ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens In AFC Wild Card Hunt

vmax

On the road? I think the Ravens have a decent chance to beat the Falcons. I see losses to the Chiefs and Chargers.

I don't want to over look the Browns and Raiders because the Ravens could easily loose those games if they fail to show up, fail to play fundamentally sound football and fail to avoid turning the ball over.

I think turnovers will be critical for this final stretch run. The D has to generate them and the offense has to avoid them. Lamar's a rookie with pressure on him to throw the ball and we don't know how this will turn out.

rams-ravens-football-ac6f1925dee4f8a2.jp20180919__20TCSBroncosSider~1_500.jpg

9-7.

Will that be enough to get in?

Baltimore Ravens

Schedule: vs. Raiders, at Falcons, at Chiefs, vs. Buccaneers, at Chargers, vs. Browns

FPI chance to make the playoffs: 41.0 percent

X factor: Starting quarterback. For the first time in 11 years, there is uncertainty about who will play under center in meaningful games. Do the Ravens go with the experienced but banged-up Joe Flacco or rookie playmaker Lamar Jackson? Flacco is expected to miss Sunday's game against the Raiders because of a right hip injury, but Baltimore will have to make a decision at quarterback for the final five regular-season games. "I’m not getting into any of that," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said when asked about the quarterback situation going forward.

Playoff outlook: The Ravens are likely going to need to win once or twice in their final three road games, and recent history suggests it's not going to happen. They have to travel to play the Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Chargers. Since 2015, Baltimore has won once on the road in December (at the Browns last season). -- Jamison Hensley....http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/287770/afc-wild-card-hunt-ravens-colts-have-inside-track-to-final-spot
Edited by vmax

That's the big downside to making the playoffs. The team needs a major rebuild and needs to shed some contracts. The only way to postpone it is they make a deep playoff run with what they've got.

It will be interesting to see if Lamar gets players playing better all around. Wouldn't that be something?

I don't want to see a major rebuild.

Look at Oakland. That's what they are going through with no signs that it will work.

It would be too hard going to the stadium Sunday's.

Instead, simply cut and replace the ageing vets and dead wood.

No, they are not. In the present teams never know how far they can go. Like the narcissist you are you assume you know exactly what will happen.

Also interesting, weren't you the idiot that said winning the 2nd super bowl was the worst thing that ever happened to the Ravens?

Yeah, you're pretty fucking stupid.

Spen and Max both make good points. How much pain would the fans endure before it turned around? And what's to say they just wind up like the Browns used to be: weak every year for a decade? I don't think the fans would give the team that long to return to being a contender.

But some type of creative rebuilding is necessary. I don't pretend to know how to achieve that but it is possible. The Pats and Steelers are good at it.

Here's a sobering comment from Preston and there is a lot of truth to it.

There would certainly be more optimism if the Ravens had won in a blowout, but they always just do enough to survive, stay in contention and then blow it at the end of the season.

We’ve seen this before.

Yes. We have seen this before.

Nevertheless is was a fun game to watch and a good time at the game Sunday. Now comes the big test. The Steelers lost, Bengals lost and the Ravens are on to Atlanta where they have a chance to win against better competition.

Spen and Max both make good points. How much pain would the fans endure before it turned around? And what's to say they just wind up like the Browns used to be: weak every year for a decade? I don't think the fans would give the team that long to return to being a contender.

But some type of creative rebuilding is necessary. I don't pretend to know how to achieve that but it is possible. The Pats and Steelers are good at it.

I do think some sort of rebuild is necessary. And I think it will happen. Even with that likelihood I still think as long as you are alive you try to go as far as you can. You never know how far you can go, who will get hot etc. Also good franchises tend to make the playoffs - it's important to do so.

Some people are just idiots and think they know everything that will happen, then later usually publically pat themselves on the back claiming they knew it all along. One of the same idiots said unless you have a real shot at a championship then wins are meaningless yet also said the super bowl win was a bad thing.

Quite the idiot. And quite a child with the constant 'i told you' shit.

Papa you are not making sense.

I feel so lucky to have lived to see 2 Super Bowl Champions in Baltimore. I don't care what the cost was. And the cost has been high. The NFL has been raiding our coaching staff, scouts and players for 17 years and the Ravens are paying dues for that.

It is so rare for most NFL fans to see their teams do this and some never have. It's easy to go decades as a fan and not see your favorite team sniff it.

Winning a Super Bowl is a good thing.

:bow:

Steelers: AFC North Winner Isn’t Decided Yet

Ben Roethlisberger’s late-game interception Sunday was the Steelers’ final mistake in a 24-17 loss to the Denver Broncos. Four costly turnovers by the Steelers, including two near the goal line, negated more than 500 yards of total offense.

The Steelers (7-3-1) still have a cushion over the Ravens (6-5) in the AFC North. But that cushion would shrink if Pittsburgh loses at home next week to the Los Angeles Chargers (8-3), and if the Ravens win in Atlanta against the Falcons (4-7).

Pittsburgh has a difficult December schedule facing three of the NFL’s best teams – the Chargers, New England Patriots (8-3) and New Orleans Saints (10-1). The Steelers had won six straight before Sunday’s loss, but they needed a miraculous comeback to beat the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 11, and Pittsburgh made too many miscues to beat Denver on Sunday.

The Steelers are not playing as well as they were two weeks ago. The Ravens have a two-game winning streak. Is the division race about to get interesting? The answer to that question will be clearer after next weekend....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/around-the-afc-north-are-steelers-catchable-after-loss-in-denver:thumbup:

Papa you are not making sense.

I feel so lucky to have lived to see 2 Super Bowl Champions in Baltimore. I don't care what the cost was. And the cost has been high. The NFL has been raiding our coaching staff, scouts and players for 17 years and the Ravens are paying dues for that.

It is so rare for most NFL fans to see their teams do this and some never have. It's easy to go decades as a fan and not see your favorite team sniff it.

Max, dont you mean 3 SBs in Bmore ?