ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Playoffs Baby!

vmax

Guest BallTMore

BOOYAH! Love it!

And I love that we can make a good run while in the playoffs. We're not just a stepping stone for another team (Cough Denver/SD). We can play with any team in the playoffs!

Ed Reed needs some votes for DPOY. He is amazing! I will laugh for a long time at him pitching the ball to Haloti! :lol:

Hey Ballt!

Reed was hilarious...but you know he has to stop droping the ball...but who's going to tell him he runs interceptions back wrong?...:)

Hellov'a game today...blink and this Ravens team will score in bunches.

How about the Suggs package 3 plays in a row!

Then with a minute 36 left on the clock Del Rio calls a time out! Fine...Harbaugh (probably pissed..."You want to play like that Jack!") let's his dogs loose and the Ravens are down at the 5 with 3 seconds...I didn't see Del Rio call a time out then! :D

44260277.jpg

SO...The Ravens road is Miami then Tenneessee...right? That's all that is certain if the Ravens beat the Phish.

'Oh Yea Aaaa Well noooo... I don't have a super model slut girlfriend just yet..."

44260451.jpg

I would imagine they'll give the award to Ware.

The second half of the season has been all Ed Reed, though. Four two-INT games, three TDs!

Ware has had a great season, but if it came down to an OLB, I believe James Harrison is more deserving. He has comparable sack numbers, but has been a better all-around player on a better defense. Ware goes out on a bad note for a team that did not make the playoffs and is currently seen as falling apart.

I think it comes down to Reed and Harrison, as both guys are on teams that made the playoffs and are on the #2 and #1 defenses respectfully.

SO...The Ravens road is Miami then Tenneessee...right? That's all that is certain if the Ravens beat the Phish.

'Oh Yea Aaaa Well noooo... I don't have a super model slut girlfriend just yet..."

44260451.jpg

:lol:

I would imagine they'll give the award to Ware.

The second half of the season has been all Ed Reed, though. Four two-INT games, three TDs!

Ware has had a great season, but if it came down to an OLB, I believe James Harrison is more deserving. He has comparable sack numbers, but has been a better all-around player on a better defense. Ware goes out on a bad note for a team that did not make the playoffs and is currently seen as falling apart.

I think it comes down to Reed and Harrison, as both guys are on teams that made the playoffs and are on the #2 and #1 defenses respectfully.

So... uh...

LETS GO TO MIAMI!

Miami is another game I see as one "we should win." We have not lost a game we should have won all season. Once again, I do not expect anything to change next week. In fact, I am calling a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***! Things will get interesting when we play the Titans.

I like the match up with Miami....Ravens chances are very good to make it to the second round.

What's with the Titans...lost last week...shut out this week...maybe the Ravens have a safe road ahead.

Game notes

The Ravens finished with an NFL-best 26 interceptions, including 16 over the past eight games. ... Mason went over 10,000 yards receiving for his career. ... Garrard passed for only 127 yards. He needed 147 to tie Mark Brunell for second place on the team's single-season list.

Think Bredon was pumped up a little?...:)

44260901.jpg

I've never understood that. Isn't it better to be more successful on a bad defense? It's much harder to make plays when no one else around you can do so.

If anyone's interested, Flacco will finish with an exactly 60% completion percentage, and 80.3 QB rating.

I've never understood that. Isn't it better to be more successful on a bad defense? It's much harder to make plays when no one else around you can do so.

If anyone's interested, Flacco will finish with an exactly 60% completion percentage, and 80.3 QB rating.

You are right, my logic is faulty. I guess my point is that Dallas has just as much talent on defense as us or the Steelers. When it comes down to it, has Ware's impact, not on his own defense, but on the game in general been as great as Reed's or Harrison's? I am not so sure. It is close, but between Reed's INTs and touchdowns and Harrison's ridiculous amount of forced fumbles and tackles for a pass rushing OLB, I do not think Ware has been as much of a gamechanger.

Good stuff on Flacco! A 60% completion percentage certainly looks better than a 59.9%, and an 80 QB rating looks a lot better than a 79.9. Good numbers for a rookie, and will certainly be something to build on.

Boy, watching Flacco complete deep pass after deep pass was encouraging. I believe Clayton can eventually develop into a Derrick Mason clone (remember, Mason had a similar ability to get deep as Clayton when Mason was younger). Mason's impact on Clayton has been great, and it will continue to be until Mason is ready to hang 'em up. At that point, I fully expect Mark to be ready to step into D-Mase's role. Just get Flacco a tall deep threat, and with Clayton, Flacco should have some solid receivers to pass to for years to come.

The hell with Ware...Who had a bigger impact last week? Him or Reed?

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens are in...Dallas however, is in "the weeping and knashing of teeth"!

Now......Don't hijack my thread!!!!! :)

You are right, my logic is faulty. I guess my point is that Dallas has just as much talent on defense as us or the Steelers. When it comes down to it, has Ware's impact, not on his own defense, but on the game in general been as great as Reed's or Harrison's? I am not so sure. It is close, but between Reed's INTs and touchdowns and Harrison's ridiculous amount of forced fumbles and tackles for a pass rushing OLB, I do not think Ware has been as much of a gamechanger.

I wasn't pointing out you in particular at all. It's really a commonly held thought that the best defensive player (or offensive, really) should be from the best team, and I've never been able to comprehend that. If a player with 20 sacks on a poor defense and a player with 22 sacks on a great defense are both up for DPOY, isn't it obvious that the 20 sack player should win (ignoring other stats, etc.)? He's getting his sacks without his teammates' proper blocking, without the threat of great coverage, and things like that.

It's just one of those things that annoys me. :P

However, DPOY usually doesn't go by much logic. The "best all-around player" usually isn't the winner. It's usually the one with the most gaudy stats in one specific category. Ware definitely best fits that mold this season, and I think he'll be very high in voting. The media attention Harrison has received will undoubtedly help him, though.

I don't see Reed winning it.

I wasn't pointing out you in particular at all. It's really a commonly held thought that the best defensive player (or offensive, really) should be from the best team, and I've never been able to comprehend that. If a player with 20 sacks on a poor defense and a player with 22 sacks on a great defense are both up for DPOY, isn't it obvious that the 20 sack player should win (ignoring other stats, etc.)? He's getting his sacks without his teammates' proper blocking, without the threat of great coverage, and things like that.

It's just one of those things that annoys me. :P

However, DPOY usually doesn't go by much logic. The "best all-around player" usually isn't the winner. It's usually the one with the most gaudy stats in one specific category. Ware definitely best fits that mold this season, and I think he'll be very high in voting. The media attention Harrison has received will undoubtedly help him, though.

I don't see Reed winning it.

You are right, the DPOY is usually the player with the most gaudy stat. However, that is only if that one stat blows the next high number out of the water. I believe Harrison's 16 sacks (in 15 games) are comparable enough to Ware's 20 sacks (16 games) that you have to consider the rest of the stats. Of course, Ed Reed's league leading INT's have been publicized enough because of his return yardage and TD's that he will have to be considered for DPOY.

As for Ware, remember, the Cowboys led the league in sacks. Greg Ellis and Bradie James had 8 sacks, Jay Ratliff had 7.5 sacks. Now, you can spin this as Ware created opportunities for them, or vice-versa (probably a little bit of both). However, the bottom line is that Ware hardly played for a bad defense. Not every player can get 7+ sacks, no matter how good of a player lines up on the other side of them. If I had to guess, I would say Harrison wins the award. He has received a large amount of publicity, has the stats, and plays for the media's favorite sweethart :P .

I will tell you what. Us running for 265 yards on the Cowboys defense on primetime will not help Ware any (even if it was not his fault) :D

I guess Flacco could not get them all, he finished 3 yards short of his first career 300-yard game, and 29-yards short of a 3,000-yard season (which would have put him in elite company for a rookie).

The logic that goes into the award is the same as that for Most Valuable Player. Even though it isn't called 'Most Valuable Defender' the media votes for the player that has made the greatest impact on a winning team. I'd have to give it to Harrison myself because that guy makes plays all over the field. Ware is a pass rusher, and get's alot in part because the Cowboys blitz more then anyone in the NFL. You also have to look at the fact the 'Boys are falling apart and with that in mind it goes to Harrison. I do think Ed Reed gets 2nd though haha.