ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Chargers

vmax

53O3MEZ7RNB2TLX7WBYXJHBJP4.jpg

OK...Here's the mountain....

1) The Chargers are currently the most complete team in the NFL.

This is absolutely true. And we all saw the best proof yet last Thursday night, in Los Angeles' pulsating comeback win over the Chiefs in Arrowhead. The Chargers (11-3) can win any style of fight -- anywhere. That last bit is crucial, especially if L.A. doesn't end up with home-field advantage in the playoffs. The Bolts are 6-1 on the road. In just the past three weeks, they've erased major second-half deficits to win at Pittsburgh and Kansas City. This team doesn't need the comfy confines of home to thrive. And let's be honest: The Chargers haven't had a true home game since they left San Diego.

At 37 years old, Philip Rivers is arguably having the best year of his Hall of Fame career. He was majestic in that fourth-quarter rally last Thursday, particularly on the game-winning drive. The fact that he did that without Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon cannot be overlooked. Los Angeles' passing attack is explosive, with Mike Williams emerging as a real weapon opposite Allen. The backfield is loaded when everyone's healthy: a three-headed monster of Melvin Gordon, Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson is quite an enticing proposal. And the line is solid. Defensively, the Chargers make plays and get to the quarterback. Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram and Derwin James are high-impact players. Lastly, the special teams have been consistent this year -- no small development for this snake-bitten franchise. These Chargers have a totally different feel to them. And it's awesome.

The Saints are great. The Rams -- the other half of my preseason prediction of an all-L.A. Super Bowl -- are loaded, but they just struggled mightily in all three phases for the second straight week. And in the AFC, no team comes close to the Bolts in terms of well-roundedness.

Chargers: #6 offense. #10 defense in yards. Points: 28.2 scoring. 21.3 surrendering.

Ravens: #12 offense #1 defense. Points: scoring 24.4 surrendering 18.1.

Ravens #1 3rd down offense. Chargers 25th

Looks pretty even to me.

I say the Ravens will be party crashers Saturday night. :gorave:

HDQULVMBXRGG5EZP4IN2JBBUKA.jpg

Let the Ravens website - The Ravens went from #27 to #2 ranked rushing attack since Lamars first start. Teams know whats coming and still cant stop it. Does it translate against a top D? I think so.

We need our D to step up. We need that peek a boo pass rush to show itself this week. We need Humphrey to keep playing elite corner and we need Weddle to wrap up!

Keenan Allen questionable. Melvin Gordon is probably going to play.

The Los Angeles Chargers placed seven players in the Pro Bowl, including safety Derwin James, one of six rookies across the league to make the game.

James, a first-round draft choice, will be joined on the AFC squad by veteran quarterback Philip Rivers, wide receiver Keenan Allen, running back Melvin Gordon, defensive end Melvin Ingram, center Mike Pouncey and special-teamer Adrian Phillips for the game, which will be played Jan. 27 in Orlando. James and Phillips are the only starters, though.

So what!

The bigger they are, the harder they fall! :gorave:

Edited by vmax

It wasn't long ago that we were hearing the Ravens are the most balanced team in the NFL. Offense, defense and special teams. They are better since then.

We have a great match up. The Chargers are red hot, playing lights out. They were able to beat KC because the Ravens softened them up.... :fishin:

Bing Predicts 37% chance BAL wins ‧ 63% LAC wins :cryin1:

This will be the 12th meeting all-time between these teams -- Baltimore holds a 6-5 edge and has scored only five more points (231-226). Each of the past three meetings has been decided by a score in the final 90 seconds of regulation or overtime.

Since Lamar Jackson took over as the starting quarterback, Baltimore is 4-1 and averaging an NFL-best 230.4 rushing yards per game, nearly 70 yards more than any other team in that span (Buffalo, 164.5).

The Chargers have won 10 of their last 11 games, with each of their last three coming by five points or fewer. Last week was the first game in franchise history that they won after trailing by at least 14 points in the final five minutes. They were also the first to win such a game in regulation since the Colts in 2008.

The Chargers have turned the ball over just 12 times this season, second fewest in the NFL (Seattle, 10). Baltimore has only 11 takeaways this year, also second fewest in the NFL (San Francisco, 5).

Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards both went over 500 yards rushing last week, just the seventh rookie duo ever to accomplish that feat. They're only the third to do so in the past 40 years along with Cleveland's Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell in 2014 and Washington's Alfred Morris and Robert Griffin III in 2012.

Philip Rivers was sacked a season-high five times against the Chiefs last week and has been sacked multiple times in five straight games. That didn't happen once in his first nine games as he was sacked a total of just 12 times....https://www.bing.com/search?q=Los+Angeles+Chargers+vs+Baltimore+Ravens+Saturday%2c+December+22%2c+2018&FORM=S00035

Edited by vmax

This is better reading.... :gorave:

PREDICTION: The Chargers are at home, tied for the AFC’s best record and sitting on three extra days’ rest. They’re led by one of the league’s best quarterbacks in Rivers and also play solid defense. But look a little closer, and teams such as the Tennessee Titans and Denver Broncos have established a blueprint for playing well in Los Angeles using ball control and tight defense. The Ravens will use that formula to upset the Chargers, 23-21, and keep their playoff hopes alive....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-chargers-scouting-report-1222-story.html

...and probably much more true and accurate! :thumbup:

WOW!!!

That game was fantastic...and so much fun to watch.

Total defensive domination of a Chargers team that everybody was saying is the most complete team in the NFL. The Chargers had won 10 of their last 11.

First we had to watch the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons flounder away their game with the Titans. That put the Titans in as the 6th seed for....4 hours.

You had to be thinking the season could end tonight after the Titans won.

Not So! :gorave:

There is so much to talk about.

Last week I thought Humphrey was the player of the game. He was great tonight but I think Patrick Onwuasor had his break out game. He was everywhere. The Chargers get the ball back with a short field with 3 minutes left. down 6 points. For the last 3 years we've watched the Ravens give up so many last seconds score and lose. Yet tonight...!... :yeah: ....Onwuasor violently punches the ball our of Gates hands a split second before his knee hits the ground. Then Scoop and Score Young enters the picture. I'm watching this in slow motion disbelief waiting for a whistle...a flag...something to dash our hopes except this time it was for real. The Ravens D make the critical play. Suddenly it becomes a 2 score game.

The Humphry seals the deal with his int catch.

Tucker finally had his chance at the NFL record. That was exciting....but....let's hope he gets another one.

Lamar shows improvement every week and has really won me over. 101.3 QBR. 9.3 ypp. Lamar is very smart and I think he will be a serious force in the NFL. You can see his developmental progression. Tonight he threw more, ran less and when he ran it was because of pressure. He didn't panic and throw the costly interception like the Future HOF Rivers did. He was the better QB tonight.

This is a different team. Inspired, flying to the ball and once again we are seeing Ravens Football. It's been a long time.

My eyes are not burning.

My brain does not hurt.

Dare I say...I'm happy?! Definately for the Ravens.

Take some time and watch some of the videos of the players on the Ravens website. They are one group of loose, yet focused football players.

That game was great! Solid all around.

Disappointed with the lack of points in the beginning, but damn. Great stuff!

The lack of points in the first half had me really worried. Then the quick fumble in the 2nd half had me convinced the game was going to be lost. Glad I kept watching!