ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

You Can Have Cam Cameron

oggieman

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I read with amusement the posts here on Ravens Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron- as well as the Sun's article today entitled "Where He belongs". Never before have the following words had so much meaning: "one man's trash can be another man's treasure". Now, I'll admit that he as done a wonderful job with the Ravens this year and with Flacco in particular. And he did a real good job with the Chargers offense when he was their coordinator, never mind that he never won a playoff game as an offensive coordinator. But this guy has said and done things that are so far beyond the realm of rationality that I would never want him coaching my team in the playoffs---which is probably why his so-called high potent offenses with San Diego lost both playoff games and choked in critical situations.

Cam Cameron said these following words to describe what he hoped for last year in Miami's exhibition games: "fail forward fast". According to the Elias Sports Buraeu, no NFL head coach has ever said anything more idiotic. And Cam Cameron is the only head football coach to voluntarily relinquish coaching duites for a game and let his assistants coach the entire game by themselves, even though he was totally fine and on the sidelines. With all due respect to a very good and respectable man, these are not the words and actions of a person dealing with a full deck.

Tommorrow's game figures to be a tough game with two tough defenses. The Ravens D is the best in my opinion--a bunch of tough thieves. But the Miami D is doing a very good imitation of the ravens D---and in the last 5 games Miami led the NFL in takeaways and had one more than the Ravens D. And of course since 1970, NFL rookie QBs starting a playoff game have lost 75% of the time. Add the facts that Miami set the record for fewest turnovers in the NFL, and Miami is led by the most accurate passer in NFL history, and it becomes obvious that turnovers and mistakes are going to be the key to this game.

And in tommorrow's game there is going to be a key moment when Flacco needs to make a play. At that moment in time, I gotta tell you that I will be feeling extra good knowing that The Miami Mafia (Sporano and Pasqualoni) and the Miami D is going up against Cam Cameron and a rookie QB. And I am sure you feel just the opposite. One man's trash....

In AFC playoff history, under the present format, the 3rd seed has won 87.5% of the "wildcard" games. Miami is the 3rd seed this year. Rookie QBs lose their first playoff game 75% of the time. Cam Cameron has never won a playoff game as an offenisve coordinator. His teams are 0-2 against AFC east teams in the playoffs; and he is 0-1 against Chad Pennington in the playoffs.

The odds are stacked in favor of Miami. Cam Cameron ain't going to help you in this one. Maybe after Miami wins 13-10, Cam Cameron will fully explain those infamous words "fail forward fast" . We're still waiting for that explanation.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I read with amusement the posts here on Ravens Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron- as well as the Sun's article today entitled "Where He belongs". Never before have the following words had so much meaning: "one man's trash can be another man's treasure". Now, I'll admit that he as done a wonderful job with the Ravens this year and with Flacco in particular. And he did a real good job with the Chargers offense when he was their coordinator, never mind that he never won a playoff game as an offensive coordinator. But this guy has said and done things that are so far beyond the realm of rationality that I would never want him coaching my team in the playoffs---which is probably why his so-called high potent offenses with San Diego lost both playoff games and choked in critical situations.

Cam Cameron said these following words to describe what he hoped for last year in Miami's exhibition games: "fail forward fast". According to the Elias Sports Buraeu, no NFL head coach has ever said anything more idiotic. And Cam Cameron is the only head football coach to voluntarily relinquish coaching duites for a game and let his assistants coach the entire game by themselves, even though he was totally fine and on the sidelines. With all due respect to a very good and respectable man, these are not the words and actions of a person dealing with a full deck.

Tommorrow's game figures to be a tough game with two tough defenses. The Ravens D is the best in my opinion--a bunch of tough thieves. But the Miami D is doing a very good imitation of the ravens D---and in the last 5 games Miami led the NFL in takeaways and had one more than the Ravens D. And of course since 1970, NFL rookie QBs starting a playoff game have lost 75% of the time. Add the facts that Miami set the record for fewest turnovers in the NFL, and Miami is led by the most accurate passer in NFL history, and it becomes obvious that turnovers and mistakes are going to be the key to this game.

And in tommorrow's game there is going to be a key moment when Flacco needs to make a play. At that moment in time, I gotta tell you that I will be feeling extra good knowing that The Miami Mafia (Sporano and Pasqualoni) and the Miami D is going up against Cam Cameron and a rookie QB. And I am sure you feel just the opposite. One man's trash....

In AFC playoff history, under the present format, the 3rd seed has won 87.5% of the "wildcard" games. Miami is the 3rd seed this year. Rookie QBs lose their first playoff game 75% of the time. Cam Cameron has never won a playoff game as an offenisve coordinator. His teams are 0-2 against AFC east teams in the playoffs; and he is 0-1 against Chad Pennington in the playoffs.

The odds are stacked in favor of Miami. Cam Cameron ain't going to help you in this one. Maybe after Miami wins 13-10, Cam Cameron will fully explain those infamous words "fail forward fast" . We're still waiting for that explanation.

To sum this up. The fan is afraid very afraid and he well should be. Cam's the man. Talk about another mans garbage in a word. Pennington(Raven Food)

To sum this up. The fan is afraid very afraid and he well should be. Cam's the man. Talk about another mans garbage in a word. Pennington(Raven Food)

That was a remarkably ingenius and insightful reply to my post. And I thought Baltimore had good schools.

Welcome to the board! We always appreciate hearing the opposition's perspective.

As for Cam Cameron's impact on this team, you have to consider what us Ravens fans have been through the past ten years under Brian Billick. We have never had a offense that could threaten teams with the big play, nor have we ever had a QB that had the ability to stretch the field like Joe Flacco has. So that is why us fans and our local papers are so praising of Cam. The 18th ranked offense is unheard of for a Ravens team!

Second, being a good coordinator has nothing to do with being a good coach. Some guys just are not cut out and do not have the leadership skills to be a head coach. More so, these types of coaches are better suited working behind the scenes in film room dissecting defenses and scouting for the draft, while the head coach reigns supreme in leading the team. These types of coaches can make wonderful coordinators. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball, Mike Martz and Norv Turner are examples. Would I want either of Martz, Turner, or Cameron coaching my team? No. Would I want any of these guys as my offensive coordinator? Without a doubt!

This is the current setup we have in Baltimore. John Harbaugh is a charismatic leader that commands respect from the team. Yet, he lets Cam gameplan the offense and Rex gameplan the defense. I believe Cam is best suited in this type of setup, for he does not have the full responsibilities of a head coach and is able to do what he does best, gameplan for the offense.

Be very careful about playing the numbers. I see you are very heavily basing your prediction on historical statistics. Think about this however, no rookie head coach with a rookie quarterback had ever made the playoffs before this season. Two made it this season. No team had ever went 1-15 one year, and made the playoffs the next. Of course, you guys accomplished this feat. The Colts believed they had the Steelers in 2005 because no six seed had ever reached the Super Bowl, well so much for that.

You mention all the statistics except the one that probably has the most relevance: 27-13. Yes, the score of the last time we played in Miami. And what about 27-yards over 13 carries? The numbers of your feature back. And if you want to get historical, the Ravens are 1-0 against the Phins in the playoffs. Of course, these numbers to me are completely irrelevant. And if you read our local papers, our team has not once mentioned the last match up as a reason why we could win this game. Nevertheless, that October 19th game has to linger in your head just a little bit. What I am trying to say is that the odds are hardly stacked in Miami's favor. I believe this is one of the more evenly matched games in this year's playoffs.

You stated you feel pretty confident about your defense going up against Cam, Joe, and our offense. Granted, I can see why you are, you guys have a very strong and disciplined defense. However, how do you feel about your offense going against our defense? Aren't you concerned about not being able to run the ball? If you cannot run the ball, the big play will not be there downfield because of Chad's lack of arm strength, and ultimately, Ed Reed roaming centerfield.

I agree, it will be a very physical game. Both teams are very well coached and disciplined. It will definitely be a joy to watch tomorrow. Good luck, welcome to the board, and I look forward to hearing more of your perspective on the game. We do not get the opposition's perspective enough around here (except the few Bengal fans that linger, but we love them :D)!

Welcome to the board! We always appreciate hearing the opposition's perspective.

As for Cam Cameron's impact on this team, you have to consider what us Ravens fans have been through the past ten years under Brian Billick. We have never had a offense that could threaten teams with the big play, nor have we ever had a QB that had the ability to stretch the field like Joe Flacco has. So that is why us fans and our local papers are so praising of Cam. The 18th ranked offense is unheard of for a Ravens team!

Second, being a good coordinator has nothing to do with being a good coach. Some guys just are not cut out and do not have the leadership skills to be a head coach. More so, these types of coaches are better suited working behind the scenes in film room dissecting defenses and scouting for the draft, while the head coach reigns supreme in leading the team. These types of coaches can make wonderful coordinators. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball, Mike Martz and Norv Turner are examples. Would I want either of Martz, Turner, or Cameron coaching my team? No. Would I want any of these guys as my offensive coordinator? Without a doubt!

This is the current setup we have in Baltimore. John Harbaugh is a charismatic leader that commands respect from the team. Yet, he lets Cam gameplan the offense and Rex gameplan the defense. I believe Cam is best suited in this type of setup, for he does not have the full responsibilities of a head coach and is able to do what he does best, gameplan for the offense.

Be very careful about playing the numbers. I see you are very heavily basing your prediction on historical statistics. Think about this however, no rookie head coach with a rookie quarterback had ever made the playoffs before this season. Two made it this season. No team had ever went 1-15 one year, and made the playoffs the next. Of course, you guys accomplished this feat. The Colts believed they had the Steelers in 2005 because no six seed had ever reached the Super Bowl, well so much for that.

You mention all the statistics except the one that probably has the most relevance: 27-13. Yes, the score of the last time we played in Miami. And what about 27-yards over 13 carries? The numbers of your feature back. And if you want to get historical, the Ravens are 1-0 against the Phins in the playoffs. Of course, these numbers to me are completely irrelevant. And if you read our local papers, our team has not once mentioned the last match up as a reason why we could win this game. Nevertheless, that October 19th game has to linger in your head just a little bit. What I am trying to say is that the odds are hardly stacked in Miami's favor. I believe this is one of the more evenly matched games in this year's playoffs.

You stated you feel pretty confident about your defense going up against Cam, Joe, and our offense. Granted, I can see why you are, you guys have a very strong and disciplined defense. However, how do you feel about your offense going against our defense? Aren't you concerned about not being able to run the ball? If you cannot run the ball, the big play will not be there downfield because of Chad's lack of arm strength, and ultimately, Ed Reed roaming centerfield.

I agree, it will be a very physical game. Both teams are very well coached and disciplined. It will definitely be a joy to watch tomorrow. Good luck, welcome to the board, and I look forward to hearing more of your perspective on the game. We do not get the opposition's perspective enough around here (except the few Bengal fans that linger around here, but we love them :D)!

I am glad the Ravens are not mentioning that October game. I don't expect them to. Their head coach is too smart to allow that. Miami was 2-4 after that game and obviously is a different team now; and so are the Ravens who had an extremely strong stretch run down the line.

But I do recognize some things from that game, which you referred to, and which I took into account in making the conservative prediction of 13-10. And as I said before, the Ravens D is the best D in my opinion; and they certainly defensed the wildcat better than anyone this year---they completely shut it down. And I took all of this into account when I predicted 13 points for Miami.

I have no illusions about tommorrow's game. The Baltimore Defense is going to be tough. It all starts with that infamous Ray Lewis grand entrance and it continues for 60 minutes. They are going to force mistakes. But if there is any team that can deal with the ball hawking ravens D in the playoffs, I believe it is Miami, which excelled in protecting the ball. That is going to be the key to the game. I think Miami, led by the most accurate passer in NFL history, can protect the ball from the Ravens D better than Flacco the rookie can protect it from the Miami D. That is the margin of victory in a nutshell.

As for your comments on Pennington's arm strength, I am sure you know a lot more about quarterback arm strentgh than I. What do I know about that! But I do know this: as a Dolphin fan I have watched Pennington for years and I never once saw him make a throw that I felt could have been thrown better by a stronger arm. Maybe that is why his completeion rate is 67%, the highest in NFL history. Maybe that is why his career completeion rate in passes 20 yards or more is greater then Brett Farve or Dan Marino. I have seen a lot of strong armed QBs; and I followed one of the best in Marino. For me, I gotta tell you that I love Pennington; and his arm with no strength is just fine with me. The fact that the Jets agreed with you and dumped Pennington is priceless.

Miami 13- Baltimore 10

Miami was 2-4 after that game and obviously is a different team now;

I have no illusions about tommorrow's game.

I am sure you know a lot more about quarterback arm strentgh than I.

Maybe that is why his completeion rate is 67%, the highest in NFL history. Maybe that is why his career completeion rate in passes 20 yards or more is greater then Brett Farve or Dan Marino.

And I thought Miami had good schools.

Zing!

I am glad the Ravens are not mentioning that October game. I don't expect them to. Their head coach is too smart to allow that. Miami was 2-4 after that game and obviously is a different team now; and so are the Ravens who had an extremely strong stretch run down the line.

But I do recognize some things from that game, which you referred to, and which I took into account in making the conservative prediction of 13-10. And as I said before, the Ravens D is the best D in my opinion; and they certainly defensed the wildcat better than anyone this year---they completely shut it down. And I took all of this into account when I predicted 13 points for Miami.

I have no illusions about tommorrow's game. The Baltimore Defense is going to be tough. It all starts with that infamous Ray Lewis grand entrance and it continues for 60 minutes. They are going to force mistakes. But if there is any team that can deal with the ball hawking ravens D in the playoffs, I believe it is Miami, which excelled in protecting the ball. That is going to be the key to the game. I think Miami, led by the most accurate passer in NFL history, can protect the ball from the Ravens D better than Flacco the rookie can protect it from the Miami D. That is the margin of victory in a nutshell.

As for your comments on Pennington's arm strength, I am sure you know a lot more about quarterback arm strentgh than I. What do I know about that! But I do know this: as a Dolphin fan I have watched Pennington for years and I never once saw him make a throw that I felt could have been thrown better by a stronger arm. Maybe that is why his completeion rate is 67%, the highest in NFL history. Maybe that is why his career completeion rate in passes 20 yards or more is greater then Brett Farve or Dan Marino. I have seen a lot of strong armed QBs; and I followed one of the best in Marino. For me, I gotta tell you that I love Pennington; and his arm with no strength is just fine with me. The fact that the Jets agreed with you and dumped Pennington is priceless.

Miami 13- Baltimore 10

Fair enough. Here is why I bring up Pennington's arm strength, and feel free to correct me because you have obviously seen the Dolphins play more than me. However from the few times that I have seen the Dolphins play this season, the only way Pennington is able to get the ball downfield for a big play is when it is setup by the play action or a trick play. When the Wildcat and run game gets shutdown, so does the big play, as we saw in October. This is the only relevant thing from that October game, for we saw what happened when the run and Wildcat were shut down. Pennington was unable to throw downfield. In comparison, Joe Flacco is a threat to throw the ball downfield every play. Which is why teams are unable to stack the box, for Joe has been making defenses pay all season long. Also take into consideration Joe's ability to avoid the rush to make the throw downfield, and teams think twice about blitzing.

Yes, I am not doubting Pennington's accuracy. However, the Ravens excel against teams that try to "dink and dunk" down the field. The Ravens in these cases, bend, but don't break. Which is once again, what we saw happen in October. Yes, Pennington passed for 295 yards, but the Ravens were giving him the short-to-intermediate passes because the run game was shutdown. Teams that are successful passing the ball against the Ravens are teams that have QBs who can keep plays alive by moving in the pocket, and firing the ball downfield with their arm strength (for example: Ben, Peyton, and Carson are QBs who usually kill us by doing this). Chad is not this type of QB. The Ravens will give Chad the "dink and dunk" passes. But what that usually means is that the run game is shutdown, and the only way teams will be able to score is on 10-15 play drives. With our defense, I like our chances at getting a turnover. Teams that beat us through the air are the teams that score with the big play.

In my opinion for the Dolphins to win, they HAVE to find a way to run the ball. If they cannot, I do not think Chad will be able to beat us. We have historically done very well against Chad Pennington-led teams. If the Dolphins can run the ball efficiently, then Chad will be dangerous to us. However, if the run game is not there, I do not like your chances.

Fair enough. Here is why I bring up Pennington's arm strength, and feel free to correct me because you have obviously seen the Dolphins play more than me. However from the few times that I have seen the Dolphins play this season, the only way Pennington is able to get the ball downfield for a big play is when it is setup by the play action or a trick play. When the Wildcat and run game gets shutdown, so does the big play, as we saw in October. This is the only relevant thing from that October game, for we saw what happened when the run and Wildcat were shut down. Pennington was unable to throw downfield.

Yes, I am not doubting Pennington's accuracy. However, the Ravens excel against teams that try to "dink and dunk" down the field. The Ravens in these cases, bend, but don't break. Which is once again, what we saw happen in October. Yes, Pennington passed for 295 yards, but the Ravens were giving him the short-to-intermediate passes because the run game was shutdown. Teams that are successful passing the ball against the Ravens are teams that have QBs who can keep plays alive by moving in the pocket, and firing the ball downfield with their arm strength (for example: Ben, Peyton, and Carson are QBs who usually kill us by doing this). Chad is not this type of QB. The Ravens will give Chad the "dink and dunk" passes. But what that usually means is that the run game is shutdown, and the only way teams will be able to score is on 10-15 play drives. With our defense, I like our chances at getting a turnover. Teams that beat us through the air are the teams that score with the big play.

In my opinion for the Dolphins to win, they HAVE to find a way to run the ball. If they cannot, I do not think Chad will be able to beat us. We have historically done very well against Chad Pennington-led teams. If the Dolphins can run the ball efficiently, then Chad will be dangerous to us. However, if the run game is not there, I do not like your chances.

Regarding arm strength, you made a statement that when you see Pennington throw the long ball he does it on a trick play. The fact that he does it on a trick play does not mean that he does not have arm strength. Obviously, a 30 yard throw on a trick play requires the same arm strength as a 30 yard regular pass out of the pocket. Your obsevation goes to a problem Miami has with lack of depth at wide receiver (D. Bess is the only good wide receiver we have)---Miami needs trick plays to get receivers open. Not to compensate for arm strength.

I do not mean to ridicule you on this because I have heard a lot of commentators who formerly played and coached the game say the same thing about Chad's arm strength. These people know more than I for sure. But I just don't see it. I think people confuse Chad Pennington's touch on the ball for a lack of strength. He throws passes with a soft touch that are easier to catch. He makes a big difference with the receivers, which is why he has managed to get some production out of our poor group of receivers. And letting Welker go to New England and drafting the entire Tedd Ginn family was not one of Cameron's finest moments in Miami.

Yeah, Pennington does the drop and dink stuff---but he also goes long plenty and not just on gadget plays. Will he be successful tommorrow? It depends on how you define success. But I'll bet here that he has a touchdown pass or some long passes. He does every game. More importantly, I think he will protect the ball better than others who have played the Ravens this year.

As for your comment on the running game, I agree. And I fully expect Ricky Williams to answer the call on that with measured success. Miami has a weak o-line after losing their leader (Justin SMiley). It was a rebuilding line to begin with. The wildcat is intended to compensate for the weakness in the line because it allows Ronnie Brown more time to watch as a hole develops. but baltimore should stop the wildcat. they did in october. I think it will have to be Ricky Williams who has to carry the load beacause he is definitley the tougher guy between the tackles. You can't run the outside on the ravens D. Your only shot, as little as it may be, is to run right at them and no one does it better then Ricky. And all he needs to do is break one to get to the 13 Miami will score.

Listen, I got to head to the beach for a while. I'll check back and respond later. Good to exchange with a knowledgable person.

Obviously you don't do good oppo research. I'm from St. Louis and I know about the quality of Baltimore schools... :lol:

I don't why I am responding to your nonsense, but I just happen to know all about the good schools in Baltimore and St. Louis. My niece and nephew now go to school near Towson and moved last year from Ladue schools.

Miami 13; Ravens 10

Oggie, Cleetz and yourself are having enough fun... so I am not going to try dispute everything you say. But I do want to look at this little paragraph you threw out.

The stats you are throwing out are based on such ridiculously small samples, they aren't worth much.

How long has the 'current playoff format' been around? 8 years? So we're talking about 8 games?

How many rookie QBs start playoff games? If 25% win, I'll take that.

How many playoff games has Cameron coached as an offensive coordinator? 3 or 4?

And as you point out... 0-2 against the East and 0-1 against the Dolphins. But again, not particularly scary given the teeny tiny numbers we're talking about.

Football is filled with these kinds of numbers and ESPN loves to slam them down our throats... but that doesn't mean they are worth anything. They aren't balanced, reputable and large-sample stats. In other words, they aren't really worth everything.

Every year, ESPN has a writer write down one reason why every team in the league can't win the Super Bowl. One thing they would have to do that has never been done before. The truth, though, is that there are millions of things that have never been done before or that are highly improbably (based on the 'stat books') that happen every season.

So, you can talk all you want about your pass rush getting to Flacco or your run game actually stepping up ... and I will gladly listen ... but don't tell me the "odds are stacked against the Ravens" because of some meaningless stats about Cam Cameron.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about some of the relevant game facts. How is your offense - which gives the ball away less than anyone in the league - going to handle the best takeaway defense in the league? Last time a pair of takeaways by the Ravens defense determined the game... how is Miami going to change that?

How are you going to handle the Ravens rushing attack? Miami's defense gives up 100 yards a game already. Pennington can't manage a game from the sideline. The Ravens lead the league in possession. How are the Dolphins going to overcome a deficit if they face it?

There are plenty of questions here to ask... plenty of concerns on both sides.. and Cam Cameron is WAY down the list.

I don't why I am responding to your nonsense, but I just happen to know all about the good schools in Baltimore and St. Louis. My niece and nephew now go to school near Towson and moved last year from Ladue schools.

Miami 13; Ravens 10

Well, compared to Florida's public schools... sure... Maryland is loaded.

But STL's point is that Baltimore City's public system is a disaster. Now, private, county public, whatever... they are great, sure. But Baltimore's schools means the city's public... and they are horrible.

Oggie, Cleetz and yourself are having enough fun... so I am not going to try dispute everything you say. But I do want to look at this little paragraph you threw out.

The stats you are throwing out are based on such ridiculously small samples, they aren't worth much.

How long has the 'current playoff format' been around? 8 years? So we're talking about 8 games?

How many rookie QBs start playoff games? If 25% win, I'll take that.

How many playoff games has Cameron coached as an offensive coordinator? 3 or 4?

And as you point out... 0-2 against the East and 0-1 against the Dolphins. But again, not particularly scary given the teeny tiny numbers we're talking about.

Football is filled with these kinds of numbers and ESPN loves to slam them down our throats... but that doesn't mean they are worth anything. They aren't balanced, reputable and large-sample stats. In other words, they aren't really worth everything.

Every year, ESPN has a writer write down one reason why every team in the league can't win the Super Bowl. One thing they would have to do that has never been done before. The truth, though, is that there are millions of things that have never been done before or that are highly improbably (based on the 'stat books') that happen every season.

So, you can talk all you want about your pass rush getting to Flacco or your run game actually stepping up ... and I will gladly listen ... but don't tell me the "odds are stacked against the Ravens" because of some meaningless stats about Cam Cameron.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about some of the relevant game facts. How is your offense - which gives the ball away less than anyone in the league - going to handle the best takeaway defense in the league? Last time a pair of takeaways by the Ravens defense determined the game... how is Miami going to change that?

How are you going to handle the Ravens rushing attack? Miami's defense gives up 100 yards a game already. Pennington can't manage a game from the sideline. The Ravens lead the league in possession. How are the Dolphins going to overcome a deficit if they face it?

There are plenty of questions here to ask... plenty of concerns on both sides.. and Cam Cameron is WAY down the list.

Sure, minimize the sample size to attack statistics. That's a true and tried method of attacking statistics. But we're not talking about one or two statistics here. Are we? I like those stats and facts and obviously you don't--and that's because these stats concern you, as well they should. But thanks for the meaningless commentary on ESPN stat watchers. That was most enlightening for discussing tommorrow's game.

As for your emphasis on what happened in October, when Miami was 2-4, my response is simple. Miami will do what it has done in the last 10 games to become the team that has committed the fewest turnovers in NFL history. There is no reason to change their game. Pennington will do what he has done since that game in October to protect the ball better than anyone in the league. Why change?

And perhaps you should read my response more carefully because nowhere did I predict the Fins would have an offensive explosion againt the Ravens. It may sound good in your response to suggest I said otherwise; but that does not make your post worthy. Thanks for the rambling nonsense and a history lesson on ESPN.

Well, compared to Florida's public schools... sure... Maryland is loaded.

But STL's point is that Baltimore City's public system is a disaster. Now, private, county public, whatever... they are great, sure. But Baltimore's schools means the city's public... and they are horrible.

you know nothing about terrible schools until you have seen Miami' s schools

Sure, minimize the sample size to attack statistics. That's a true and tried method of attacking statistics. But we're not talking about one or two statistics here. Are we? I like those stats and facts and obviously you don't--and that's because these stats concern you, as well they should. But thanks for the meaningless commentary on ESPN stat watchers. That was most enlightening for discussing tommorrow's game.

As for your emphasis on what happened in October, when Miami was 2-4, my response is simple. Miami will do what it has done in the last 10 games to become the team that has committed the fewest turnovers in NFL history. There is no reason to change their game. Pennington will do what he has done since that game in October to protect the ball better than anyone in the league. Why change?

And perhaps you should read my response more carefully because nowhere did I predict the Fins would have an offensive explosion againt the Ravens. It may sound good in your response to suggest I said otherwise; but that does not make your post worthy. Nor did I say anything to minimize the Baltimore defense, which I stated here is the best in my opinion. All I have said was simple: Flacco the rookie QB is going to make more mistakes on offense than Miami will make on offense. And this will be the diffference in the game. And all the stats support this belief and demonstrate your ignorance: Miami this year has been almost as good as Baltimore in takeaways and has actually had 1 more than baltimore down the stretch; Miami is the best ever in protecting the ball; Pennington is the most accurate passer ever; 3rd seeds win at home in these wild card games; rookie QBs lose in these tough road playoff games. Sorry you don't like facts and stats. Deal with it.

Cam Cameron will be one of the reasons why the Ravens win. Just one out of many.

It will be won in the trenches by the faster more physical team. Who can execute? The Ravens D has a history of making everbody look ugly.

I don't think turnovers will be a big factor in this game. The Dolphins don't turn it over, the Ravens respect that and won't get caught out of position trying to force one.

That was an easy schedule the Dolphins had this year while the Ravens are battle tested against the winning and playoff caliber teams.

Kansas City, Buffalo, St Louis, Frisco, Jets...wow...real scary..

Who can turn the heat up another notch?

I say the Ravens will.

But congrats on a great season and turnaround. Definately something good is going on with the Dolphins. It's no fluke.

I don't take them lightly and I'm certain the Ravens don't either.

I predict that after tomorrow Florida will be known, once again, as the land of the "Hanging Chad".

Ravens 31 Dolphins 9.

Ravens have a much better defense than Miami and our offense scored 40 more points this year than the you against stiffer competition. These are the only relevant numbers and why we are favored. To compare Miami's defense over a handful of recent games because of it's performance against pathetic teams including the all time leader of pics, Brett Favre, is insulting. You aren't even in the same league with our D. This game won't be close if the Ravens come to play. Oh, and since you like stats so much...look at our rookie QB's numbers on the road this year as opposed to home. For whatever reason, he plays better on the road.

And perhaps you should read my response more carefully because nowhere did I predict the Fins would have an offensive explosion againt the Ravens. It may sound good in your response to suggest I said otherwise; but that does not make your post worthy. Thanks for the rambling nonsense and a history lesson on ESPN.

First, I didn't minimize the sample sizes... they are what they are. The samples are small. And they aren't important. There have only been 8 years of the current playoff format.

There have only been 6 rookie QBs to start in the playoffs in the last 42 years. (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/football/story/962746.html)

That's not me making a sample small... that's a small sample and you trying to use it to your advantage.

You picked four or five stats... none of which were special... and try to make a case. It's simply not relevant to what happens on the field.

Second, even heading into the Ravens game in October, Miami was great at protecting the ball. You turned the ball over just 13 times all season... 3 times in your final two games... the Dolphins have been great at minimizing turnovers all season. And even so, it was turnovers against the Ravens that killed you. So how are you going to reverse that this time?

Finally, I never said the Fins would have an offensive explosion. I never said you said that. So instead of telling me to read carefully and stop putting words in your mouth, do it yourself.

I said that if the Fins go down 10-3... How are they going to make that up against the league's 2nd ranked rushing attack and its #1 possession offense? How is Pennington going to manage the game and win the game when he isn't on the field?

The Fins have won the majority of their games in the last 10 weeks by small margins and in low scoring games... but they are playing one of the best teams in the league when it comes to low scores and clock management. Do you believe the Fins can outplay the Ravens at their own game?

But thanks for the meaningless commentary on ESPN stat watchers. That was most enlightening for discussing tommorrow's game.

By the way here... are you too dense to get how this fit in with the rest of my argument?

Every team, every player, every coach has a stat or two that will tell you they will lose...

We could talk about Pennington's sad record in the playoffs... or against the Ravens... we could talk about all kinds of reasons that the Fish shouldn't be able to win tomorrow...

But none of it matters because there are reasons both teams "shouldn't" be able to win tomorrow. Tons of stats that say that about both teams.

But what matter more are the stats from this season, about this season, actually put up by these teams.

Cam Cameron will be one of the reasons why the Ravens win. Just one out of many.

It will be won in the trenches by the faster more physical team. Who can execute? The Ravens D has a history of making everbody look ugly.

I don't think turnovers will be a big factor in this game. The Dolphins don't turn it over, the Ravens respect that and won't get caught out of position trying to force one.

That was an easy schedule the Dolphins had this year while the Ravens are battle tested against the winning and playoff caliber teams.

Kansas City, Buffalo, St Louis, Frisco, Jets...wow...real scary..

Who can turn the heat up another notch?

I say the Ravens will.

But congrats on a great season and turnaround. Definately something good is going on with the Dolphins. It's no fluke.

I don't take them lightly and I'm certain the Ravens don't either.

As a Dolphin fan, I am very used to the "easy schedule" criticism. After all, the first team ever criticized for winning against an easy schedule was the Miami Dolphins. You know, back in 1972 when the Fins went undefeated. You win 9 of 10 in the NFL and you are a scary team, notwithstanding your backhanded compliments.

Oh wait... I just had too much fun with this one before, I had to do a bit more research...

Dolphins:

First 5 Games: 3 Turnovers (2-3)

vs. Ravens: 1 Turnover (0-1, 2-4)

Last 10 Games: 9 Turnovers (9-1, 11-5)

So you guys are actually giving the ball up MORE often in your last 9 games than you did in your first 6... Is that what I'm seeing?

So, tell me again about how your offense has GOTTEN BETTER since the Ravens game at not turning the ball over...

Listen, the Dolphins are on a roll... I know that... but you have your weaknesses. Just like we have ours. So start talking football. Stop talking karma and odds.