ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

McGahee Starts Trouble

RavensNest8483

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Raises Hand*

Listen, we've had this talk before. Lots of people say, "Things are going good... who cares?"

I say, things are going good... you have to WORK to keep them that way.

I'm happy to have Willis here and willing/able to run right now... but I want to know the players on my team and I want to know who's really a team player. Next season, or as early as next week, Willis is on my cut list.

*Raises Hand*

Listen, we've had this talk before. Lots of people say, "Things are going good... who cares?"

I say, things are going good... you have to WORK to keep them that way.

I'm happy to have Willis here and willing/able to run right now... but I want to know the players on my team and I want to know who's really a team player. Next season, or as early as next week, Willis is on my cut list.

It's called MEDIA HYPE.

Go back to training camp and all the media dogged Willis about how he really isn't hurt he was just getting out of camp, he was soft. I am not a Willis fan but I am not going to help the media put food on their tables.

It's called MEDIA HYPE.

Go back to training camp and all the media dogged Willis about how he really isn't hurt he was just getting out of camp, he was soft. I am not a Willis fan but I am not going to help the media put food on their tables.

Every negative thing said about a player... every thing reported out of a camp or on radio... it's not ALL hype.

Yeah, there is plenty of hype out there. But no one has been ASKING for reasons to hate Willis.

Willis has a reputation in this league. He had it long before he came to Baltimore. He doesn't like to work over the off-season. He doesn't keep himself in shape. He skips camps, he skips training... he shows up out of shape and lazy. Every year.

That's not hype. That's how it is.

So when a player who has that reputation, says he doesn't want to come to camp because he's injured... you can bet there is speculation about it being a bit uncertain.

Willis gets hurt so often and breaks down so often because he doesn't keep himself in the same kind of shape other guys do. And for him to go ahead and blame Harbaugh for working him too hard or the other coaches... it's childish.

(Almost forgot): Read the part where Schmuck blasts him for not showing up to voluntary camps.

This isn't being reported by every last news source and talked out the wazoo (yet). This is Schmuck. And Schmuck, despite the name, I actually respect. He's pretty level and pretty consistent in his critiques.

DC it is all hype.

We all know what Willis is and how he thinks, you knows this, I know this, we all know this, we knew it before the deal was made. Now do you, I and the rest of us need the media to point it out to us?

The Baltimore media went crazy when that deal was done, some came off vacation cause they knew they had a meal. Billick and Willis in the same town, oh joy.

DC it is all hype.

We all know what Willis is and how he thinks, you knows this, I know this, we all know this, we knew it before the deal was made. Now do you, I and the rest of us need the media to point it out to us?

The Baltimore media went crazy when that deal was done, some came off vacation cause they knew they had a meal. Billick and Willis in the same town, oh joy.

That doesn't mean it's not news or not worth mentioning when Willis goes out and flaunts about it. And flaunts about how his coach's system... the system that got them to 11-5 with a rookie QB and a FB/RB...

agreed! this is a lame article. Get a life Schmuck.... your name is schmuck. Stop tryin to stir the pot up to draw attention away from your horribly embarrassing last name.

Now I'm really gonna sound like a Schmuck lover... but first, it wasn't an article. It's his blog. His job is to mention these things when they come up so we all know about them. It's not the same as running onto the 5pm news with it.

Second, if you know Schmuck, you know he embraces his name.

DC it is all hype.

Aside from that, it's more than common for players and new coaches to have a difference in philosophy, and it affects one or the other, depending on the performances of each.

It happens. It also isn't reason to cut the guy. Cool your jets, folks.

Poor performance... poor attitude... poor work ethic... and now calling out his dislike of his coach's system (which we all knew he had, but why say it?)

This is what I don't get... if those things... all together, even... aren't enough to send someone packing... then what is?

Poor performance... poor attitude... poor work ethic... and now calling out his dislike of his coach's system (which we all knew he had, but why say it?)

This is what I don't get... if those things... all together, even... aren't enough to send someone packing... then what is?

Like I said DC, the whole world knew what Willis was about, even before the deal was done. Are you really that surprised about Willis saying he didn't like the way the coaching staff wanted him to workout? And if you get down to it that is all he really said.

You think anyone in the building is surprised at all that Willis would say something?

I say Willis said the samething on that show that he said to the coaching staff, the trainers, the GM, the owner, the rest of the players and even the water boy.

Any NFL fan knows the sun comes up in the east.

Apparently, he reluctantly changed his style and his offseason weight regimen to conform to Harbaugh's program, and now feels that's the root of his injury issues and his inconsistency.

"I didn't want to change it,'' he said during the radio interview, "but when you have a new coach and they've got a perception of you, you've got to try and change to stay on the good side of them."

Sorry, but that opinion would carry a whole lot more weight with me if Willis had felt the same pressure to show up at more of the voluntary OTAs.

That is ridiculous, and I completely agree with Schmuck. How are you going to call out Harbaugh's training program when you did not even show up for workouts? I have been a supporter of Willis, but if he is going to pull this crap, goodbye!

I still think Willis can be an excellent back for us if he gets his head on straight. However, it looks like he still has not gotten the message. Ray Rice is essentially a smaller Willis with a much better work ethic, we do not need Willis. Ray paired with McClain is more than enough for us (although this may require us to draft a true fullback when Neal retires).

I'm just honestly disappointed that everyone is freaking out about this. When I saw the headline I was expecting some heavy shit, not "I think the regime has caused my injuries." For christ's sake, he's hardly mouthing off. Granted, he shouldn't have said anything, and he picked a terrible time TO say this, but this is not even news worthy in my opinion. The guy is here to stay with his cap number, and we ned to keep his confidence up because of this fact, not trash him or say we should cut him.

I'm just honestly disappointed that everyone is freaking out about this. When I saw the headline I was expecting some heavy shit, not "I think the regime has caused my injuries." For christ's sake, he's hardly mouthing off. Granted, he shouldn't have said anything, and he picked a terrible time TO say this, but this is not even news worthy in my opinion. The guy is here to stay with his cap number, and we ned to keep his confidence up because of this fact, not trash him or say we should cut him.

Keep his confidence up? Not trash him? Are you serious? He is a professional football player who makes millions of dollars, he shouldn't care about what I say about him. He should care about winning and getting better, which seems to me that is the least on his mind.

People like you are exactly why TO and players alike, pull this crybaby shit and get away with it. They think that they can do whatever they want, grow up.