ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sad but True

vmax

4).

Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore Ravens

This is not a joke. And I don't need to pen an extensive screed rationalizing Tucker's place on this list. Let me just ask you one simple question ...

Who is the best and most-reliable weapon to score points on the Baltimore Ravens?

It's the kicker. It's always the kicker. Until Lamar Jackson is ready....http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933254/article/russell-wilson-heads-nfls-oneman-bands-in-the-lebron-mold

It seems like forever that the Ravens biggest scorers were Kickers when you add Mat Stover to the mix.

They rely on FG's way too much.

They ask the D to bail them out.

Year after year they trot an offense out onto the field that is average at best and mostly below average.

It has gotten old.

It will change this year...right?

And the punter, usually giving the defense a long field to work with.

How gratifying is it when an offense goes on a 10 + play, 7 + minute drive ending in a touchdown?

We've seen that sometimes in each season, but just not often enough and rarely to end a game.

Some of that is on the players, more of it is on the play calling. How many times have we seen the offense get the running game going for chunks in a drive, only to have the coordinator call pass plays, ending the drive, not even play action!

And the punter, usually giving the defense a long field to work with.

How gratifying is it when an offense goes on a 10 + play, 7 + minute drive ending in a touchdown?

We've seen that sometimes in each season, but just not often enough and rarely to end a game.

Some of that is on the players, more of it is on the play calling. How many times have we seen the offense get the running game going for chunks in a drive, only to have the coordinator call pass plays, ending the drive, not even play action!

I definitely agree with this. It is on both the players and offensive coach.

Too many passes on 3rd down that wind up 2 yards short of a first down.

I’m hoping that with a healthy offense that will change this year. But we still have the same OC and QB so I think it’s unlikely.

Nonetheless, I find myself strangely looking forward to the season. One way or another things will either change or there will be a massive turnover for 2019.