ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lamar backup/mentor

varaven45

Its a tad early but with Joe's certain departure, I'm wondering who we get to backup Lamar next year.

I really like Philly's Nick Foles. He's a SB winning QB, throws a nice ball, and could be a good mentor.

Dont know he's available but will need someone. We need a pocket passer (not RG III) to mentor Lamar.

RG3 is the perfect mentor/backup. I dont know why you need a pocket passer. I think it makes more sense to have someone with a similar style to your QB1 - RG3 gives you that and is a decent passer as well. Foles for some reason plays out of his mind in a philly uniform but didnt play as well when he left to go to the Rams. At any rate I think someone is going to give him another chance to start

I feel fairly certain RG3 will be the back up next season. It makes too much sense.

DeCosta needs to get a guru QB coach who can guarantee that Lamar develops solid throwing mechanics. They need to teach him how to read defenses.

Lamars attitude and work ethic insures that he will be an outstanding pupil. He'll grind like hell on it until he masters it. That could take 2 years.

Rumor has it that Decosta was interviewing these 2 for mentors for Lamar....

img_4142-1.jpg