jackson is he is a PLAYMAKER which we needed. It was a gutsy call, one I wouldn't have made but I hope as sure as shit he does pan out and make the 31 teams who passed on him look like fools.

And I think all of us, or nearly all, feel the same way.

Just my opinion but Joe cant read defenses either and he is ten years in. There is a reason he makes one read and checks down.

Yeah, the one reason is he doesn't have time to make a 2nd read.

Sorry, but Joe does know how to read defenses, you showed a little ignorance with that statement...

Lol, So it’s the o line fault. No joe doesn’t put the time in, he has wasted his prime because he got his money and stop giving a damn, his actions have proven that. And Joe not having time is complete BS. You are showing your undying love for Joe with that statement. Contrary to popular belief we had one of the better o lines in the league and now it’s there fault Joe makes one read and checks down. No it’s Joe either not putting in the time or being a dummy