ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

McPhee, Floyd, Ray, Powers, Horn...Yawn...

vmax

Didn't Floyd turn down the Ravens a few years ago? Now that he's washed up, they suddenly look good to him. This is like his 5th team in the last 5 years.

My guess is Brown won't be ready due to his foot. That takes 12-15 months to heal from what I hear. It took Jimmy Smith that long.

I like McPhee of the Ravens past....he was great....after that he forgot how to play at a high level and has been a disappointment. I'll call this a no confidence vote for Williams and Bowser...if only he could play like Bowser. He did save my life once. I was heading to heart attack city and then he picked off Brady.

chinpats7.jpg

Same for Ray.

You can call it depth yet to me iIt looks like they got slower.

Not much talent left in free agency so I guess they are trying to "get what they can get" to make the overall roster better. I think they have 13 receivers on the roster at the moment so Competition should be fierce.

A little more on Floyd......

Where does Floyd fit in?

Even with all the Ravens' additions at wide receiver, they didn't really have a strong-handed possession receiver. There could be a case made Snead was the closest thing but he had a number of big drops last season and has had his production suddenly slip while with the New Orleans Saints. Snead also primarily plays from the slot and with the release of Michael Crabtree, Baltimore didn't have anyone capable of doing that outside the numbers.

While Floyd has been a disappointment as a former first-round pick in the 2012 NFL draft, he fits that possession receiver role well. In seven years and 497 targets, Floyd has just 28 drops - never surpassing five in a season. At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, Floyd has the frame to handle taking hits in order to move the chains as well.

This is actually a move I had expected from Baltimore. An outside possession receiver had been on my list of the Ravens' biggest needs following the 2019 draft. While Floyd has no guarantee of making the final 53-man roster, he gives Baltimore something they lacked and a much more fierce competition in training camp......https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-michael-floyd-brings-to-ravens-wr-depth-chart/ar-AABvlBv?ocid=U508DHP

So basically he doesn't drop the ball.

Between Lamar and others droping and turning over the ball this will kill this offense. Every pair of sure hands makes the Ravens success odds better.

Let's hope he can block well. He's got the size.

Yeah, I think these latest pick-ups are just roster filler for the most part. I'm hoping Shane Ray has a comeback year. The rest, meh.

BTW is Brown's injury a Lisfranc? If so I'll be surprised if he makes a training camp debut too.

Yea...Lisfranc....15 month recover time.

Wheels are everything when it comes to speed.

"I'm super excited to be a part of this organization," Ray said. "It's a first-class organization known for having amazing defenses. Just to be out here and to be a part of this team, it means a lot to me. I'm excited to get to work and ready to try to bring a Super Bowl here."..............http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26767694/ravens-sign-lb-ray-wr-floyd-help-fill-voids

Edited by vmax