ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Today was nice

BeenAround

Today was the Ed Reed show from start to finish. Now if we expect to beat the Titans, Flacco and the OLine had better step up to the plate next week. I can't see Fisher's guys giving us 5 turnovers.

Despite the seemingly lopsided win, our offense sucked today. Flacco wasn't seeing open receivers and missing them when he did see them. That cannot happen from here on out, or we'll be out. The OLine's run blocking looked pathetic for much of the game and will have to improve as well.

On the defensive side I sincerely hope Suggs decides to show up next week because he was horrible today. Scott also did that let me knock you out but not wrap up imitation of tackling again and Ricky Williams made him pay for it. In fact, there were alot of missed tackles which is somewhat troubling to me. The best tackle I saw was when Washington tackled the receiver before the ball got there.

Go Ravens

The offense was close. Both of those two deep passes to Clayton were only a matter of inches from being a touchdown. You have to be encouraged that Flacco and Cam are attacking the single coverage on the outside. The Titans are going to have to defend that. Heap should have had that touchdown in the first redzone trip.

Yes, the defense was a little sloppy in the second half, but I like the aggression playing with the lead. If we went into prevent defense, people would be complaining about that. The pressure on Pennington was consistent all day. If we can do that to Collins, it should be a good day for the defense.

The run blocking was not horrible, but it was not great. It got the job done. Remember, Miami is a physical team. If you think next week is going to be any different, prepared to be disappointed because it is going to be an ugly game, for both teams.

Here is what next week comes down to: putting pressure on Collins and converting the redzone opportunities into touchdowns. If can do both of these things, I like our chances. Nevertheless, I fully expect next week to be an ugly game. I agree with you though, today felt good. I almost forgot what it felt like to win a playoff game. :D

Definately Joe and the offense have to execute better or the season's over.

They know that and I think they will do better.

I agree it will be ugly....Titans have a good secondary..great overall D....the Ravens O will have to take what they can and not turn it over.

but today was sweet!

cs_177.jpg

We dont need 5 turnovers to beat the Titans..We didnt need 5 to beat the Fish..Play Ravens Football, eveything else falls into place. Flaccos numbers were pathetic today, did Dilf ever make us proud with stats?

Ride this fucking wave however far it takes us..I know Iam

A win is a win! However if the offense doesnt play better next week I don think they beat the Titans. I think the offense played poorly so I do expect them to be sharper next week.

The Dolphins turned the ball over 5 times and they were still in the game. Thats kind of sad.

Like the man said today...

""Come on, let's not kid ourselves," said Ravens fullback Lorenzo Neal, in his 16th season. "It's great to win any playoff game, especially on the road. But if we leave our defense exposed like that on the field next week with no points, we're in trouble.

"Our defense gave us the ball at the 40 once, and the 50 twice, and we didn't score any points," Neal said. "Those are the kinds of things that Lorenzo Neal, Derrick Mason, Le'Ron McClain and Joe Flacco better be concerned with. We play a team next week that likes to run like us, play great defense like us and will smack you around. If you don't score points off turnovers, those points will come back to haunt you in close games.""

Exactly Lorenzo and that's why we've lost close games to good teams this year. Time for the offense to step up and take advantage of every opportunity. Flacco may not look like he's rattled but I suspect his periods of high and overthrown balls are symptoms of his nerves getting the better of him. Everyone shows stress differently I think this is Flacco's way. The coaches need to be aware of it and settle him down when he starts doing it and not be fooled by the kid's seemingly calm demeanor.

Neal is right but we were so close on a couple of those deep balls, and as far as I'm concerned, got screwed near the end zone with no-calls. There were a few obvious PI's down there and a few hands to the face even that went uncalled. This team will step up when the time comes, and expect Ray Rice to be the reason why, we haven't had any recieving out the backfield in awhile, he will be Flacco's checkdown stud, just like Cobbs was for Miami today.

As far as the over thrown long passes. Flacco was probably told to throw it long enough that our reciever could get it and not the defender. And we don't know how long our reciever was held up going down field. There defenders held alot yesterday. Flacco did ok yesterday. Big game, hostile crowd,first playoff game, We won. I wouldn't say it was a pretty win either. A win is a win.

Today was the Ed Reed show from start to finish. Now if we expect to beat the Titans, Flacco and the OLine had better step up to the plate next week. I can't see Fisher's guys giving us 5 turnovers.

Despite the seemingly lopsided win, our offense sucked today. Flacco wasn't seeing open receivers and missing them when he did see them. That cannot happen from here on out, or we'll be out. The OLine's run blocking looked pathetic for much of the game and will have to improve as well.

On the defensive side I sincerely hope Suggs decides to show up next week because he was horrible today. Scott also did that let me knock you out but not wrap up imitation of tackling again and Ricky Williams made him pay for it. In fact, there were alot of missed tackles which is somewhat troubling to me. The best tackle I saw was when Washington tackled the receiver before the ball got there.

Go Ravens

Damn Been, and I thought I was the only "wet blanket" on this board. ;) I agree with you on many points.

The offense was pretty pathetic and a repeat performance against Tennessee aint going to make it. Other than Mason, our WRs did not show up. If Flacco connects on 1 of those deep balls to Clayton, maybe the offense would have taken off. Flacco will need to be sharper Saturday. Tenn dared Flacco to beat them last time. He will have to beat them this time.

Our D, esp the run defense and Reed's play, were outstanding. Meanwhile, our tackling was very suspect. One would think with such a dominating defense, our tacking would be more sound (for me, thats one of the biggest differences between the 2000 D and this one). Instead of wrapping up guys, we are trying to tackle ballcarrier's arms and shoulders. I distinctly recall Fabian Washington trying to tackle Ronnie Brown up high and being dragged 10-15 add'l yds. We whiffed on several other tackles in our attempt to pull down Bess, Williams and Cobbs. Maybe the Miami heat and humidity were getting to us. Regardless, we have got to wrap up.

The Titans game will be war and I suspect a lot like our 1st game and the last Steelers game.

GO RAVENS !!!