ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Marty out, Roman in!

GrubberRaven

Well see. I do like the D sans the needs for a ballhawk S, roving LB and an elite pass rusher.

Offensively, gotta fix the OL, establish the speed run and pass game. Lamars the key. If he improves from an off-season, well be competitive again- just like this season. If not, we could struggle mightily and look up to Steelers and Browns. If that happens and Lamar doesnt get it - through a full year- we might as well start getting in line for the Clemson QB in 2021 or whenever. Btw - Id still like to pick up a Nick Foles type in this offseason for insurance. Having RG III as a backup is a slippery slope that I dont want any part of. If we do that, we might as well make a deposit now for the next Trevor Lawrence.

What do you not like about having RGIII as the backup qb?

Im not confident that he can help Lamar with his throwing mechanics and becoming a pocket passer. In short, I think well have 2 RG III s on the roster - one young, one old.

I may be wrong and hope I am but have watched too much footballl to convince me otherwise.

Long story short, without a pure pocket passer on the 2019 roster Im not feeling optimistic about this teams future direction.

Just my two cents ....

What do you think Mike?

Missed opportunity?

I wonder if the Ravens spoke with Gary Kubiak about coming to Baltimore before he recently became an assistant head coach/offensive adviser with the Minnesota Vikings.

He certainly has the credentials to work with and develop rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Im not confident that he can help Lamar with his throwing mechanics and becoming a pocket passer. In short, I think well have 2 RG III s on the roster - one young, one old.

I may be wrong and hope I am but have watched too much footballl to convince me otherwise.

Long story short, without a pure pocket passer on the 2019 roster Im not feeling optimistic about this teams future direction.

Just my two cents ....

I see your point. I guess I just figure Lamar will never be a good pocket passer and will always want to run it himself first. What worries me is having a pocket passer as a backup and running 2 completely different systems. However, and unfortunately, I think it's just a matter of time before Lamar gets an injury that takes away his unique running ability and kills the run-pass-option system. Then we're stuck with neither a good pocket passer or an uninjured guy to run the rpo offense. Sooooo I guess you convinced me.

Now the question is where do you find a decent pocket passer who's willing to be a backup in an rpo offense?

I see your point. I guess I just figure Lamar will never be a good pocket passer and will always want to run it himself first. What worries me is having a pocket passer as a backup and running 2 completely different systems. However, and unfortunately, I think it's just a matter of time before Lamar gets an injury that takes away his unique running ability and kills the run-pass-option system. Then we're stuck with neither a good pocket passer or an uninjured guy to run the rpo offense. Sooooo I guess you convinced me.

Now the question is where do you find a decent pocket passer who's willing to be a backup in an rpo offense?

I hold out hope Lamar can become a pocket passer first and rusher second. Others have done it and Lamar has only played half a season. Steve Young ran first for years then learned to stay in the pocket more often. Team/fans just have to be patient with young QBs and that's not easy to do.

I'd be very comfortable with RGIII as a backup.

I think the receivers and o-line are part of the reason why Lamar ran so much. Get actually dangerous targets and things may open up.

I also wonder if we should change expectations for mobile QBs. Maybe instead of a 12 - 15 year career instead hope for a 8 - 10* year one. Having a good passing QB who can run at times is such a great weapon so I'd still utilize it some to keep defenses off balance.

Back to Steve Young (who was a freak and had great weapons) some of his best passing years he still had 400 - 500 yards rushing. The defense had to respect that and that opened other things up. So even if Lamar becomes a good passer I'd run him at times.

*Longevity as a metric to get into the Hall of Fame bothers me at times. I'm not saying I want someone who had two great years get in, but I'm not sure I think 10 is needed either.

Edited by Spen

That you're a fucking idiot.

Or you are an ignorant fuck.

I hold out hope Lamar can become a pocket passer first and rusher second. Others have done it and Lamar has only played half a season. Steve Young ran first for years then learned to stay in the pocket more often. Team/fans just have to be patient with young QBs and that's not easy to do.

I'd be very comfortable with RGIII as a backup.

I think the receivers and o-line are part of the reason why Lamar ran so much. Get actually dangerous targets and things may open up.

So we should get a HOF QB and have Lamar sit for 4 yrs behind him. That s a great plan.

Or you are an ignorant fuck.

So we should get a HOF QB and have Lamar sit for 4 yrs behind him. That s a great plan.

It's in no way a plan nor presented as one. The fact thats what conclusion you drew from that post just emphasizes how dumb you are.

Stick to predicting negative things and publicly patting yourself on the back you fucking cunt.