• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,178 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:19 AM

He would be a nice addition but at what cost?

Not worth it to me if they Ravens start heading toward CAP jail again.

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Free-agent defensive tackle Gerald McCoy's visit with the Baltimore Ravens will continue into Wednesday morning.

McCoy arrived in Baltimore on Tuesday afternoon and left the team facility at 7 p.m. to have dinner with coaches and players.

A source said the visit with McCoy has been "great." The Ravens are hoping he doesn't leave town without a contract.

McCoy, 31, visited the Browns on Friday and left Cleveland without a deal. The Browns have remained in contact with McCoy and are still in contention for the six-time Pro Bowl lineman.

The addition of McCoy would significantly upgrade Baltimore's pass rush on the interior and help in the retooling of last season's top-ranked defense in the NFL....http://www.espn.com/...ends-second-day

“[Lamar] was amazing last year, and then they add in Mark Ingram,” Burleson said. “We forget how strong and angry of a runner he is. … [The Ravens] are just getting started. I think people assume that Lamar Jackson isn’t going to pass the ball this year, and I will tell you right now you are wrong. He’s going to light up the skies and torch the ground like he did last year.”

“Put on 20 pounds of muscle over the offseason,” Hurst said. “I’m kind of on a mission this year. I’ve got a lot to prove.”

#2 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

Being 31 and him prob getting at least 4 real yrs and very expensive he is not worth it.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#3 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

No he's not worth it. Goes to show how desperate the D is for pass rushers.

Of course, any plan to solidify the passing game depends largely on how much Jackson improves as a passer in his second pro season. While he made some plays with his arm as a rookie, he wasn’t as consistently accurate as anyone wanted. He acknowledged to reporters earlier this month that he knew his mechanics needed work.

Jackson said he has been working on those mechanics and other aspects of his passing since February.

#4 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

8.5 is not worth it.  He must have been looking for a very large contract.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users