ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Good Luck this Sunday

fozzi58

Guys:

Just stopping in to wish everybody a good game. I'm still very happy Rex is my HC. So thanks again for that. Here's to a good game - no injuries.

Unfortunately, the Ravens trolls are infesting my board already talking about how its gonna be a blow out, and the Jets have no chance. Just wanted to give my thoughts on the game from a sensible intelligent football perspective.

I think Balt has the edge D vs Jets O. Without Mangold, its going to be a long day. I can see Sanchez running for his life a lot. Don't know what happened to the OLine this year. 2 years at or near #1 and a sharp drop off this year. I still think the lockout had a lot to do with it.

Jets only chance of scoring is Mark airing it out. Balt's secondary - sans Reed - is susceptible.

Jets secondary is its strength. Wilson is much improved, Strickland is healthy for 3 games - which is a lot, and we have no idea what Cro is going to do. I see a lot of Joe to Rice dump offs.

This will not be a blowout. I still believe these two teams play much the same way - its in their DNA. Its gonna be a slug-fest.

However, I have to think with the Ravens improved OLine, I don't think the Jets are going to rattle Joe much like they did to Giselle in the playoffs.

Ravens 13- Jets 10

Guys:

Just stopping in to wish everybody a good game. I'm still very happy Rex is my HC. So thanks again for that. Here's to a good game - no injuries.

Unfortunately, the Ravens trolls are infesting my board already talking about how its gonna be a blow out, and the Jets have no chance. Just wanted to give my thoughts on the game from a sensible intelligent football perspective.

I think Balt has the edge D vs Jets O. Without Mangold, its going to be a long day. I can see Sanchez running for his life a lot. Don't know what happened to the OLine this year. 2 years at or near #1 and a sharp drop off this year. I still think the lockout had a lot to do with it.

Jets only chance of scoring is Mark airing it out. Balt's secondary - sans Reed - is susceptible.

Jets secondary is its strength. Wilson is much improved, Strickland is healthy for 3 games - which is a lot, and we have no idea what Cro is going to do. I see a lot of Joe to Rice dump offs.

This will not be a blowout. I still believe these two teams play much the same way - its in their DNA. Its gonna be a slug-fest.

However, I have to think with the Ravens improved OLine, I don't think the Jets are going to rattle Joe much like they did to Giselle in the playoffs.

Ravens 13- Jets 10

My bro n law is a huge Jets fan, I'm from upstate NY. (The real upstate, not just north of the city lol) I think it'll be a good game, but I think the Ravens pull away late, Ravens 23-Jets 9. I don't think the Jets sniff the end zone this week due to heavy blitzes and the Ravens ability to stop the run.

However, as I've stated in another of my posts here, I've seen alot of Sanchez, he has a beautiful deep ball. If the Ravens lapse on defense, he can beat them deep.

I think the Ravens are going to have their hands full. Flacco will be rushed heavily and our defensive secondary will have problems against Sanchez, Holmes, and Burress. Not ready to make a prediction yet as to the score but I've got my doubts.

I expect a very intense effort from the Jets for several reasons.

They know the Ravens are very physical and after Oakland pushed them around, they know they'll get slaughtered if they don't whip up the physicality and speed.

They have not played well and the next stretch of games will be their season. It's murderers row: Ravens, Pats, Dolphins, Chargers, Bills and Pats. The way they are playing they could very well be out of it by mid November.

So I expect a hard fought, intense close game.

I think the Ravens win because the Jets couldn't get to Campbell and they won't get to Joe. Until the Jets find a way stop the run, teams like the Ravens with road grading lines will bury them. An intense, focused effort here will help the Jets stay in the game. Without that, they're done.

The Ravens D should gobble up the Jets O line, stop the run and make Sanchez look like Bradford did last week.

The potential for a Ravens blow out is very real looking at the matchups but I think we'll see the 2011 version of the Jets at their best...so it will be close.