ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sometimes I Wonder

oldno82

There are times when I wonder if RGIII should be the starting quarterback. Most times I want Lamar to start and do great. But if Lamar doesn't pan out in year 2 I wouldn't hesitate to put Griffin in and give him a chance. From what I've seen last year, he's no slouch. Nice to know too that if Lamar goes down RG is right behind him.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/if-he-gets-the-call-robert-griffin-iii-stays-ready-to-answer

There's nothing wrong with having 2 good QB's. It's desirable and creates good competition. Both QB's benefit.

Like DeCosta says, "Having two quarterbacks is essential in the NFL. There’s no faster way to ruin your season than to get your starting quarterback hurt and not having an effective backup quarterback. Your season is basically over at that point. We never want to be in that position again.”

I feel bad for RG3 and the career setbacks that he's had. I respect the way he has handled himself and his situation here. If he continues to develop' then he'll get his shot to start somewhere.

If RG3 started last year instead of Lamar then I don't think the Ravens would have won the division.

As long as Lamar is healthy, then they need to start him every game. He needs the experience. He's on the development curve. This is his year to get the passing game down. By next year he could be a star QB.

It would be really bad to blow his confidence.

He's going to surprise the league because he sees the whole filed and reads and reacts so fast.They will not be able to defend against him and all his options.

Let defenses play to stop the run.

There will be so many Ravens running in every direction, with speed size and power, that teams won't be able to keep up with it.

You heard it hear first! :gorave:

He has 2 really really good TE's. An explosive running game. Backs out of the backfield who can catch and take it to the house. And a well balanced receiving corps (yes unproven) with size, speed and hands. All of Lamars targets have good hands.\

It will be migraine week for the DC's who have to go up against the Ravens.

Nobody saw 2012 coming either.

Morning coffee has me fired up.

611a94e9f3c6d06bc8cdaf31f0f3807f.jpg

They couldn't stop the O last year...... with no passing attack.

That is being implemented this year....loaded with studs.

There is not one team in the NFL that the Ravens have no shot against. Not one.

Will they win them all?

No. There is Parity.

Right now this is a 9-11 win roster.

And they are motivated and hungry.

I don't have faith in Harbs to make the correct moves. He only does that when he is forced to.

With a 2nd bite at the apple the Chargers did stop it. With the tape DCs can break Lamar's game down. So if he hasn't gotten much better at throwing then they are in real trouble. I don't see better than 8 games.

I'm calling it 9 wins.

He's going to surprise the league because he sees the whole filed and reads and reacts so fast.They will not be able to defend against him and all his options.

Let defenses play to stop the run.

There will be so many Ravens running in every direction, with speed size and power, that teams won't be able to keep up with it.

You heard it hear first!

He has 2 really really good TE's. An explosive running game. Backs out of the backfield who can catch and take it to the house. And a well balanced receiving corps (yes unproven) with size, speed and hands. All of Lamars targets have good hands.\

It will be migraine week for the DC's who have to go up against the Ravens.

Max, did you ever think you or anyone else would say that about the Ravens receivers?? Perriman, Evans, and all the others with hands of stone. [cringe].

It wasn't simply their hands. So many of the older ones had lost a step.

Few had the will and tenacity of Steve Smith or Derick Mason.

This years camp competitions should be extremely interesting.