ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Banks Snap Judgements

vmax

Here's a few from Don Banks...I agree with most of them. I feel terrible for Ed...he's by far the best defensive player in the NFL. We are watching something very rare.

After watching Baltimore's takeaway-happy defense dismantle the Dolphins, and the Ravens running game do its usual workmanlike job all day long, I'm more convinced than ever that John Harbaugh's club is poised to play deep into this year's Super Bowl tournament.

Is there still time to change my NFL Defensive Player of the Year vote from Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison to Baltimore's ever-around-the-ball safety Ed Reed? No, probably not.

Joe Flacco gets the win in his NFL playoff debut (on the road no less), but it'll take more than a 2-of-7, 14-yard second-half passing performance to get it done against the Titans defense next week. Of that I'm fairly certain.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...x.html#?eref=T1

44343711.jpg

What's obnoxious is that it's not like this week's performance by Reed is something new for him. This is just the cockroaches trying to jump on the bandwagon now that all of the guys they snubbed (Harrison notwithstanding) are the only ones left in the playoffs.

What's obnoxious is that it's not like this week's performance by Reed is something new for him. This is just the cockroaches trying to jump on the bandwagon now that all of the guys they snubbed (Harrison notwithstanding) are the only ones left in the playoffs.

And while Harrison is having a monster year, you could make a case that there are way better folks than Silverback deserving of the award.

I love how people have said that Ed is the benefactor of playing centerfield and just picking off whatever drops in no man's land...

It has certainly happened, but it's certainly not always the case.

And more importantly... every player gets a lucky break here and there. How many sacks are made not through individual effort, but through broken blocking schemes or massive blitzes? It's not like Harrison has made every sack through some amazing athleticism that only he possesses or is capable of this year.