ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Another Hurdle

vmax

The Ravens don't win the close games.

This explains why we're nervous wrecks in the 4th quarter.

Over the past two seasons, Baltimore has gone 0-6 in games decided by six points or less. Every other team has won at least two such games in that span......when it comes to crunch time, one facet of the team flinches. It seems to occur at the worst times.....Flacco hasn't thrown a winning touchdown pass in the final two minutes of a game since December 2013 against the Minnesota Vikings. Tucker hasn't had a winning kick since Week 3 of 2016 in Jacksonville.....Under Harbaugh, the Ravens are 32-42 (.432) in games decided by less than a touchdown. Only the Cleveland Browns have lost more close games (44).......http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/46867/ravens-have-gone-674-days-since-winning-their-last-close-game

Add this to the long list of things the Ravens need to do to be legit contenders. Win in the division, win on the road, defeat teams with winning records, defeat playoff caliber teams.....

They can do 2 of those items by beating the Panthers in Carolina Sunday.

It often appears to me that the team runs out of gas in the 4th quarter, especially the defense. That could be because the offense can't keep the defense off the field enough. Or it may be a conditioning issue.

As for Carolina, my gut says we'll win but my head says no.

Oldno82, agreed on Carolina. My head says Panthers will be sky high after 17 pt comeback win in Philly. My head also says we'll play w/ a hangover after what could have been.

We'll meet the Steelers the following next Sunday at 4-4 and in desperation mode. The Steelers will be 4-2 -1 after this Sunday's *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** W at home vs Browns.

Lots to overcome but a team w character and toughness figures it out and wins. No excuses and no more talk - (last week's team chasing history, best D in league stuff);

just figure out how to win.

Can they? Sure. Will they ? I don't know We 'll know just a bit more about this team - its toughness, character and sense of urgency - late Sunday afternoon.

Oldno82, agreed on Carolina. My head says Panthers will be sky high after 17 pt comeback win in Philly. My head also says we'll play w/ a hangover after what could have been.

We'll meet the Steelers the following next Sunday at 4-4 and in desperation mode. The Steelers will be 4-2 -1 after this Sunday's *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** W at home vs Browns.

Lots to overcome but a team w character and toughness figures it out and wins. No excuses and no more talk - (last week's team chasing history, best D in league stuff);

Can they? Sure. Will they ? I don't know We 'll know just a bit more about this team - its toughness, character and sense of urgency - late Sunday afternoon.

But that is all he has left.

You hit the nail on the head. The hangover will be a big problem and they need to be fired up vs. Carolina.

I think we'll have a good chance against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. I don't think either of those teams is really better overall than we are. And the hangover will be gone by then.