• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

Yep, dont sleep on S Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot - couple of young studs there.

Now time to address the LB and pass rushing positions.

#22 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,077 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

dr-strangelove-peter-sellers.jpg?w=450

Gewicht verlieren durch Natron: abnehmen mit einem Hausmittel, das völlig unterschätzt wird

Edited by vmax, 13 March 2019 - 06:28 PM.

“My philosophy is winning comes first,” Roman said. “I’m not chasing stats. Job justification stats, water cooler talk – I’m not really into that. I’m into whatever helps the team to win. Along with that, though, a physical style. Meaning we’re in control. It starts up front, but it extends everywhere. It’s a mindset. [I’m] very big on approaching the game from that perspective.”

#23 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

Thomas is coming off the broken leg.  Jefferson is still a liability.  I would still trade Jimmy.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#24 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,077 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:23 AM

Winners
Baltimore Ravens

After a rough start to free agency that saw their defense plundered, the Ravens had a nice rebound in the secondary market. It's the best place to bounce back because the deals are better, including Baltimore's contract for Mark Ingram, a reported three-year deal worth $15 million, which is a really nice bargain for Baltimore relative to the other running backs that signed this offseason. The Ravens needed a reliable option who can between the tackles and catch passes out of the backfield and Ingram is just that. He was chased out of New Orleans after the Saints signed Latavius Murray to pair with Alvin Kamara, and now he should get the lion's share of carries in what remains a somewhat confusing offense.

Baltimore also made a big splash in the safety market, signing Earl Thomas to a four-year deal worth an impressive $55 million. To anyone who thought Earl wouldn't earn his money on the market, you got faced. It's not a crazy deal either: like many contracts, it could end up being a three-year deal and Thomas could be exactly what Eric Weddle was for the Ravens the last few years, a veteran safety with a secondary career renaissance. Thomas is a Hall of Famer with the cerebral ability to clean up mistakes on the back end and the playmaking, ball-hawking skills to give this defense a massive boost.....https://www.cbssport...-hard-to-grasp/

:gorave:

“My philosophy is winning comes first,” Roman said. “I’m not chasing stats. Job justification stats, water cooler talk – I’m not really into that. I’m into whatever helps the team to win. Along with that, though, a physical style. Meaning we’re in control. It starts up front, but it extends everywhere. It’s a mindset. [I’m] very big on approaching the game from that perspective.”

#25 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:11 AM

dr-strangelove-peter-sellers.jpg?w=450

Gewicht verlieren durch Natron: abnehmen mit einem Hausmittel, das völlig unterschätzt wird

Yeah, what he said 😉

#26 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

:gorave:

Still, need a pass rushing dynamo to help replace the loss
of Suggs et al

#27 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

Did they watch Weddle on the field?  I would hope Thomas is far better.

#28 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

Still, need a pass rushing dynamo to help replace the loss
of Suggs et al

Are there any worthwhile pass rushers left in FA?

Roman knows, in order to stay ahead of the curve, he’ll have to reinvent his attack – at least to some degree. It’s always a cat and mouse game in the NFL. One team debuts something new and innovative (Jackson’s speed), opponents adjust, and then teams adjust to the adjustments.

#29 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Houston- formerly of KC. Not sure of who else

#30 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:26 AM

14. Ezekiel Ansah (29), EDGE, Detroit

#31 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:35 AM

https://profootballt...e-ravens-offer/

Earl Thomas thought he was going to Kansas Cityin free agency until a last-minute offer sent him to Baltimore.

Thomas told Peter King in Football Morning in America that he never had a sense the Ravens were even interested, let alone that they were going to blow him away with a a four-year, $55-million offer.

What was KC's offer?  How much of a difference was it to "blow him away"?

#32 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...o-sign-1yr-deal

Ravens' Earl Thomas was prepared to sign 1-yr deal

Earl Thomas resigned himself to a one-year prove-it contract. Then the Ravens swooped in.

After seeing fellow safeties Landon CollinsTyrann Mathieu and Adrian Amos land big deals while his market remained slow to materialize, Thomas told NBC's Peter King for his Football Morning In America column, that he'd rationalized signing a one-year, $12 million deal with incentives.

The deal came quickly, with the Ravens giving Thomas $35 million guaranteed in the first two years of the four-year, $55 million contract.

I think this could prove to be a seriously bad decision.

#33 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Time will tell. If hes healthy and plays like his LOB days, we are good. If not, not a good deal for us.

#34 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

https://clutchpoints...-for-baltimore/

According to The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, the former Kansas City Chiefs star’s asking price is likely to prove too expensive for the Baltimore Ravens.

“Former Kansas City Chief Justin Houston is currently the top prize and he’d be a good fit for the Ravens. However, some reports indicate that Houston could get a deal for north of $10 million per year, and that’s more than what the Ravens can afford to spend. His price would have to come down for a deal to work with the Ravens.”

#35 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

It would be nice but not absolutely necessary to snag Houston. If we are so fortunate, that frees us up to draft a good WR in the 1st. Otherwise, we may need to go pass rusher in 1st, no later than 2nd. Lots of holes to fill.

#36 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,077 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

They are banking on Bowser and Williams stepping up. Williams could be the man if he stays healthy. He broke out his junior year at Alabama. It's his junior year here.

They also have an awesome secondary and they are counting on it to make turnovers and coverage sacks.

Eric's not done yet.

#37 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

I don't think Bowser has 'it' but Williams is still a possibility. And like you said, Eric isn't done yet.

Roman knows, in order to stay ahead of the curve, he’ll have to reinvent his attack – at least to some degree. It’s always a cat and mouse game in the NFL. One team debuts something new and innovative (Jackson’s speed), opponents adjust, and then teams adjust to the adjustments.

#38 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,077 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM

I'm still talking "Rebuild" here.

When using that word it means to me that it will be very hard, if not impossible, to win the AFC North and hard to make the playoffs this season.

The situation here is similar to the one the Browns faced heading into 2018 season. They went 9-7 barely missing the playoffs but with a lot of player and team development over the season. Then a strong off season has them standing with a lot of hope for this year. 10-6...11-5 does not seen unreasonable.

I see the Ravens in this light.

Any hope for the Ravens this year lies in "Parity" and a watered down league.

It's lies in Eric DeCosta's roster building vision and having a very good draft that will fill the holes, add team depth and bare fruit next year. There's too much to accomplish in one year.

Lamar needs receivers. He needs a solid O line that can excel in run blocking and hold their own in pass protection. He has excellent TE's and Ingram should be a great safety valve. Snead will contribute but Lamar has no true #1 WR to throw to. Plus....he has to develop as a solid at least average passer. There's no guarantee that will happen.

The D needs players who can pressure the QB and LB's who are fast and can cover.

In short, there's a lot of needs and holes to fill. When you factor in that it takes time and experience playing together for team units to mature and play fast, instinctive football, then "Yes" it's a rebuild year.

#39 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Agree with you Max. I don't think it's necessary to have naked fruit next year though.  :sing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users