ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Music to my ears

vmax

:gorave:

Still, the biggest work this offseason will come from the front office and new general manager Eric DeCosta. Their challenge is building an offense around Jackson's unique skill set. "This is a really, really fun, exciting offseason, because we get a chance to look at other teams, and maybe even have the chance to draft some players or add some players that maybe other teams don’t like as much as we do because we’re doing something different," DeCosta said. "So, we may be able to find or exploit that situation a little bit." "I think what we really want is just good players," DeCosta said. "We want guys that can make plays -- playmakers, guys that have the chance to help us win a football game in crunch time. We also want big, physical, tough, aggressive, nasty, mean offensive linemen who can protect Lamar and help open up some running holes. We want tight ends who can make plays. We want running backs who can take the tough yard; we want running backs who can break big gainers."...http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/48665/lamar-jackson-provides-more-freedom-in-building-ravens-offense

USATSI_11444985-1024x757.jpg

Improving the O-line like DeCosta says, should be the number one priority this off-season through the draft and free agency.

It does appear that a very highly rated WR may drop to pick 22 in the draft. If that happens and the guy has no red flags it will be difficult not to take him. I'm not sure what they should do if that happens. We don't have a second round pick so first round is even more valuable to us than usual. But it would seem to me that we ought to be able to go after Paradis in free agency for Center. We need at least one guard, possibly two. Through some magical combination DeCosta has to fill C, OG, and WR this year. We have the cap room to do it, I think.

Any chance we pick up a compensatory 3rd round pick this year? Ryan Jensen signed a fat contract so maybe we get one there?

Improving the O-line like DeCosta says, should be the number one priority this off-season through the draft and free agency.

It does appear that a very highly rated WR may drop to pick 22 in the draft. If that happens and the guy has no red flags it will be difficult not to take him. I'm not sure what they should do if that happens. We don't have a second round pick so first round is even more valuable to us than usual. But it would seem to me that we ought to be able to go after Paradis in free agency for Center. We need at least one guard, possibly two. Through some magical combination DeCosta has to fill C, OG, and WR this year. We have the cap room to do it, I think.

Any chance we pick up a compensatory 3rd round pick this year? Ryan Jensen signed a fat contract so maybe we get one there?

I have seen that lineman from BC associated with the Ravens with their 3rd round pick quite a few times. Everything I have read I like.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/02/09/chris-lindstrom-2019-nfl-draft-profile/

Chris Lindstrom 2019 NFL Draft Profile

Overview
Position: Interior offensive lineman
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 310 pounds
School: Boston College Eagles

Chris Lindstrom, a true interior offensive lineman from Massachusetts, was not one of the highly coveted names coming out of high school. Lindstrom was a three-star recruit who in his senior season helped his running back rush for 3,835 yards and 49 touchdowns. He was named Massachusetts Co-Offensive Player of the Year his senior year, and was named Player of the Year his junior year. His father was a Hall of Fame lineman at Boston University and spent three seasons in the NFL. His uncle, Eric, also played defensive end, and his younger brother Alec is a true freshman offensive lineman at Boston College, so Chris comes from good NFL roots.

Lindstrom’s freshman year in 2015 saw him get playing time in 12 games. The final nine games were all started at right guard. His sophomore year, Lindstrom started all 13 games at right guard.

During his junior year, Lindstrom earned All-ACC Second Team honors at tackle. He was also BC’s highest-graded offensive lineman the entire 2017 season and led the line to rank second in the ACC, 13th nationally, with only 13 sacks allowed. He was the key piece in helping the run game average 220.4 yards per game. In his final season at Boston College, Lindstrom earned All-ACC First Team honors. He played in all of BC’s games that year, and started them all at right guard. Nearly every snap was played on the offense as well.

Lindstrom played some of his junior year at right tackle and right guard. Where he excelled the most throughout his college career was on the interior of the line and where a team will surely draft him this spring. Lindstrom made quite a name for himself, and looks to project as a high round draft pick.

Strengths
  • gets out of blocks quick and climbs to the next level;
  • exhibits exceptional mobility;
  • really good range;
  • keeps his eyes up;
  • great lower body power;
  • absorbs rushes with his lower body strength;
  • very active hands;
  • does a good job resetting with his hands;
  • quick feet;
  • natural athlete;
  • stays engaged with defenders;
  • solid on pulls and slide protections;
  • can win with quickness;
Weaknesses
  • overruns blocks at times;
  • gets overeager at the second level;
  • needs to keep a lower center of gravity;
  • not very lengthy;
  • can take an off angle at times;

NFL Comparison: David DeCastro

Teams With Need at Position: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, New York Giants, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals

Projection: Late first round

Bottom Line

Chris Lindstrom is arguably the best interior lineman in this class. His athleticism, quickness, and lower body strength set him apart from his counterparts, and make him a monster of a blocker. His agility gives him tremendous range on pulls and slide protections. He can maul a defender and quickly get up to the second level and open up another lane for his ball carrier. His hand technique is superb and keeps his eyes on his target like a top guard should and he strikes with great force.

The main issue I see with Lindstrom is he gets a bit too anxious at times and will overrun his defenders. When he gets to the second level, shifty linebackers can get by him because of his speed and quickness that he doesn’t gear down on. This is something that can be corrected. Something that can’t be corrected is his length. He has the versatility to play both guard and tackle at times, but with his length, I don’t think there will be a chance he plays on the outside. He’s solid blocking in his frame, so his length may not end up being too much of an issue. Overall, I could see a team in need of a guard in the middle of the first snatching him up at the given opportunity.

I like what I read about him. Any dings are correctable. Not sure he is 1st round worthy.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/02/09/chris-lindstrom-2019-nfl-draft-profile/

I like what I read about him. Any dings are correctable. Not sure he is 1st round worthy.

I like what read about him too. His 'cons' seem to me to be fairly easy to correct. I'll keep my eyes on this guy. Good find, Papa.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/09/dont-forget-about-rodney-anderson/

Five carries. Five carries is all it took for Oklahoma’s Heisman hopeful running back Rodney Anderson to reach 100 yards on the ground in the Sooners’ first game of the season. After coming off a year where he ran for over 1,100 yards with 17 touchdowns, it looked like everything was going according to plan for Anderson to continue being one of the best running backs in all of college football in 2018.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Oklahoma_logo.gif

Oklahoma_logo.gif Rodney Anderson*, RB, Oklahoma
Height: 6-1. Weight: 219.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.

2/2/19: Anderson totaled 119 yards in 2018 on 11 carries with two touchdowns before suffering a season-ending knee injury. He declared for the 2019 NFL Draft rather than try to go back to Oklahoma.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Anderson checks in at 6-foot-1, 219 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 4.50 seconds. The durability concerns are going to kill his draft grade, and some teams may flunk him medically as he has had three season ending injuries in four years.

With Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine in the NFL, Anderson took over as Oklahoma's feature back and had an impressive 2017 season. On the year, he averaged 5.9 yards per carry for 960 yards and 11 touchdowns on only 162 carries. He also had 16 receptions for 283 yards and three touchdowns.

Even though he has a build with size, Anderson shows impressive speed with first-step quickness and a burst to get to the second level. In the tackle box, he runs with nice knee bend to stay behind his pads and plow through contact. Anderson flashes an ability to run angry and charges hard downhill. When he gets to the open field, he stands up higher to run away from defenders. Anderson also shows superb receiving ability. He runs good routes, adjusts well to the ball, makes acrobatic catches, and has soft hands. While Anderson is not a burner back like Chris Johnson, Anderson has a combination of size, speed, and receiving ability that reminds this analyst of Arian Foster and DeMarco Murray.

On the RB front I like the idea of Andreson. In style he reminds me of Jamal. He doesn't have the choppy highstepping but the way he uses his size and runs away form ppl when he hits the open field. He does have an injury history but that drags his value down to late in the draft. I don't ex[ect a long career but a good 2-3 yrs of production would be great.

We won't see Bell or Brown in a Ravens uniform. Too much money and too much baggage and distractions......Harbaugh wants team guys....unselfish guys....they won't mix or get along.

33.jpg