ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Here ya go Force

BeenAround

With big game, Walker lets his play do the talking

By Edward Lee

This season, Frank Walker had garnered more attention for his mouth - talking and otherwise - than his skills as a cornerback.

Walker got a chance to demonstrate why the Ravens coveted him in the offseason as he led the defense with six solo tackles, forced a fumble and broke up two passes in the Ravens' 27-7 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars at M&T Bank Stadium yesterday.

"Whenever [defensive coordinator Rex Ryan] calls on me, I try to be ready," said Walker, who signed two-year, $3.5 million deal in March. "They prepared me good all week. Basically, it was just like practice."

Article

mmmm... against a hodgepoge of crappy receivers walker and ivy finally step up...

now we'll only be screwed when he has to line up against someone like Ted Ginn Jr... oh wait... that's this week.

We need Fabian back.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Pennington's arm has been pretty solid since the Dolphins played us. He's thrown for 3400 yards this season... and yes, mostly on shorter routes... but he is able to find and hit his targets downfield when he needs to.

It's not my number one concern, but I'm not exactly thrilled about playing a team and QB that have won 9 of 10 since we last played them...

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Pennington's arm has been pretty solid since the Dolphins played us. He's thrown for 3400 yards this season... and yes, mostly on shorter routes... but he is able to find and hit his targets downfield when he needs to.

It's not my number one concern, but I'm not exactly thrilled about playing a team and QB that have won 9 of 10 since we last played them...

We have the best matchup of any team playing next weekend, we will take care of business. 30-10 Ravens

LOL!

Brian: Do you think the Ravens will keep cornerback Frank Walker for the 2009 season? He lacks discipline and looks out of place on this team. He doesn't appear to be drinking the new Kool-Aid. Do you agree?

Mike Preston: I bet none of the Ravens drink Kool-Aid. They make too much money for that stuff.

But I think Walker is gone. He is out there, and can travel into space without a spaceship. The Ravens' secondary, though, is full of a lot of characters in Walker, Reed, Chris McAlister and Fabian Washington. That's part of the reason I have nominated Carrier for the coaches unsung hero award. He is coaching in the nut house.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...0,7947280.story

:D