ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

You Can Have Cam Cameron

oggieman

I dont see one thing stupid..and if your commenting about this *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***

Its a filter they use against me whenever I guarantee a win.

Which his record is now 8 - 35 when predicting that.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do not get the opposition's perspective enough around here (except the few Bengal fans that linger, but we love them :D)!

We're not looking for love, just reading well thought, concise posts as you did. Keep it up. ;)

Which his record is now 8 - 35 when predicting that.

HA!!! Im 11-5 this year, soon to be 12-5

So you predicted that for every game this season? For something that is supposed to be a sure thing 11-5 isnt that great. I also remember seasons where you were wrong most if not all times in calling that, thats why the team and its fans petitioned this site for that change.

They moved the ball through the air decently the first game and our secondary was healthier then. So I have a few concerns that make me think it wont be easy. Like I said I do think they should and will win, I wouldnt be surprised if it was easy, but I also would not be amazed to see a hard fought close game with either team winning.

But, I wont argue. Its no fun arguing reasons why your favorite team may have trouble.

The Dolphins are the best at protecting the ball but the Ravens aren't too shabby in this catagory either...+13 (NFL’s 3rd best).

Wash.

Protecting the football is critical. It could come down to 1 turnover providing a Ravens or Dolphins win.

Yet, that's only 1 stat in a big picture.

Now...I like some of the Ravens statistics.

matheson.jpg"Shall we club each other to death with statistics?"

Ranked 2nd in the NFL, the Baltimore defense set 3 team records: opponent QB rating (60.6), rushing TDs allowed (4) and rushing 1st downs allowed (58). Baltimore led the NFL with 26 INTs, including 9 by S Ed Reed, which was also an

NFL high. Baltimore was 3rd against the run and 2nd versus the pass in 2008. The Ravens also were tops in the NFL producing “3- and-outs” (60). They did not allow a 100-yard rusher for the 2nd straight season (current string is 35 games, dating back to 2006).

The Ravens allowed the 3rd-fewest points in the NFL this season, permitting only 244 (15.3 per game). Baltimore only allowed foes to sustain 17 drives of 10 plays or more, tied for fewest in the league. Of those, just 6 yielded a TD.

Whew! Hold on! There's more!....

The Ravens’ defense was stout on 3rd down this season. Baltimore only allowed foes to convert 33.5% of their 3rd-down attempts, good for the NFL’s 3rd-best mark.

The Ravens’ 34 take-aways ranked No. 1 in the league (26 INTs and 8 fumbles).

The Ravens’ “D” came up big in the red zone this season, allowing foes to produce a 35.9% TD-success rate inside the

20. Baltimore allowed just 145 points from the red zone in 2008, the fewest in the NFL.

The photo below has a high statistical probability of accurately depicting the plight of the Dolphin offense tomorrow....

sc08.jpg

Ok...clubing away here!...

The Ravens totaled 148.5 rushing yards per game this season, standing as the NFL’s No. 4 ground attack.

The Ravens’ 18.1 average margin of victory ranked 2nd in the NFL during the regular season. Baltimore outscored opponents 333-134 in its 11 wins. NOT BAD WITH A ROOKIE QB!

Additionally, Baltimore only allowed a league-low 60 points in the 4th quarter while scoring 115.

Part of the Ravens’ success can be attributed to sustaining long drives and controlling the clock. This season, Baltimore’s 33:10 average time of possession was the highest in the NFL (sorry Chad...wait in line to get the ball!) :)

In their 8 playoff games, the Ravens have only allowed 143.4 passing yards and 90.4 rushing yards per contest. Those figures rank as the fewest per game in NFL postseason history(since the 1970 merger).

The Ravens have allowed just 11.0 points per game in 8 career playoff contests. That figure ranks as the lowest opponent playoff scoring average since the 1970 merger.

OK...OK...I'll stop. Those are playoff numbers...but there are a ton more stats if you want to keep clubing away!

"It's in the hole!"

cs_258.jpg

The Dolphins are the best at protecting the ball but the Ravens aren't too shabby in this catagory either...+13 (NFL’s 3rd best).

Wash.

Protecting the football is critical. It could come down to 1 turnover providing a Ravens or Dolphins win.

Yet, that's only 1 stat in a big picture.

Now...I like some of the Ravens statistics.

matheson.jpg"Shall we club each other to death with statistics?"

Ranked 2nd in the NFL, the Baltimore defense set 3 team records: opponent QB rating (60.6), rushing TDs allowed (4) and rushing 1st downs allowed (58). Baltimore led the NFL with 26 INTs, including 9 by S Ed Reed, which was also an

NFL high. Baltimore was 3rd against the run and 2nd versus the pass in 2008. The Ravens also were tops in the NFL producing “3- and-outs” (60). They did not allow a 100-yard rusher for the 2nd straight season (current string is 35 games, dating back to 2006).

The Ravens allowed the 3rd-fewest points in the NFL this season, permitting only 244 (15.3 per game). Baltimore only allowed foes to sustain 17 drives of 10 plays or more, tied for fewest in the league. Of those, just 6 yielded a TD.

Whew! Hold on! There's more!....

The Ravens’ defense was stout on 3rd down this season. Baltimore only allowed foes to convert 33.5% of their 3rd-down attempts, good for the NFL’s 3rd-best mark.

The Ravens’ 34 take-aways ranked No. 1 in the league (26 INTs and 8 fumbles).

The Ravens’ “D” came up big in the red zone this season, allowing foes to produce a 35.9% TD-success rate inside the

20. Baltimore allowed just 145 points from the red zone in 2008, the fewest in the NFL.

The photo below has a high statistical probability of accurately depicting the plight of the Dolphin offense tomorrow....

sc08.jpg

Ok...clubing away here!...

The Ravens totaled 148.5 rushing yards per game this season, standing as the NFL’s No. 4 ground attack.

The Ravens’ 18.1 average margin of victory ranked 2nd in the NFL during the regular season. Baltimore outscored opponents 333-134 in its 11 wins. NOT BAD WITH A ROOKIE QB!

Additionally, Baltimore only allowed a league-low 60 points in the 4th quarter while scoring 115.

Part of the Ravens’ success can be attributed to sustaining long drives and controlling the clock. This season, Baltimore’s 33:10 average time of possession was the highest in the NFL (sorry Chad...wait in line to get the ball!) :)

In their 8 playoff games, the Ravens have only allowed 143.4 passing yards and 90.4 rushing yards per contest. Those figures rank as the fewest per game in NFL postseason history(since the 1970 merger).

The Ravens have allowed just 11.0 points per game in 8 career playoff contests. That figure ranks as the lowest opponent playoff scoring average since the 1970 merger.

OK...OK...I'll stop. Those are playoff numbers...but there are a ton more stats if you want to keep clubing away!

"It's in the hole!"

cs_258.jpg

Boy, you really made a compelling argument in support of what I said earlier. Baltimore has the best defense. That is the only opinion I ever stated on the Baltimore defense. So we are in agreement there.

But you went one step too far in talking about Baltimore's playoff defense. I am sure it has been stellar. But the real numbers regarding the playoffs is that Ray Lewis & Co., as good as they are, are 0-2 in their last two playoff games. And despite having the best defense in the league overall the last 6 years, Baltimore has not won a playoff game. Of course, now you will respond and point out the fact that this Ravens team is different because of Flacco, and I will give you no argument there. But I'll take my chances with a tough Miami team playing at home against a rookie quarterback, coached by Cam Cameron, in the playoffs any day.

.....I'll take my chances with a tough Miami team playing at home against a rookie quarterback, coached by Cam Cameron, in the playoffs any day.

Spoken like a true fan...have a brew! :)

pic31.jpg

You're right. Anyhting can happen. Note that I am predicting a close game. But I think that with the game being played in Miami, a rookie QB going on the road in a playoff game (even thoough he was better on the road this year), a tough atmosphere, and all the points I have referred to, the slight edge goes to Miami in the turnover game, which I think determines the outcome. But I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if it goes the other way. These teams are that evenly matched, in my opinion, at least for the game played in Miami. but under these circumstances tommorrow, I like Miami 13-10.

If the Ravens are evenly matched against the Dolphins then this season was a waste. If thats the case I'd rather have gas then watch the game tommorow. When I think of the dolphins of old the officials play a roll in tight games especially meaningful games. I hope thats not an issue in the game. Keep that in the back of your minds guys.

Maybe these points have already been made, and I'm certainly not reading through the middle 2 pages of this thread, but in case they haven't:

The Dolphins may have been 2-4 in week 7, but the Ravens were 2-3, and had yet to win a meaningful game. The Dolphins had already stomped the Patriots and Chargers at that point.

The reason it takes less arm strength to throw off play action or a trick play is because you can step into the throw. You don't have this luxury when throwing off 3 and 5-step drops.

It's also probably worth noting that the Dolphins will be without their leading receiver from the first game, Greg Camarillo, who made several big grabs.

Prediction: Ravens 30, Dolphins 10.

If the Ravens are evenly matched against the Dolphins then this season was a waste. If thats the case I'd rather have gas then watch the game tommorow. When I think of the dolphins of old the officials play a roll in tight games especially meaningful games. I hope thats not an issue in the game. Keep that in the back of your minds guys.

Don't worry, the Ravens are not evenly matched with the dolphins. Miami 13 Baltimore 10.

Okay so if rookie QB's fail 75% of the time in the playoffs, and Matt Ryan just lost...does that increase our odds of winning or decrease them?... :blink:

It depends on what team they are on.

Do they have the #4 rush offense and #2 defense in the league to support them?

Do they go against a paper tiger like the Dolphins?

Boy, you really made a compelling argument in support of what I said earlier. Baltimore has the best defense. That is the only opinion I ever stated on the Baltimore defense. So we are in agreement there.

But you went one step too far in talking about Baltimore's playoff defense. I am sure it has been stellar. But the real numbers regarding the playoffs is that Ray Lewis & Co., as good as they are, are 0-2 in their last two playoff games. And despite having the best defense in the league overall the last 6 years, Baltimore has not won a playoff game. Of course, now you will respond and point out the fact that this Ravens team is different because of Flacco, and I will give you no argument there. But I'll take my chances with a tough Miami team playing at home against a rookie quarterback, coached by Cam Cameron, in the playoffs any day.

Yea well we lost to peyton manning and the colts the yr they won the super bowl, but the def never gave up a td ( 5fgs). Now unlesss pennington has gotten alot better and I didn't see it, there is no way in hell he plays like manning did that yr.

And all you say about Miami is that they are a tough team. Your schedule was weak this yr and we already tapped that ass once. Get some lube and this time won't be as painful.