ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Thru a Sea of Alcohol

cravnravn

If NE loses we basically clinch. The only reason we don't clinch is if Jets and Miami Tie next week, than they both are in, and the Ravens are left out.

There's no way that the Cardinals will win. They're a one-and-done playoff team -- what a joke. The NFC West sucks.

New England has already won today.

Miami is losing to KC, but we know that won't hold up.

It might, KC has been playing pretty well lately, and the game is in Arrowhead. However, the Jets are playing the Seahawks tonight. :P

The Jets play Miami next week, and the Pats are playing the Bills. If Miami loses today, and beat the Jets next week, we are in regardless of what we or New England do. Nevertheless, next week looks like a must-win for us.

It might, KC has been playing pretty well lately, and the game is in Arrowhead. However, the Jets are playing the Seahawks tonight. :P

The Jets play Miami next week, and the Pats are playing the Bills. If Miami loses today, and beat the Jets next week, we are in regardless of what we or New England do. Nevertheless, next week looks like a must-win for us.

I was at the game in Camarohead a few Decembers ago where the Ravens beat the Chiefs... a Chiefs fan friend of mine told me that KC hasn't lost at home in December in like 7 seasons (until us, of course).

So who knows, maybe it'll happen?

(and I hope that post made sense. nursing a hangover and watching cheeseburger white rush in a TD)

Hey Steve, we going back to Indy :unsure:

I don't know 1) if I could afford tickets - we'd be swimming upstream against a legion of bandwagoners; 2) if I'd be in any state to drive home the 4 hours if we didn't win.

Of course, seeing Flacco, McClain, McGahee and the defense pick apart the Colts in the playoffs would be priceless.

Hey Cleet..The Jets are losing..We cant be tied with the Jets for the 6th seed, they own the tiebreaker?

Yes, I believe so. Assuming we lose next week and the Jets win next week, they would own the tie breaker due to a better conference record (they play the Dolphins next week, a win would put them at 8-5 in the conference, and a loss by us would put us at 7-6).

Honestly, I am confused by all the other possibilities. Hopefully somoene will analyze and be able to explain all the possibilities after the Jets game. If we win next week, are we automatically in? I am hearing Maurice Jones-Drew possibly will not play next week, which would be a boost for us.

Crav, here is what I do know:

Root for Miami to win next week. Assuming we win, we would own the tiebreaker over New England (who will most definitely beat Buffalo), and we would face Miami (the AFC East champs and #4 seed) in the first round. Can you imagine an 11-5 team not making the playoffs?

Crav, here is what I do know:

Root for Miami to win next week. Assuming we win, we would own the tiebreaker over New England (who will most definitely beat Buffalo), and we would face Miami (the AFC East champs and #4 seed) in the first round. Can you imagine an 11-5 team not making the playoffs?

The Pats being the team to miss out would be grand!

Ravens win next week, they are in.

If Ravens Lose......

1. and the Jets beat miami and NE win's = NE wins the east and Jets would get wildcard over us.

2. and the Dolphins beat jets and NE win = Dolphins win the east and NE would get wildcard

3. Dolphins beat jets and NE loses = Dolphins win east and Ravens get wildcard

4. Jets beat Dolphins and NE loses = Jets win the East and Ravens get wildcard

I think this is how it would pan out. Root for Miami regardless b/c I don't want to have to go to NE and play them at home.

Last night was the big hurdle to the playoffs. Next Sunday...little hurdle.

This 2008 Ravens team will take their home closing game vs the Jags very seriously.

They will make the playoffs. So....We're in for some fun the next few weeks. :)

What a magical season!...none of us saw this comming last August.