ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time change

BMoreHon

Yes

Chargers, Broncos will play for AFC West crown Sunday night

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers will play for the AFC West title in prime time.

Next Sunday's game between the rivals in San Diego has been moved from 4:15 p.m. ET to 8:15 p.m. and will be televised by NBC as part of the NFL's flexible scheduling.

The Miami Dolphins-New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars-Baltimore Ravens games will move to 4:15 p.m. ET on CBS and the Dallas Cowboys-Philadelphia Eagles game will move to 4:15 p.m. ET on FOX, the NFL announced Monday.

The Broncos blew an early 13-point lead and lost to the Buffalo Bills 30-23 on Sunday in the second-coldest game in Denver's history. It set up an all-or-nothing game against the Chargers for the division title and a playoff berth after San Diego routed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 41-24 earlier in the day.

The Broncos (8-7) led the Chargers (7-8) by three games with three to go but now face the possibility of having led the AFC West by themselves from opening weekend through Christmas and missing the playoffs.

Flex scheduling was instituted with the new television contract in 2005 to allow more attractive games to be switched to prime time in the last two months of the season.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Good. New England plays Buffalo at 1PM. So if by the slightest chance New England loses, we will know whether or not we will have clinched a playoff spot by the time we play at 4PM (if New England loses, we are in no matter what). Nevertheless, we still need to take care of business next week. We need to keep the momentum going into the playoffs, and of course, win the last home game of the season! Also, 11-5 looks a whole lot better than 10-6.

I don't like 4 o'clock starts but I hate 8pm starts.

Here's the advanced weather forecast...

Sunday

Dec 28 AM Rain

Hi: 62° Lo: 28°

Cloudy with drizzle. High 62F and low 28F. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

Glad it's not today...cold, windy and the wind chill! The playoff game against Denver in 2000 was like this.

Then there was that late December game vs the Vikings on a freezing cold night...fortunately a lady kept the fans in my section warm by giving us an occasional 'flash'...:)

Edited by vmax

Good. New England plays Buffalo at 1PM. So if by the slightest chance New England loses, we will know whether or not we will have clinched a playoff spot by the time we play at 4PM (if New England loses, we are in no matter what). Nevertheless, we still need to take care of business next week. We need to keep the momentum going into the playoffs, and of course, win the last home game of the season! Also, 11-5 looks a whole lot better than 10-6.

If NE loses, Jets win, and we lose..... jets would take the wildcard based on tiebreaker.

Regardless, I much rather play the jets or dolphins than have to travel to NE and play moss and welker.

This is better post:

Ravens win next week, they are in.

If Ravens Lose......

1. Jets beat miami and NE win's = NE wins the east and Jets would get wildcard over us.

2. Dolphins beat jets and NE win = Dolphins win the east and NE would get wildcard

3. Dolphins beat jets and NE loses = Dolphins win east and Ravens get wildcard

4. Jets beat Dolphins and NE loses = Jets win the East and Ravens get wildcard

I think this is how it would pan out. Root for Miami regardless b/c I don't want to have to go to NE and play them at home.

I think this is how it would pan out. Root for Miami regardless b/c I don't want to have to go to NE and play them at home.

I'm rooting for Miami regardless because I think they're the worst team of the three.

I don't think we'll have any problem at all playing in sunny Florida in January.

I'm rooting for Miami regardless because I think they're the worst team of the three.

I don't think we'll have any problem at all playing in sunny Florida in January.

Me too. They have no home field advantage with a silent crowd.