ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 9

deeshopper

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game looks bad because their defenses are so good keep watch.

Not buying that JT. How about both offenses aren't up to snuff.

Based on precedent (which means nothing in NFL at the moment), Ray should be okay... he kept his head up, he kept his feet on the ground, and he was clearly leading with his arms and shoulder. Now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fine - because, again, precedent means nothing these days. But it was a very clean hit, at least by most standards.

He didn't "go" helmet to helmet. The hit became helmet to helmet. Harrison whines about getting fined, but in several cases has not followed the guideline to keep his helmet and shoulders up, as to hopefully (though not certainly) avoid such hits. Harrison did get screwed at least once on a penalty or fine where he kept his head up, but the key they say they look for is where the head, shoulders and eyes are.

Even Pollard a few weeks ago for the Ravens... I knew he was in trouble, even though I didn't agree with the penalty in the first place, because his helmet was down.

I said I agree.

By the way... Case in point... Ryan Clark lowers his head on the way into the hit. Flag. Easy. Eyes up and he likely could have avoided the helmet. Eyes down and he puts the crown of his helmet into the facemask.

When they showed Cundiffs 0-7 from 50+ I knew he'd make it... :gorave:

9-6...should be 13-6 but the Refs needed to give the Steelers 4 points to help with the home field advantage.

All the announcers and Dingie are Steeler hommies

Nice game so far for the Ravens secondary.

Ravens are 7-11 on 3rd down...difference in this game.

TOP in Ravens favor ...18 to 12...that should help.

Torry Smith had 1 great catch but drops 2 others...got to do better.

Only as much as you do. I think they borderline took two touchdowns away on that opening drive. An early whistle (for no reason, really - if he was down, he'd be down) and a pretty lame holding flag on that opening play.