ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Marianne Williamson is running for President

vmax

She has a snowballs chance, yet I have no doubt that she is the one candidate who will deliver on what she promises and will get us on the right course of action and lead our Nation through it's greatest threat to it's existence.

This may not be the only way that the insanity can be stopped.

It's 2019 and I don't see the American consciousness raised to a high enough level where she could pull off a victory Yet if her voice, platform and agenda can reach the ears of the public, then at some point in time the seeds may take root. Even if she fails, she will raise the vibration and consciousness in America.

Maybe some of her rivals incorporate parts of her plan and agenda into their campaigns.

Right now, whoever emerges from the race with the best chance to win the Presidency and has a commitment to fulfill most of what Marianne has publicly posted....they get my vote.

I hope it's Marianne.

Really...as crazy as I am....I'm all in on her.

“We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can’t have both.” — Justice Louis Brandeis

Government & Democracy Today

At the deepest level, what we think of as “issues” aren’t always the issue.

What politicians normally refer to as “issues” are mere symptoms, all of which share an underlying cause: a disconnection between our politics and our democratic principles, as our government has become subservient to the governing principle of short-term profit maximization for huge multinational corporations.

Our government today does not function as a government “of the people, by the people, for the people.” To the contrary, it serves as a government “of a few, by a few, and for a few.” Due to the nefarious influence of unlimited corporate money on our politicians, our government has become a system of legalized bribery. The United States government now advocates more for the short-term financial gain of campaign donors than for the long-term health and well-being of American citizens and the planet on which we live.

The situation has reached emergency proportions. Our government has abandoned its primary function as stated in the Declaration of Independence: to secure the (God-given) right of every citizen to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” The millions of American children who go to school each day in buildings that don’t meet minimum safety requirements - or have the supplies necessary with which to learn to read -- these children are not free to pursue their happiness. Students may be full US citizens, but because they do not work or possess wealth, they have no financial leverage in the halls of a corrupted system that listens to money more than to the cries of its people.

This trajectory, born of our government’s obeisance to its new corporate overlords, has produced the largest income inequality since 1929, a lack of health care for millions of US citizens, a lack of guaranteed educational and wealth-creating opportunities to all but its richest citizens, chronic economic despair for millions of Americans, a multitude of children living in chronically traumatic conditions, and a plunder of the environment that literally imperils the future of life on Earth.

While politicians point to “health care” or “jobs” or “the economy” as the issues, the real issue is that our government has been hijacked by corporate and financial forces that have systematically moved the bulk of our public treasure into the hands of a few of our citizens, basically returning us to an aristocratic system in which a few are served at the expense of the many.
Our Democracy is at Risk

Our democracy is under assault by combined forces of corporatism and autocracy. This organized, well-funded assault seeks the destruction of our bedrock democratic foundations in order to secure its own economic primacy. To serve its purposes, it aims to:

1) influence elections at local, state and federal levels using the unlimited financial power to do so granted by the Citizens United Supreme Court decision;
2) place corporatist judges on all levels of the judiciary; and
3) attack voting rights through such means as the 2013 Supreme Court chipping away of the Voting Rights Act

This well-organized assault represents a full threat to our democracy - and it is the challenge of our generation to fight back.

An attack on our voting system is core to this anti-democratic assault. Voter suppression laws are being passed throughout the country. Gerrymandering - making a shift from voters choosing winners to winners choosing voters - violates every principle of fair representation. And Citizens United has replaced the democratic formula of one person, one vote with the repressive system of one dollar, one vote.

It is imperative that the U.S. President be aware of this orchestrated, powerful undertow, and that she or he be unafraid to say so. One major political party has now been almost totally commandeered by corporatist forces, and the other major political party, due to its own frequent dependence on corporate dollars, does what it can to address the resulting pain on the periphery, yet too often refuses to address the underlying forces that make all that suffering inevitable.

I am running as a Democrat who feels that the party must reclaim its function as an advocate and protector of what is meant to be the true governing force in the United States: We the People. To me, that is the soul of the Democratic party, and the soul of our country.

There is only one way to override the nefarious influence of the corporatist, anti-democratic trend in American politics today. That is through massive citizen engagement, a massive renaissance of political consciousness among the American people, through which millions of citizens will become the societal immune system that casts out the opportunistic infection of authoritarian corporatist forces.
Consequently, if I’m elected, my administration will support the following:

• A state-by-state rejection of politicized gerrymandering.

• A Constitutional Amendment to establish public financing of our federal campaigns.

• Elimination of unfounded restrictions on eligible voters, such as voter picture ID’s.

• The institution of automatic voter registration at the age of 18.

• Guarantees that our voting systems are secure from internal as well as external threats.

• Establishment of election day as a national holiday (or Saturday), and guarantee of enough time and polling places to allow for easy access to voting.

• Holding special interest and corporate lobbyists accountable to the rule of law.

A Williamson administration would work assiduously to address the above-mentioned external issues, and I would bring the full extent of my professional experience to help the American people connect the dots, understand what has happened, and work in their own communities to save our democracy.

She addresses all the issues unlike any politician of today...check out her campaign website. She addresses everything from a new, knowledgeable and informed, and higher perspective. Amazingly fresh....and full of hope.

https://www.marianne2020.com/

https://www.marianne2020.com/issues

Edited by vmax

• 2 weeks later...

This woman is fantastic. She is the first political candidate whom I have heard, who has detailed explanations for everything she intends to address. I get updates almost every day.

She may not have any chance to win, but she is going to plant so many seeds of positive change in peoples minds.

https://www.marianne2020.com/posts/marianne-on-msnbc-with-stephanie-ruhle

https://www.marianne2020.com/video-posts/on-global-warming

https://www.marianne2020.com/video-posts/williamson-explains-her-qualifications-for-president

I received this today..........She is persistent, inspired and relentless. She sees clearly. You never know what can happen over the next 2 years. If she keeps coming this hard and with such a clear and profound message then she does have a very good chance.

At first, I was told I could never get my foot in the door; I could never be considered a real contender. Then we proved them wrong, as we have double-qualified for the DNC debates later this month.

And now they’re saying, “Yeah, but she could never beat Donald Trump.”

I’m writing to tell you why I think I’m the best person to beat Donald Trump.

This is a critical moment in America history, and I’m not running for president to waste anyone’s time or mess with their emotions. I’m running because I think that if I'm the Democratic nominee, I will win. And if I win, then together we will change America.

Donald Trump—regardless of whether or not you agree with any of his policies—has introduced a mean-spiritedness into our politics that is literally corrosive to our democracy. It assaults the moral fabric of our nation. It shows disrespect for American values. And that must not be allowed to stand.

Trump has succeeded in doing those things despite heroic efforts to stymie him. What has been the key to his “success?” The answer does not lie within the purview of traditional politics. He’s been able to do what he’s done because he is a master manipulator of emotions. He has done what he has done by harnessing the power of fear.

And the only thing that can defeat the power of fear is the power of love. The only one who can defeat a big liar is a teller of big truths.

The only candidate who will defeat Donald Trump is someone who can harness the power of love.

The president has had a career harnessing fear, and I have had a career inspiring love. I have seen what love can do to transform one person’s life, and I have seen what love can do to transform large groups of people. Those of us who feel that our love for each other, for the peoples of the world, and for the earth itself provide the only sustainable option for the human race, must harness our collective conviction now. For conviction is a force multiplier; those of us who love must love with as much conviction as that which is displayed by those who hate.

Our love for our each other, for the planet, and for our descendants is beckoning to all of us: let’s turn love into a political force.

The Marianne Williamson for President campaign is such an effort. Please support the campaign with your love, your voice, and your dollars. Some say it’s naïve to think that our capacity to love each other is key to our collective future. I say that what’s naïve is for humanity to think we will have a future for another hundred years, if we do not.

Faith in love is not blind; faith in love is visionary. Love is the key that unlocks every door, and that includes to the White House in 2020.

Let’s do this now...

Our entire campaign is fueled by your donations. We are on the debate stage in three weeks, and we are rising, rising, rising in the polls.

Your contribution now means everything. We need your help.

With conviction,

Marianne Williamson

This woman has a very clear vision and a plan on how to make it reality.

Here's her stand on all that needs to be addressed in this country........

https://www.marianne2020.com/issues

What does America need? We need to love our country and to love each other enough to make some bold and necessary changes. We need to face some things that are difficult to face and rise from the ashes of denial and despair to do something about them.

We need public funding of federal campaigns in order to override Citizens United, because until we get the money out of politics then nothing will fundamentally change. We need universal health care and a $15/hour. minimum wage. We need free college at State colleges and universities. We need to remove the burden of our student loan debt.

And yes, we have the money for all that!

We need to repeal the 2017 $2T tax cut that gave 83 cents of every dollar to the richest individuals and corporations (then put back in the middle class tax cut). We need to end corporate subsidies like the $26B we gave to the fossil fuel companies alone last year. We need to insist the government can negotiate drug prices with Big Pharma. We need to keep our military budget to what the military says they need to buy, not just what defense contractors want to sell.

Moreover, we need to realize that every dollar we put into helping people thrive is a dollar we are putting into the economy. By uncapping people’s dreams, we support their living at a higher level of creativity and productivity – which in turn becomes more spending, more consumer base, more tax revenue, and ultimately an end to the repressive and even tyrannous rule of trickle-down-economics.

And we need to do more than that.

We need to address the chronic trauma of millions of American children who are trapped in violent communities and in classrooms with inadequate school supplies with which to teach a child to read. We need everything from more funding for education to wrap-around services to trauma-informed education to mindfulness in the schools. We need a cabinet level Department of Children and Youth, and a massive realignment of investment in the direction of children ten years old and younger.

We need a completely transformed Environmental Protection Agency, led by a world-class scientist and a magnet for sustainability experts. We need to face, as a nation, the moral emergency of our climate crisis. We must commit to doing everything necessary – including achieving carbon neutrality by 2030 – in order to stave off planetary catastrophe.

In addition to universal health care, we need to understand that even that is not enough when so many of our environmental, food, chemical, and agricultural policies make us so much more prone to sickness. We need a president who understands this, and a completely revitalized Food and Drug Administration no longer beholden to corporate interests.

We need to realize that we cannot have an abundant future unless we clean up our past, and therefore we should pay reparations for slavery and take reparative measures toward Native American communities as well.

And we need to face the perilous nature of our national security agenda, based as it is on endless preparation for war and far too few proactive efforts to wage peace. All that will change with a Williamson presidency, as we develop a United States Department of Peace through which we will reclaim the moral authority of a nation once again using its power to champion the values we hold most dear.

Few of the solutions I mention above will be achieved by the political status quo because all of the problems I mention above were created by the political status quo! I challenge the notion that only those whose careers have been entrenched in the system that got us into a ditch are qualified to lead us out of it. Quite to the contrary. Among other things, people who have themselves received hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations from securities and investment firms, Big Pharma, oil companies and chemical companies, aren’t going to go to Washington to challenge its sacred cows.

What we need is not a political mechanic or a member of the club. What we need is a radical truth-teller and an inspirer of hearts.

And that would be me.

This woman is fantastic. She is the first political candidate whom I have heard, who has detailed explanations for everything she intends to address. I get updates almost every day.

She may not have any chance to win, but she is going to plant so many seeds of positive change in peoples minds.

https://www.marianne2020.com/posts/marianne-on-msnbc-with-stephanie-ruhle

https://www.marianne2020.com/video-posts/on-global-warming

https://www.marianne2020.com/video-posts/williamson-explains-her-qualifications-for-president

Liz Warren has had many detailed policy positions. I agree with many of them. But she also is not going to win. I would love to see her tapped for Treasury.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see the debate but I read that Williamson did not do too well. I hear Harris stole the show, which is fine with me because she basically sees the same important issues that Williamson sees.

I'm going for the candidate who has the best chance to beat Trump and is in line with the values and policies that Williams proposes.

It's early, but we really need somebody who is principled, strong and has the qualities and plan to lead this country and world out of it's biggest challenge. Time is running out. The Earth is rapidly changing and life in America as we know it will be gone in 50 years.

What I'm trying to say it that I'm looking for a candidate who will raise the consciousness of Americans. Raise the vibration in this country. We need a major shift across the board.

Kennedy did that. Lincoln. Men like Martin Luther King.

No more double talk side stepping the issues, cancer and possible demise that our country faces.

We are running out of time. We need that person now.

I didn't see the debate but I read that Williamson did not do too well. I hear Harris stole the show, which is fine with me because she basically sees the same important issues that Williamson sees.

I'm going for the candidate who has the best chance to beat Trump and is in line with the values and policies that Williams proposes.

It's early, but we really need somebody who is principled, strong and has the qualities and plan to lead this country and world out of it's biggest challenge. Time is running out. The Earth is rapidly changing and life in America as we know it will be gone in 50 years.

Harris and Williamson are very different. Harris made her bones locking up black and brown ppl but now she wants criminal justice reform. She is also getting backed by wall st. Also a status quo candidate will lose. We saw that method tried in 2016.

Warren was good. Castro did OK. Tulsi had a few moments. Booker was OK. PRetty much everyone else was a disaster. I figure we will be seeing 5 ppl drop out in the next month or so.

She's insane..... nowadays that is not necessarily a bad thing

Fight fire with fire....

“A person who has no conscience, a person who has no remorse, is a sociopath. And an economic system that displays no conscience and no remorse, for whom making your own short-term profit, a justifiable bottom line, no matter who or what gets hurt, is a sociopathic economic system,” Ms. Williamson said earlier this year on the campaign trail, in a meeting with Iowa Safe Schools, a nonprofit that focuses on L.G.B.T.Q. student issues. “You don’t just need someone to go to Washington who understands how the mechanics of Washington works. You need someone to go to Washington who understands how the mind of a sociopath works.”.......https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/style/marianne-williamson-debate-president.html

I like this quote..........

There are many kinds of experience. Experienced politicians got us into the war in Vietnam. Experienced politicians got us into the war in Iraq,” Ms. Williamson said. “Experienced politicians have led us to the greatest wealth inequality since 1929. Experienced politicians have led us to a situation where, if we don’t act within the next 12 years, in terms of climate change, the survivability of the human race will be in question.”

Great 4th of July message.....

"John Adams, the second president of the United States, said he hoped that on every July 4th, the citizens of this country would spend time “revisiting our First Principles.”

What did he mean? And what are our First Principles?

They are the following:

All men (and women) are created equal;
God gave all men (and women) inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; and
Governments are instituted among men (and women) to secure those rights.
What does it mean to revisit those principles? It means to allow ourselves to truly think about them⁠—to emotionally and psychologically re-bond with them, and to consider how they apply to issues in our own time. If our First Principles become simply inscriptions on marble walls⁠—written on parchment and protected behind glass, yet no longer inscribed on each generation's heart⁠—then they lose their relevancy, their moral force. Principles become lifeless unless kept alive within us.

In referring to the founding of our country, Abraham Lincoln said that our forefathers had "brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.” He went on to say that the men who died in the Battle of Gettysburg had done so in order that “a government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish from the earth.”

Yet is it not perishing now...?

A government so corrupted by the influence of dark money that it does more to serve short-term profits for huge multinational corporations than it does to serve us—we the people—and the planet on which we live, is a "government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.” And to that extent, we are no longer free.

This July 4th, let us reclaim the revolutionary spirit of 1776 and rededicate ourselves to the principles on which we stand. It is time for our generation to rise to the defense of our freedom, just as others have done before us. It is not a time to complain, but to act. For this is our country and this is our time.

Otherwise, as Lincoln’s words now echo through the ages, “We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.”

• 3 weeks later...