Red hot Seat

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

Who that?

#62 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

I'd keep Yanda around for one more year. His play has stepped up recently and he looks more like the Yanda we know.

Everybody else can go in my opinion.

Eric Weddle: “You can’t just chalk it up to being ‘one bad game.’ It’s serious. We can’t play like that.”

#63 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,881 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:48 AM

Losers of three straight games, the Ravens (4-5) are no longer facing a make-or-break point for their season. Sunday's game has the power to change the direction of one of the most stable franchises in the NFL..Losing to the Bengals could eventually lead to the Ravens' third major rebuild in franchise history. In 2002, the Ravens underwent a salary-cap purge by releasing 10 players, including two future Hall of Famers (safety Rod Woodson and tight end Shannon Sharpe). In 2013, Baltimore became the first reigning Super Bowl champion to part ways with eight starters, including linebacker Ray Lewis, safety Ed Reed and wide receiver Anquan Boldin......This offseason, the Ravens can create $46.4 million in cap space for new general manager Eric DeCosta, who replaces Ozzie Newsome. Seven of Baltimore's eight highest salary-cap numbers are held by players 30 or older: Flacco ($10.5 cap savings), cornerbacks Jimmy Smith ($9.5 million) and Brandon Carr ($5 million), guard Marshal Yanda ($7 million), safety Eric Weddle ($6.5 million), wide receiver Michael Crabtree ($4.6 million) and safety Tony Jefferson ($3.3 million). That doesn't include moving on from Suggs, who is in the final year of his contract............http://www.espn.com/...nt-as-franchise

Nice article by Hensley...........Rebound or rebuild: Ravens face breaking point as franchis

"Quarterbacks don't run forever in the NFL," Marvin 'Sour Grapes' Lewis said after his team's 24-21 loss in Baltimore. "Sooner or later, they get hurt, and they don't run the same.

#64 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:11 AM

Preston said it this morning...whoever loses this weekend, their season is done.

#65 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

Agree wholeheartedly. And there are no excuses or exceptions, regardless of what Harbaigh says. No ands if or buts, the team who wants this game the most will be victorious. And the loser can start preparing for 2019 +

#66 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

https://ebonybird.co...-john-harbaugh/

Would Mike McCarthy be a good replacement for John Harbaugh?

Ah hell no.

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

#67 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,881 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

Got to love Harbaugh's approach and attitude about all this outside speculation....

The hot seat has never sizzled more during Harbaugh's 11-year run in Baltimore. Harbaugh, though, has never been more calm, cool and comedic....Asked if he told his players that they entered last year's bye at 4-5 and ended up controlling their playoff destiny, Harbaugh said, "I might have mentioned it -- I might not have. I can’t remember. I was on a roll with the guys! I was on a roll. What’s the scene from ‘Animal House?’ Remember? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ‘Leave him alone, he’s on a roll.’..."It’s just noise. It doesn’t matter. It means nothing," Harbaugh said of reports about his pending end in Baltimore. "It’s not something that I’m going to think about or concern myself with. Neither are the players, neither is Steve [Bisciotti, team owner], neither is Kevin [Byrne, executive vice president of public & community relations] or Ozzie [Newsome, general manager,] or anybody else. You know what we want to do as an organization? We want to win -- that’s what we want to do. We want to win. We’re fighting as hard as we can -- coaches, players –- as an organization to win. That’s it. All the other stuff -- who cares?"...http://www.espn.com/...ng-the-pressure

"Quarterbacks don't run forever in the NFL," Marvin 'Sour Grapes' Lewis said after his team's 24-21 loss in Baltimore. "Sooner or later, they get hurt, and they don't run the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users