ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Let's argue some more

vmax

Come and get me, but one of the hardest things that I've had to consider this season is "Should the Ravens and Harbaugh part ways?"

I know there are quite a few fans here that want to see him go.

I want him to stay.

I was looking at coaches who are on the hot seat and likely to get fired. At one time, they were all the Flavor of the Month." Hot rising stars. now, a year, 2 or 3 later they are Duds.

I say "Buyer Beware."

Ravens are dangerous playoff contender by putting foot on gas ATLANTA -- Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens have formed the most dominant rushing attack in the NFL. The Ravens top the league in both fewest yards and points allowed.

Baltimore is also second-to-none when it comes to being aggressive. Case in point: the attack-mode mentality on offense, defense and special teams in the 26-16 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday...From a fake punt to an all-out blitz to a fourth-down gamble, the Ravens are playing like they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Who can really blame this team? It was three weeks ago during the bye, when John Harbaugh was fielding questions about his job security and the Ravens' season was being written off after Joe Flacco was spotted walking with crutches.

Embracing the must-win mantra, the Ravens (7-5) have won three straight games to become a legitimate and dangerous playoff contender. Baltimore trails the Pittsburgh Steelers (7-4-1) by just a half-game for first place in the AFC North and holds a one-game lead for the sixth and final playoff spot in the AFC......http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/47583/ravens-are-dangerous-playoff-contender-by-putting-foot-on-gas

i can back up why I support the Ravens holding on to John.

He's a good coach, probably really good. By the law of averages the next hire probably won't be as good.

Lack of talent at key positions are more of a problem than coaching. If they finish at least 9-7 I bring him back but I bet they don't unless they make the playoffs.

He's a good coach, probably really good. By the law of averages the next hire probably won't be as good.

Lack of talent at key positions are more of a problem than coaching. If they finish at least 9-7 I bring him back but I bet they don't unless they make the playoffs.

Hiring a coach is not like rolling dice. You hire a competent person who can do the job.

So say he hits 9-7 and they bring him back. I think a 3 yr extension would be needed to retain the assistants. Are you confident this is not a blip of a handfull of games?

If the Ravens win 9 games with the tough schedule they've had, I'd bring Harbaugh back. But, I strongly believe that the FO needs to get its shit together. In their defense I will say they had a strong draft class this year so maybe they are improving.

I think he has gotten the most out of the rosters that he was given. He always seems upbeat and focused and committed to getting the most out of his players each week as the season progresses.

He's a great face of the franchise and spokesman.

He's a proven leader.

He now has 10 years of HC experience which is huge.

He's climbed to the top of the mountain...something few....very few have done.

He's heavily battle tested and in his prime.

This season he's in the middle of a 180 change in the teams identity and focus. He's building a better mouse trap with the pieces that he has. He should continue the rebuild and transition into next year and beyond.It's a new era in the NFL and the Ravens could be riding the big wave.\

He's genuine.

I think he has gotten the most out of the rosters that he was given. He always seems upbeat and focused and committed to getting the most out of his players each week as the season progresses.

He's a great face of the franchise and spokesman.

He's a proven leader.

He now has 10 years of HC experience which is huge.

He's climbed to the top of the mountain...something few....very few have done.

He's heavily battle tested and in his prime.

This season he's in the middle of a 180 change in the teams identity and focus. He's building a better mouse trap with the pieces that he has. He should continue the rebuild and transition into next year and beyond.It's a new era in the NFL and the Ravens could be riding the big wave.\

He's genuine.

He leads them to bad tame mang. He leads them to poor in game situations. I don't care if he is a happy camper. Ignorance is bliss.

Most of the coaches in the NFL are mediocre so being up high in them is not saying much. I don't have him top 10 either.

I like Harbs but the statistics say he produces average results. His win totals for the last 6 seasons are 8, 10, 5, 8, 9, and 7. If they don't win out that's only one season with double digit victories in 7 years. We can do better.

His loyalty to poorly performing coaches have hurt this team (Dean Pees, Juan Castillo). Dean Pees especially should have been let go 2 years before he was forced to leave. I also don't think he's absolved of blame when it comes to the performance of his players - he clearly has a say in the personnel being drafted and how much of it falls on him for failing to develop the players? If they miss the playoffs this year I don't see how you bring him back. With the talent on this team and the way the D is performing this should be a 11 - 12 win team. Part of the problem is leaving after this season (Flacco) so the question is who do you trust to handle Lamar Jackson's development? I gotta think there are better options out there than Harbaugh.

I like Harbs but the statistics say he produces average results. His win totals for the last 6 seasons are 8, 10, 5, 8, 9, and 7. If they don't win out that's only one season with double digit victories in 7 years. We can do better.

His loyalty to poorly performing coaches have hurt this team (Dean Pees, Juan Castillo). Dean Pees especially should have been let go 2 years before he was forced to leave. I also don't think he's absolved of blame when it comes to the performance of his players - he clearly has a say in the personnel being drafted and how much of it falls on him for failing to develop the players? If they miss the playoffs this year I don't see how you bring him back. With the talent on this team and the way the D is performing this should be a 11 - 12 win team. Part of the problem is leaving after this season (Flacco) so the question is who do you trust to handle Lamar Jackson's development? I gotta think there are better options out there than Harbaugh.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think that he's learned from his mistakes and continued to develop as a HC.

He weathered the losses of Ed Reed and Lewis. Then the 3 years of injuries to key players. Then the poor drafts and free agent acquisitions. All HC's and many teams face situations like this. Many fall apart.

Now he's embraced the change to a Lamar Jackson style offense and a winning team formula for the personnel that he has.

And he has not lost this team. They are playing their hearts out and believe in themselves. Everybody is tight and on the same page from coaches to players.

it's a new era and the Ravens are ahead of the curve.

Look at what's quietly happen with the Seahawks. Pounding the rock and solid Defense is not dead. They ran for 241 yards last night. Wilson had 61 of them.

There are few good defenses in the NFL right now and that is part of the reason for all these high scoring offenses to be running wild this season. look what the Bears did to the Rams. Ravens to Chiefs.

Harbaugh and DeCosta are on to something.

Cook it in the off season, develop it in camp and reveal it opening day.