ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

There's always Hope

vmax

The Ravens Mount Rushmore of Quarterbacks....

tony-banks-trent-dilfer-kyle-boller-joe-

Here's to hoping that Lamar breaks this pattern....

Baltimore Ravens

Who qualifies for the Ravens?
-- Joe Flacco (2008-2018): 163 games | 96-67 | 0 Pro Bowls | 84.1 passer rating | 1 SB ring

Flacco holds every major Ravens passing record, throwing for four times as many touchdowns (212) as the next closest quarterback (Vinny Testaverde) in team history. Flacco's 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions in the 2012 playoffs en route to a Super Bowl win will forever be etched in team history. But so will his steady decline that followed. After the Ravens traded up to take Lamar Jackson in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft, Flacco was on borrowed time. A hip injury midway through the 2018 campaign opened the door for Jackson, who ran with his opportunity (literally), guiding the Ravens back to the playoffs after a three-year absence. Will Jackson develop into the Ravens' second ever franchise quarterback? Time will tell. For now, Flacco's still the best the Ravens have known under center.

Biggest QB misstep: Kyle Boller

Drafted 19th overall in 2003, Boller was supposed to be the team's answer to its constant QB woes. But the former Cal product never developed into the franchise passer Baltimore hoped, finishing his Ravens career with 45 touchdown passes and 44 picks in 42 starts. The Ravens' best record (13-3) during Boller's five-year tenure came in 2006, when Steve McNair started all 16 games for Baltimore.

Longest QB drought: 1996-2007

It's an understatement to say the Ravens have been a defense-first franchise during their 24-year history. Case in point: The team went 12-4 and won a Super Bowl with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer combining for 20 touchdown passes, 19 interceptions and a sub-75.0 passer rating. That the Ravens managed double-digit wins in years when Elvis Grbac and Boller were the team's leading passers, is a testament to the greatness of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs, et al.............http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031743/article/afc-north-franchise-quarterbacks-each-teams-greatest-passer

I was once the Ravens QB....

248510A700000578-2901828-image-m-14_1420

I'm really pulling for Lamar but I think we do need to go easy on his performance this year. I don't want to see the kid crucified if we don't make the playoffs. 2020 will be the year of decision.

Can't wait to see the new offense in action. Should be a very interesting year.

Yes sir...hope springs eternal...............

It’s evident that Jackson’s mechanics – a wider base, more consistent footwork, cleaner release – have all improved. There haven’t been as many wobbly passes as there were early in OTAs. Jackson still has some occasional misses, like any quarterback, but his accuracy was generally pretty strong in minicamp.

He had a few interceptions Wednesday but bounced back with perhaps his best day of the spring/summer on Thursday, in which he carved up Baltimore’s defense in a 7-on-7 red-zone drill with five touchdown passes to five different targets. Don’t forget, that’s against a secondary that might be the best in the NFL.

“I feel like they were pretty good today, just working, trying to be the best that I can be, but today was pretty outstanding, yes,” Jackson said.

“We have the No. 1 defense in the NFL. Our defense is running around to the ball, full speed, all 11 to the ball. … It’s hard to get big plays on our defense.”..........