ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jeff Fisher leaves the Titans?

BaltimoarRavens

Will the Titans be better with, or without Jeff Fisher?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Depending on who they get, they might be better off without him. Fisher is the most overrated coach in the NFL. What has he done in Tennessee that makes him so great? One SB appearance in 16 seasons, and a bunch of let downs in the playoffs. If I was a Titan fan I would not be panicking right now.

So bad personnel moves are Fishers fault. I think many of the downturns over the yrs in Tenn have been because the FO sucks. I olny think they have been relevant because Fisher has been there as a stablizing force.

Really? He's been there 16 years and you don't think he deserves any culpability for the inconsistency they've displayed during his tenure? They've had GM changes during his time there as a coach - he's been the one constant. They've also had plenty of talent. McNair, George, Haynesworth, Bulluck, Vanden Bosh, Rolle, Wycheck, Mason.

He never wanted Vince Young and I think VY proved why he was right. When they got to the limits of the cap after 2004 they lost Mason, Rolle, and Keven Carter. But their Fo was smart trying to rebuild with Pac Man Jones, Mike Roos, Courtney Roby, and Roydell Williams. So basically since they lost the players from their hay day the FO has been about useless.

He never wanted Vince Young and I think VY proved why he was right. When they got to the limits of the cap after 2004 they lost Mason, Rolle, and Keven Carter. But their Fo was smart trying to rebuild with Pac Man Jones, Mike Roos, Courtney Roby, and Roydell Williams. So basically since they lost the players from their hay day the FO has been about useless.

I know he didn't want Vince Young, and the point is not whether he was right or wrong (and the verdict is still out) but how he handled Young while he was there. He blew their chances at a postseason last year by sticking with a winless Kerry Collins for 6 weeks even though Young gave the Titans the best chance to win. Finally Bud Adams forces him to switch to Young and they win 8 of their last 10 and barely miss the playoffs. Even when he had good players that he wanted he didn't accomplish anything of note. A below .500 postseason record is not the front offices fault. I just don't see why everyone thinks he's a great coach.

http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Whoever-replaces-Jeff-Fisher-set-to-make-around-25-million-14095

While the Titans continue the search for their next head coach, TitanInsider has learned that whoever lands the job can probably expect about $2.5 million per season for the gig.

While a decent amount, it is far less than Jeff Fisher was scheduled to make $6.5 million for 2011 before he and the Titans decided to part ways. Fisher received a buyout plus about $6 million in deferred money when he departed. Also, owner Bud Adams is on the hook for defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil's 2011 salary, which is believed to be around $1 million.

It also helps to explain why the Titans never bothered to pursue any of the usual suspects like Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden for the position.

Currently, the Titans have offensive line coach Mike Munchak, offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger in the running for the job, as well as Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey and New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell scheduled to interview as well.

Other than Mularkey, who was head coach of the Buffalo Bills for two seasons, all the other candidates would be first-time head coaches in the NFL. Fewell, however, was interim coach for the Bills at the end of the 2009 season.