ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Last nights game

varaven45

Finally arrived back home after thawing out all day ? Man it was cold last night (like our offense).

Awesome seats in Section 111 near jumbotron. Amazing crowd and electic atmosphere all night. The 12th man was stout !

Great finally hooking up with fellow poster Max and buddy last night.

Max, we got to do something about Cam. Everyone in my section was bitching and moaning about him all night.

It wont happen till the season is over, but do you see the FO and /or Harbs really parting ways with Cam. It just seems the game has passed him by. He doesnt run effectively or at all. Doesnt or cannot use Rice. Our OL is all discombobulated and lacks physicality from years past. I am afraid Joe isnt going to elevate his game under Cam.

Meanwhile, If I am Cam, I am winging it and saying "cut it loose Joe"! "If you threw a damn pick or two, fine !" Take the damn reins son and lead this offense".

We had last night's game in the bag and 1 more TD, at any point in the game, would have sealed it the win. This one was on the O.

I dont know why everyone is so certain that a change at OC would improve things.

Cam had pretty good success as an OC in SD.

Did he suddenly forget how to do the job? Or did he suck there too but the talent was high enough to overcome it?

Is his game plan different and conservative because of certain weaknesses on this team?

Is his game plan different because of Harbaugh? If so replacing him might not help.

I'd like to be optimistic enough to think that if we replaced him then the offense and Joe would automatically be better. A lot of people, including me, thought the same thing with Cavanaugh, Fassell, Billick etc too.

Color me silly if you want, but I do think the on field talent is more important the the offensive coordinator so if the offense isn't getting it done on the field then at least some of the, if not most, is on the players.

Guest BallTMore

Cam had success in SD, but imo, the Chargers offense looked a lot more explosive after he left for Miami.

Remember the Ravens-Chargers game in 06? Chargers looking unstoppable in the first half, then shutting in down in the second trying to protect a slim lead? Sound familuar? Cam did the same in the playoffs, most blamed it on Marty-ball.

I don't think Cam is completely to blame, but I think he is part of the problem.

Cam had success in SD, but imo, the Chargers offense looked a lot more explosive after he left for Miami.

Remember the Ravens-Chargers game in 06? Chargers looking unstoppable in the first half, then shutting in down in the second trying to protect a slim lead? Sound familuar? Cam did the same in the playoffs, most blamed it on Marty-ball.

I don't think Cam is completely to blame, but I think he is part of the problem.

He did have Tomlinson in his prime too, who was great. I thought of that after I posted it.

I don't think Cam's the problem and don't want to lose him. He may be part of the problem with being overly protective of any kind of lead.

I'll blame Cam for calling a pass on 2nd and 5 with the ball at the Ravens 43. 2 more runs would have eaten clock and Steeler time outs. If no 1st down then a punt and the Steelers have to go 80+ yards for the game winning TD...something they couldn't do all night.

I'd look at John Matsko and Andy Moeller before Cameron. They may be doing a great job but it starts and ends with the line.

It's Flacco too...he's needs better movement in the pocket, better pocket awareness and still can't read the whole field. Cam knows this and is trying to work with this limitation.

I don't believe that Flacco can't read the field. Look at the TD pass to Boldin, he worked that very well, also rolled out to by himself time. He also is developing some great touch throwing over the middle, something he could not do very well to start this year.

Handcuffs off, Ints are going to happen yes, but with this WR corp, we'll more than make up for it! Let's go for it, why keep winning ugly just to be a first round exit in the playoffs! We need to make some late season adjustments, and we can make this happen! No time like the present!

I don't believe that Flacco can't read the field. Look at the TD pass to Boldin, he worked that very well, also rolled out to by himself time. He also is developing some great touch throwing over the middle, something he could not do very well to start this year.

Handcuffs off, Ints are going to happen yes, but with this WR corp, we'll more than make up for it! Let's go for it, why keep winning ugly just to be a first round exit in the playoffs! We need to make some late season adjustments, and we can make this happen! No time like the present!

That was a great play and it pleased me a lot. I am not sure he could have done that 6 weeks ago.

I still think reading the field and defense is a weakness for him and think he relies on dumping the ball off the his RB far too much. But he is improving. Reading a defense and changing the play at the line? I dont think he can at this point.

I really do think those things are why we have such a simple and conservative offense, in order to hide Joe's weaknesses.

But I agree, open it up and see what happens. Hopefully he learns from mistakes and we and he are better for it sometime next year.

To anyone who is interested there is an insider over on the OH Ravens board who says Cam offered to resign on Monday after the game. The guy is legit, he has broken many stories before (he broke the Boldin trade a couple of hours prior). He said Cam was probably emotional when he did it, but he made the offer regardless. The same guy is saying that this is without a doubt Cam's last season in Baltimore and a lot of people are frustrated with him. Apparently Flacco is under strict order not to change the play at the line and a lot of guys on offense are very angry about this. Willis McGahee nearly said as much on his radio show the other day.

To anyone who is interested there is an insider over on the OH Ravens board who says Cam offered to resign on Monday after the game. The guy is legit, he has broken many stories before (he broke the Boldin trade a couple of hours prior). He said Cam was probably emotional when he did it, but he made the offer regardless. The same guy is saying that this is without a doubt Cam's last season in Baltimore and a lot of people are frustrated with him. Apparently Flacco is under strict order not to change the play at the line and a lot of guys on offense are very angry about this. Willis McGahee nearly said as much on his radio show the other day.

If indeed its true that Flacco is under orders not to audible and the offense is ticked off about it, then I presume they feel Flacco has the knowledge of what to do but isn't allowed to. If that is true, Cam needs to change that immediately and start spending more time with Joe developing the game plan. On the other hand, maybe it means Joe doesn't possess the ability to know what to do---THAT would be even more disturbing. My guess is that its the former but its hard for an outsider to really know.

I don't want Cam to go. He took an offense that was the laughing stock of the league and improved it to the point where we are seldom out of a game. Used to be if you put 17 on us, we were done. Harbaugh just needs to give Cam the go ahead to give the offense a little more gas. And he definitely needs to let Flacco change the plays if he sees something - that's bullshit if it's true.

Is that from Aaron Wilson?

God dam it, we are 8-4 not 2-10 like another team in our division..

Jeesus, we ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS? isnt that the goal of every NFL team in August? Get into the playoffs and take it from there...

The frustration lies in the fact that they have not shown growth and improvement, even though their talent has improved, and their young QB is getting experience.

On the Polamalu strip: Suggs says the Steelers pulled that same stunt in '08 when Flacco was a rookie, and he could see it coming a mile away. He wondered aloud "have we learned nothing?" I think that is every fan's feeling coming off this loss.

The entire game was reminiscent of that 13-9 game in 2008 where we dominated the whole game and the Steelers won in the last minute. People want more than that. They want more than a Wild-card entry and a one or two and done scenario. Been there, done that. Winning this game would have a big sign of progress because (A) we would have swept our thorn in the side archrivals for the first time in a long time and (B) we would have won the division for the first time in a long time and © we would have the inside track for a first round bye for the first time in a long time.

We've also been a division winner in 06, held the Colts to ZERO TD's and lost..I dont care how we get there, just get me there..Am I frustrated? to an extent, but then I look at the entire performance of the team, and theres something missing, Gaither....Our rushing game is ranked 31st in the NFL..

The frustration lies in the fact that they have not shown growth and improvement, even though their talent has improved, and their young QB is getting experience.

On the Polamalu strip: Suggs says the Steelers pulled that same stunt in '08 when Flacco was a rookie, and he could see it coming a mile away. He wondered aloud "have we learned nothing?" I think that is every fan's feeling coming off this loss.

The entire game was reminiscent of that 13-9 game in 2008 where we dominated the whole game and the Steelers won in the last minute. People want more than that. They want more than a Wild-card entry and a one or two and done scenario. Been there, done that. Winning this game would have a big sign of progress because (A) we would have swept our thorn in the side archrivals for the first time in a long time and (B) we would have won the division for the first time in a long time and © we would have the inside track for a first round bye for the first time in a long time.

Nailed it! We want more. I see both sides of the arguement here, on one hand, going to playoffs consistently greatly increases a team's chance of getting to the Super Bowl. On the other hand, CMON MAN, let's learn and improve! Is this really our ceiling? Has this team really not learned from the past? Do we really need to back into the playoffs and hope that we don't have to play certain teams to get there?

My money, I don't want to back in. I wanna play Inday and Pitt on the way to the Super Bowl. I wanna beat em! Yeah I wanna be in the playoffs every year, but I wanna see some damn improvement. Some change, let's get this dog and pony show goin!