ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We are watching the #3 All Time Best Ravens D

vmax

And they could move up to #2 if this team makes the playoffs and does damage.

I have the 2000 D as #1 and do not expect to see a defense as dominant as that one again.

2006 was an incredible defense...just incredibly great.

This 2018 Ravens defense is #1 in points surrendered and #1 in yards and close to that in all the major categories except turnovers.....and those are starting to come.

APTOPIX_Ravens_Chargers_Football-e154553

It's not a unit of star play makers, yet it is a unit of men who have brought back the passion and swagger of great defensive play that we know. They swarm to the ball, they are relentless, disciplined and have fun hunting on Sundays.

a8d70172-1cb2-4516-8f42-289d398ef4b5-USA

Tight end Mark Andrews summed it up, saying: “I think you go back and look at that game on tape, and I’m excited to watch that, because our defense — that’s an ass-whooping. That’s plain and simple. And they do that to everybody, so they're incredible to watch.” :gorave:

It starts with Ozzie and those defensive drafts and FA acquisitions of the past few years. The winning formula is manifesting now. Defense does win. We are in an era of high scoring offenses and yet they are are coming back to reality when the face a real defense. Not the pretend ones that Parity has created.

Give Wink some credit. He inherited them, but didn't mess it up. He hit the switch to let these players exploded and perform at a high level. His defense takes everybody's strengths and makes the collective group of solid NFL players great. Everybody plays and a role.

There is luck too. The injury bug did not ruin what on paper looked to be a very solid unit. this unit is deep in talent thanks to Ozzie.

Defense travels and as a fan I love it, knowing that no matter where or who the Ravens play, they have a decent chance to win.

Finally, there's no reason for this defense to not play at the same level next year and that's exciting. :gorave:

Edited by vmax