ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

This seasons Top Storyline?

vmax

I think it is....

Baltimore Ravens
Will this be the end of the John Harbaugh-Joe Flacco era?

Over the past 10 years, Harbaugh and Flacco have combined for 92 regular-season wins, six playoff seasons and one Super Bowl title. But the pressure is on for both to get back to their winning ways. Owner Steve Bisciotti said he considered firing Harbaugh after the Ravens failed to reach the postseason for a third straight year, and Baltimore drafted potential Flacco heir apparent Lamar Jackson in the first round this year. Given that this is already the final season for general manager Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens could undergo a major transformation if they're sitting at home in January again. -- Jamison Hensley...http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23605778/predicting-top-2018-nfl-season-storylines-all-32-teams

Winning, getting to the playoffs, Harbaugh, Flacco...

You can say this for half the teams in the league. In the Ravens case, this decline has been going on for a while.

Has Harbaugh's message and ability to motivate gone sour? It could be the other way too. Maybe Harbaugh is part of the reason this team did as well as they did with all the injuries and talent drain.

As for Joe. No more excuses. He has more than enough help this year....unless they start dropping like flies.

I dunno, I'm starting to feel positive vibes about this year. I like the quality increases they've made on Offense and the Defense ain't bad.

I'll say one thing...if they do make the playoffs, they will call Harbaugh and Newsome geniuses. And rightly so.

On the other hand, if they don't, it will be plain to everybody that Harbaugh has worn out his message and Newsome ended his active career on the downside.

Either way like I've said many times, it will be interesting to watch them this year.

I said before I am reading Guttman's Parcells biography. Really interesting read. While doing it I am contrasting what he did with what I see Harbs does. One big one is Bill would not hesitate to call players out for being screwups. He would not tolerate players making the same mistakes over and over. He would also not tolerate lazy efforts during games. Harbs has been cool with everyone of these things.