ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

New Weapon for the Ravens next season. Burress ?

moonman

First time back on the forum since last year. Hence I have a new ID cuz the old one did not stay for whatever reason. Used to be 'fromthemoon'.

Anyway. Happy holidays and playoffs. Very tough year for me from both a medical and financial aspect (even the seat licenses had to go :( ) I have been watchin every game and made a few too even so.

I am sure the idea of the Ravens getting a beastly physical WR has been brought up at some point. Does not take a

genious to realize that would be one desirable weapon for the Ravens near future.

For me, the best heavy duty WRs in the NFL are Andre Johnson from Houston and Larry Fitzgerald from Arizona. I watch those guys and they add an incredible dimension to the offensive structure.

I was wondering if Plaxico Burress is released from the Giants and does not do time ..... if he might be worth a gamble for a Ravens FA pickup. He is not in the same exact mold as Johnson or Fitzgerald but might be as close as one could find next season. What are your thoughts?

Plus, for you college football followers, is there anyone coming up in the draft within the Ravens reach that might fit the Big, physical, athletic WR mold. We had a 6'6 receiever for a while... Clarence Moore, I think. But he was not talented nor athletic.

I know Burress is not the perfect citizen. But I don't see him being in the 'Cancer' class once he gets back. Just the opposite possibly, if given a break.

Can you imagine if we could add a beastly WR to our emerging offence?

Welcome back. I can change your username back if you'd like. And, to answer your question: NO!

No need to change. Thanks. I knew this would be a flamed idea. For some reason I think the Ravens might have good luck with one bad actor. Since we avoided TO and a few others to our relief. The age 31 does not bother me. I am wishing for something that might not be possible to find. But the guy gives you that big physical target. Did I say 'Target'. ehh.. your probubly your right.

No thanks on Burress. Too much hassel, too old, too injured (his ankles are shot, no pun intended :D). We need a young, tall deep threat that can grow with Joe. I believe Clayton will be good enough to develop into a Derrick Mason-type possession receiver, and step in to Derrick's role flawlessly when Derrick retires. We just need to get a deep threat that can go up and nab passes across from Mark/Derrick.

We have tried to draft receivers in the past with minimal success. Id like us to go get a proven receiver. SOmeone with a nice track record. Like anquan boldin, although he is going to cost us 10x more than a rooie would at least we know we are going to get production.

Anyone know what happened to chad jackson? He was a monster in college, huge frame, strong as a bull but rode the patriots bench for a few seasons. Id like to see what he can do.

If he gets cut and we can sign him to a cheap, incentive-laden deal, I'm all for it. I agree Clayton is emerging and Mason has a few more years left, but we need a big WR and Burress has potential. I'd rather give him a shot then using a draft pick on a WR, which rarely turns out the way you expect it to.

We have tried to draft receivers in the past with minimal success. Id like us to go get a proven receiver. SOmeone with a nice track record. Like anquan boldin, although he is going to cost us 10x more than a rooie would at least we know we are going to get production.

Anyone know what happened to chad jackson? He was a monster in college, huge frame, strong as a bull but rode the patriots bench for a few seasons. Id like to see what he can do.

chad Jackson plays for the broncos now.

It took us awhile to draft the right QB :D

Or Percy Harvin.

-Draft Percy Harvin

Okay...GOD NO to Plaxico Burress.

As for Percy Harvin...yea he is a great college WR and has speed but he is really not that much different from what we have already in Mason and Clayton. All three are the same height and bring the same thing to the table.

The potential ideal scenario would be to maybe take Darrius Heyward-Bey from Maryland in the 1st round or hope that Kenny Britt from Rutgers falls to us in the 2nd. The only knock on Britt is that he is a bit too cocky but it seems like most of the great WRs are like that. Not to mention he is 6'4'' and extremely productive. Perhaps we could just trade out of the 1st round all together into the top 10 of the 2nd round select Britt and pick up an additional 3rd or 4th round pick.

Harvin is a little on the small size. We need a guy who can stretch the field, but at the same time go up and grab passes. Then again, so does almost every team in this league. Heyward-Bey of UMD sounds like an interesting prospect with his size/speed combination who could drop to us. He is listed at 6'2" 206 pounds, and reportedly ran a 4.23 at UMD (UMD has it listed as their school record for 40 time).

However, the reason he could be around in the late first round is because of his lack of production in college. Yes, he never really had the QB and he could end up being a better pro than a collegiate player, but Calvin Johnson never had the QB either and he still dominated college football. Still, Heyward-Bey is an interesting prospect. By the way, Heyward-Bey is a local kid, he went to high school in Owings Mills.