ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

7 realistic options for the Ravens in the 1st round of the 2019 NFL draft

papasmurfbell

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/gallery/7-realistic-options-for-the-ravens-in-the-1st-round-of-the-2019-nfl-draft/

RB, Josh Jacobs, Alabama:
Though the Ravens added running back Mark Ingram, they could still use more help at the position. Given their desire to be a run-heavy offense in 2019, they need a player who can break big plays and they don't have anyone on the roster currently capable of doing that.With a slower-than-expected 40-yard dash time, Jacobs might actually be available for the Ravens at No. 22.Jacobs is considered the top running back in this draft class for a reason. He's a patient runner with great vision and instincts. He hits the hole hard and fast with burst once he gets to the second level. He's also an accomplished receiver out of the backfield, offering another thing Baltimore doesn't have on their roster currently but really likes to incorporate.
LB, Devin Bush, Michigan:
With the loss of linebacker C.J. Mosley, the Ravens could turn to the 2019 NFL draft to find his replacement. Bush is widely seen as the second-best inside linebacker in this draft class behind Devin White, which should have Bush be available for Baltimore at No. 22.Bush is undersized but makes up for it by being fast, rangy and having good coverage skills. Given the difficulties the Ravens have had covering running backs and tight ends in recent years, Baltimore could look to change things up by taking the more agile Bush.
LB, Lyndell "Mack" Wilson, Alabama:
If the Ravens are looking for a more direct replacement for Mosley, Wilson would be the answer. He's a little bigger and beefier than Bush, which allows him to attack the line of scrimmage better. He's still adept at coverage and has good ball skills to go along with it but maybe not quite as dynamic as Bush.Wilson could even be an option if Baltimore wishes to trade back later in the first round.
WR, A.J. Brown, Ole Miss:
It's no secret Baltimore needs wide receivers. Right now, the Ravens have Willie Snead as their only proven, consistent option at wide receiver.While Brown might not have the crazy upside of other wide receivers, he's sure-handed and solid all around. Brown would come in and immediately start while giving quarterback Lamar Jackson a security blanket on the outside.
WR, N'Keal Harry, Arizona State:
Much like Brown, Harry is a solid, if unspectacular option. He doesn't have blazing speed but is a possession receiver that makes tough catches, blocks well and is a big-bodied option. Harry would likely become an immediate starter on Baltimore's offense and be an early security blanket for Jackson.
OL, Garrett Bradbury, N.C. State:
The Ravens have their tackles in place right now but need to beef up the interior of their offensive line. With Bradbury, Baltimore would get an immediate starter at either center or guard. With their run-heavy offensive scheme, offensive line help might not be the sexiest selection, but it would perhaps make the biggest impact early on.
Trading back
I think the most realistic option is Baltimore trades back. With no second-round selection, the Ravens will likely look to trade back and pick up some extra draft picks while still hitting needs at better values.Given how quiet Baltimore was in free agency and the way general manager Eric DeCosta seems to be building for the future, trading back is the wisest choice unless a top-15 prospect drops down to No. 22.

"Trading back

I think the most realistic option is Baltimore trades back. With no second-round selection, the Ravens will likely look to trade back and pick up some extra draft picks while still hitting needs at better values.Given how quiet Baltimore was in free agency and the way general manager Eric DeCosta seems to be building for the future, trading back is the wisest choice unless a top-15 prospect drops down to No. 22."

Yeah, this is the way I see it too.

Not re-signing Mosley really jacked up our needs, but I get it. I agree with trading back. I just hope we land a WR, but I'm concerned about the Lamar and any future WR 'star' complementing each other.

I think they may have thought Mosley was going to stay because he was so verbal about doing so. In the end though, the lure of more money, big money, became too tempting for him. He certainly isn't worth all the money that he wound up with and the Ravens usually don't overpay.