http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab3pos1

DJ Gallo of ESPN.com's Page 2...

Top 10 Defenses of All Time

4. 2000 Ravens

3. 2008 Steelers

2, 1985 Bears

1. 1976 Steelers

Let him have it, folks!

By the way... can anyone figure out why the Steelers defense is being called "Number One Across the Board" at every turn? They are #1 in total yards, passing yards and points. They are #2 in rushing yards, sacks. They are not too close to the top in turnovers. What gives?? Every where I go, they are the #1 defense statistically across the board... but again... not even ESPN's stat page is that skewed this season.

Who's DJ Gallo?

To me he's just a cheap whine.

That's just sorry reporting and research.

With 2 games to go, the Stealers D is already 27 points surrendered above the Ravens record of 165.

Early in the year when the Titan D was smoking, some writer put up an article that they could be the best ever. He pointed out their low point's surrendered...that they wouild smash the Ravens record. They are doing good, but they have yielded 32 more points than the 165 of the 2000 Ravens D...with 2 more games to go.

That record speaks for itself. There is no greater measeurement for the effectiveness and dominace of a defense than points surrendered.

They are not even in the 165 ballpark.

They might be #9 or 10...if they win the SB.

Who's DJ Gallo?

To me he's just a cheap whine.

That's just sorry reporting and research.

With 2 games to go, the Stealers D is already 27 points surrendered above the Ravens record of 165.

Early in the year when the Titan D was smoking, some writer put up an article that they could be the best ever. He pointed out their low point's surrendered...that they wouild smash the Ravens record. They are doing good, but they have yielded 32 more points than the 165 of the 2000 Ravens D...with 2 more games to go.

That record speaks for itself. There is no greater measeurement for the effectiveness and dominace of a defense than points surrendered.

They are not even in the 165 ballpark.

They might be #9 or 10...if they win the SB.

No shit. My take is the total points surrendered, too. 165 points means that you don't run into FG Range and grab 3 points. You don't let people score often, or even at all.

Have the Steelers pitched 4 shutouts this season? Nope. But the 2000 Ravens did. That's dominance.

Don't get me wrong, this Steelers team is good, but they're not the 2000 Ravens. Anything you read to the contrary is to help sell papers.