ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

28. Baltimore Ravens: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

ravinmaniac52

28. Baltimore Ravens: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

What happened to Mark Clayton? Why is 34-year-old Derrick Mason the only dependable receiver on Baltimore's roster? Joe Flacco has played extremely well since getting debacled at Indianapolis. Flacco will continue to mature, but he'll need another dependable wideout by his side.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this too. I was looking at one highlight vid but it was over edited. I would like to see more. But on the face of it I like him.

Asher Allen, CB, Georgia

Also this guy in the 2nd round. I am looking now and so far so good.

DeAngelo Willingham, CB, Tennessee

I have found this guy associated with us in the 3rd.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/mockdraft.html

10. Baltimore Ravens - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech*

Michael Crabtree may be one of the most questionable prospects. First off, as a draft eligible sophomore, he may decide to not declare for the draft, but if he does declare he has potential to be drafted anywhere from #5 to possibly the 2nd round. At 6-3, 215 lbs, he has the size QB's dream of, but his 40 time is questionable. If he runs closer to a 4.6 rather than a 4.5, he could be entering Dwayne Jarrett territory. His production in college has been eye opening, with 134 receptions and 22 TDs last year, but remember the offensive scheme he plays for. The Ravens' top receiver is the aging Derrick Mason, and former first rounder Mark Clayton has failed to live up to expectations. I think Crabtree is the real deal and should be the top receiver drafted

HAHAHA I could only wish.

James Laurinitis, ILB, Ohio State

Just found him in the 1st for us on one. I don't see it.

25) Baltimore Ravens – Knowshon Moreno, RB/Georgia

Not a chance.

Just looking around many think Maclin will be our #1 pick.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't care about CB. That's a much easier position to fill with talent than WR. Mason has no more than a year left as an outside receiver, Clayton has lost his speed, and Williams has fallen off the face of the earth. However, Walker is a rising talent, and Washington will be here for a long time.

Maclin, Crabtree, or whomever, needs to be a Raven.

• 2 weeks later...
I say we draft Matt Ryan.

Overrated!

Yeah...didn't you know that guy threw way too many int's in college. He'll never make it in the NFL. ;)

But back to the subject at hand...I think that I would rather see CB in round 1 since we may need to be replacing two starters very soon.

58. Baltimore Ravens: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

There's a chance Tyson Jackson gets picked in the first round, so getting him here would be a steal. He'd be a nice fit right next to Haloti Ngata on Baltimore's three-man front.

Position: DE

School & Year/Status: LSU - Senior

Height & Weight: 6'5 - 292 lbs.

Ranked #36 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

At one point during the 2007 season, Jackson was thought to become a first round pick in the NFL Draft if he declined to return to Baton Rouge for his senior year. A disappointing junior campaign, however, left Jackson with a diminished draft stock and convinced him to return to LSU. He recorded only 3.5 sacks (down from 8.5 in his sophomore season) and 4.5 tackles-for-loss. Jackson needs to pick up his numbers in his last go at it as a senior, but through three games it has been a struggle. The defensive end has just 0.5 sacks, but he does lead the team in quarterback hurries with five. The good news for Jackson is that the NFL will love his physical makeup regardless of his stats. He can carry his 6'5", 292-pound frame through a 40-yard-dash in about 4.8 seconds. Jackson seems even faster than that coming off the end. His long wing span also comes in handy for wreaking havoc on opposing quarterbacks. Inconsistency is an issue for Jackson, but part of that is due to seeing double-teams from offensive lines. That won't happen to him in the NFL, at least not right away. A strong finish to the 2008 season will put Jackson in the first round come April.

WR

Brandon LaFell*, LSU

Height: 6-3. Weight: 209.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

Projected Round (2009): 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38PbECO6d0

Hakeem Nicks*, North Carolina

Height: 6-1. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.53.

Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

Noway he stays that low.

CB

Vontae Davis, Illinois

Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.

Projected 40 Time: 4.39.

Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.

Maclin would be a great pick! However, I feel he is going to be right up there with Crabtree come April. Harvin and Heyward-Bey would be great picks in the late first round. This draft also seems to be deep with corners, we could potentially grab a good one. Nevertheless, our top priority has to be a playmaking receiver for Joe to throw to.

What do you guys think of Brian Robiskie? He could be a possible steal in rds 3-5. He reminds me a little bit of a poor mans larry fitzgerald. Great hands & good size, not a burner, great route runner, grew up around football his whole life. His dad is a wr coach for the falcons I think.

What do you guys think of Brian Robiskie? He could be a possible steal in rds 3-5. He reminds me a little bit of a poor mans larry fitzgerald. Great hands & good size, not a burner, great route runner, grew up around football his whole life. His dad is a wr coach for the falcons I think.

What would be the NFL-equivalent of a poor-man's Larry Fitzgerald? I don't know what happens when you take one of the most talented WR's of all time and then strip him down to a 'poor-man's version'.

What would be the NFL-equivalent of a poor-man's Larry Fitzgerald? I don't know what happens when you take one of the most talented WR's of all time and then strip him down to a 'poor-man's version'.

I suppose you make him white instead of black.

Zing.