ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mike Preston Gets It Right

oldno82

Mike Preston, columnist: It's hard to believe that the most dependable weapon on the team in recent years missed an extra point. Knowing Justin Tucker, he will rebound will and might not miss anything for the rest of the season. As for the loss, it will be demoralizing but learned that the Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL. When a defense can hold Drew Brees and the Saints down like the Ravens did they showed they can complete and beat any team. It was a gutsy effort by the Ravens but just not enough. There are no moral victories in the NFL, but this is about as close as a team can get, especially one that hasn't been to the playoffs in the past couple of years.

Do you ever get one of those moments when watching a game that you know something bad is about to happen? The commentators kept bringing it up during the game that JT was the only kicker to not have missed an extra point since the change. Everytime they said it, I knew it was only a matter of time and it couldn't have come at a worse time. To make it worse, it actually looked like he nailed the kick. I don't think JT believed he had missed when he made contact and the contact looked good. Just one of those, it wasn't to be moments that come along now and again.

That uneasy feeling had me wanting to go for 2. I wanted no part of Brees in overtime. It looked like the D was getting tired and the Saints had a few long scoring drives in the 2nd half to gas the D.

Yep, I was listening to the game on Sirius and heard the game tying score (minus PAT) as I'm approaching Ches Bay Bridge Tunnel in Cape Charles Va.

As we approach the tunnel, Tucker is lining up to kick the PAT and then we enter the tunnel and lose our signal for about 2-3 minutes.

Upon exiting the tunnel and regaining our signal, we quickly hear the broadcast team (almost in dead silence) announce Tucker's unbelievable misfire.

I'm like you, I had an uneasy feeling with the wind on Sunday. Also, I'm not so sure we win that game in OT with Brees at the helm.

Looking back, and hindsight being 20/20, that game shouldn't have come down to the final series. Our offense needs to keep its foot on the throttle against all teams (not just NO).

The problem is and has been, we don't have a substantial enough running attack to sustain long drives and/or diversify the O . We haven't had that since the Ray Rice and even more so Jamal Lewis days.

Without that running attack and w/Joe at the helm, we are a slightly above average offense but with a good to very good defense.

This all translates to .500 team w plus or minus a victory. In other words, we are stuck at 7-9 to 9-7 campaigns until we get that power running game or a dynamic QB (see Mahomes).

I think it's both.....and Morningweg.

The run blocking scheme does not suit the running style of Collins.

Also it looks like they are trying to develop an offense for Lamar. Maybe this is too much for a patched up line that changes week to week.

Well, I don't know about the run blocking schemes. I think Collins could be a success if he just had a hole or seam to run to.

But, I do agree that they seem to be building an offense for Jackson. And I don't think that's going to work in the short or long run. It's a shame they couldn't have snatched up a pocket quarterback. I get the feeling they may want to move on from Joe this off-season and as of right now, I can't get behind that plan.

They put all their chips on Collins and Dixon...Collins has been a disappointment

Collins has been pretty damned good. When he is being met by tacklers 2 yds behind the LOS and still manages to get a few yds I think he is pulling his weight. I was never enomored by Dixon. He was OK.

Yep, I was listening to the game on Sirius and heard the game tying score (minus PAT) as I'm approaching Ches Bay Bridge Tunnel in Cape Charles Va.

As we approach the tunnel, Tucker is lining up to kick the PAT and then we enter the tunnel and lose our signal for about 2-3 minutes.

Upon exiting the tunnel and regaining our signal, we quickly hear the broadcast team (almost in dead silence) announce Tucker's unbelievable misfire.

I'm like you, I had an uneasy feeling with the wind on Sunday. Also, I'm not so sure we win that game in OT with Brees at the helm.

Looking back, and hindsight being 20/20, that game shouldn't have come down to the final series. Our offense needs to keep its foot on the throttle against all teams (not just NO).

The problem is and has been, we don't have a substantial enough running attack to sustain long drives and/or diversify the O . We haven't had that since the Ray Rice and even more so Jamal Lewis days.

Without that running attack and w/Joe at the helm, we are a slightly above average offense but with a good to very good defense.

This all translates to .500 team w plus or minus a victory. In other words, we are stuck at 7-9 to 9-7 campaigns until we get that power running game or a dynamic QB (see Mahomes).

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Yep. Its the RB or OL, or both. Either way, its not enough. Too bad we didn't snag Saquon Barkley.

It was too much of a reach but would have loved to have that guy. Then I woke up !

I think its the OL. They are not that good. Yanda is old and lost a step. Right now they are plugging in dudes who may or may not have it.

Barkley would not have helped this team. He has not helped NY.

I think it's both.....and Morningweg.

The run blocking scheme does not suit the running style of Collins.

Also it looks like they are trying to develop an offense for Lamar. Maybe this is too much for a patched up line that changes week to week.

Marty is a real problem. But as long as you are friends of John you have a job.

Well, I don't know about the run blocking schemes. I think Collins could be a success if he just had a hole or seam to run to.

But, I do agree that they seem to be building an offense for Jackson. And I don't think that's going to work in the short or long run. It's a shame they couldn't have snatched up a pocket quarterback. I get the feeling they may want to move on from Joe this off-season and as of right now, I can't get behind that plan.

Run the blocking to help Collins and he could be amazing. The way it was designed for Priest in KC.