ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Carrying 3 QB's

oldno82

Ah, no, RG hasn't shown he is far better than the rookie FIRST ROUND PICK. If Joe goes down, just like with every other team, the season is over. Last year with Phili was a fluke.

Keep 2, if Joe goes down throw the rookie in, why else would you trade BACK UP into the first round if you were not prepared to play him this year.

Just release RG, it is not as if teams were nor will be beating down his door to sign him. He will still be there on his couch if "needed".

But knowing this front office, they will keep 3...

This is why they get paid the big bucks. To make decisions like this.

Look at all the injuries last year. The Ravens shifted players all over the place and special teams.

In this respect, keeping a 3rd QB would be business as usual. Other players will have to step up.

They could damage Jackson's confidence if they put him in before he's ready. His ability to evade a pass rush is obvious as is his running ability but until I see him completing a higher percentage of his passes, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. If Joe goes down for the year then I could see using him after week 10 or so. Maybe.

They could damage Jackson's confidence if they put him in before he's ready. His ability to evade a pass rush is obvious as is his running ability but until I see him completing a higher percentage of his passes, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. If Joe goes down for the year then I could see using him after week 10 or so. Maybe.

Basicaly agree Except I would do it later. Billick made Boller worse. Would he have ever been really good? Probably not but Billick made him a panicky mess.

Well we'll know more by the end of the pre-season. If Jackson is still erratic on his passes and Grif stays accurate they should keep 3, IF they really do believe they've got a realistic chance of getting to the playoffs this year.

Hey, I am not saying he will or will not be a franchise qb, only that he is at least a year away.

Many qb's have come out of college with accuracy, footwork issues and been fine. Many have learned to read defenses. He might, I hope he does he is a good young man and with his escapability it would be great.

Steve Young took quite a few years and only then learned from a hall of fame coach and backed up a hall of fame qb before "he got it".

I disagree. They should carry three quarterbacks. RG had a tough first half because the line was unable to hold off the pass rush. Jackson had his 'breakout' game against the Dolphins' rookie team. If Joe goes down it will be a long year without an experienced quarterback.

I agree the O-line is hurting for good backups but can you imagine what the less mobile Flacco would have done if he had played? He wouldn't have been able to do much of anything because he's less mobile.

Ozzie has to find some backup lineman on offense. And until they get a decent line they need to keep Griffin as the backup qb.

RG had time and had open receivers yet could not be accurate. He misread several defenses, making the wrong reads. Yes, the line stunk last night, but he still could have made some good throws.

The rook would have done the same thing if not more because he is more maneuverable than RG was, is.

There are no more linemen that are free agents worth taking. Ozzie screwed the past five drafts for linemen, thus what we have today.

Even Zeus jr is terrible, he missed blocks, couldn't stay on blocks he even takled his own runningback while trying to find someone to block on the 2nd level.

Saragusa is horrible, the English dude, Elama what ever, is very bad and don't get me started on the center who can't shot gun snap consistantly.....

I disagree. They should carry three quarterbacks. RG had a tough first half because the line was unable to hold off the pass rush. Jackson had his 'breakout' game against the Dolphins' rookie team. If Joe goes down it will be a long year without an experienced quarterback.

I agree the O-line is hurting for good backups but can you imagine what the less mobile Flacco would have done if he had played? He wouldn't have been able to do much of anything because he's less mobile.

Ozzie has to find some backup lineman on offense. And until they get a decent line they need to keep Griffin as the backup qb.

Not a whole lot you can do about the OL now. I have always seen that as the achiles fpr the team.

RG had time and had open receivers yet could not be accurate. He misread several defenses, making the wrong reads. Yes, the line stunk last night, but he still could have made some good throws.

The rook would have done the same thing if not more because he is more maneuverable than RG was, is.

There are no more linemen that are free agents worth taking. Ozzie screwed the past five drafts for linemen, thus what we have today.

Even Zeus jr is terrible, he missed blocks, couldn't stay on blocks he even takled his own runningback while trying to find someone to block on the 2nd level.

Saragusa is horrible, the English dude, Elama what ever, is very bad and don't get me started on the center who can't shot gun snap consistantly.....

I don't think Goose 2.0 will ever bounce back. Having your whole knee shredded is pretty much death to an NFL career. Dex proved that to me.

Yes Jackson is more maneuverable than either Joe or RG and he will continue to be----until he gets his first injury by running into and over tacklers.

The OL needs help. I wasn't suggesting that Ozzie go get a free agent now but more towards looking to one who might get cut from some other teams for either cap savings or a roster numbers game. It's not likely but it is possible. The best we can do is hope to get some experienced backups. The O-line will be OK when Stanley and Yanda are back. Not great but OK.