ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe...well..not so good vs Stealers.

vmax

In the last loss to the Stealers Joe was 11 for 28 for 115 yards. That's 39.3% completion rate.....and he had 0TD's and 2 INT's.

Not good.

He was a little bit better better in the first loss. 16 for 31 for 19 yards...51.6%...and 1 TD.

Given the health of this team, their inability to run the ball against a good run defense Saturday and that they are facing an excellent run defense....Joe is the key if the Ravens hope to win.

He has to make more than a few plays...he has to be a consistant thorn in the Stealers side for 4 quarters.

Moving the chains rests on him.

He has to "WIN" this game.

The D is severely banged up. The secondary will be Reed, Washington, Walker and Leonard...with Ivy at nickle....minus pass rushing Suggs.

All the Stealers have to do is protect the ball and that well dries up for the Ravens.

My point is the Ravens must score points...a lot of them...to win.

Joe has to take over....I don't know where else to look.

Anyway you can do it Joe.

44457071.jpg

We were far more aggressive on offense in the first game than we were in the second, and I don't know why.

Cam has to open up the playbook and give Joe a chance to get it done.

Totally agree........It's time to let him pull a carson palmer and light up a good defense. We can't play like we did on Saturday. Steelers will score tds when they are given opportunity, it's time for joe to win us the game.

Everyone say it..... CAM LET JOE PUT US OVER THE TOP, LET HIM TAKE US TO TAMPA!!!!

We go all out at this game, not that we didn't Saturday but this is it, it is the kitchen sink game.

You darn right it is. In my opinion, this is the Super Bowl. The winner should not have any problem beating the Eagles/Cards, and I think the players see it the exact same way. We might not have an opportunity like this to win the big one for a long time, rookie QB or not. Lets take it now!

In all honesty... I think the return of Willie Parker helps us.

We can shut Parker down. We have done it before. We can do it again.

When Parker is not available or the Steelers don't trust him... they go to Ben sooner and more often. And that is more dangerous for us.

But if we can shut Parker down early... they aren't just going to abandon him, unless we are winning huge. And every play Willie gets that goes no where (which I hope and think can be most of them), is just gravy for us.

Offensively... it's time to put the game in Joe's hands. Short passes, quick routes.... the occasional bomb... get Ray Rice on the swing... Cam needs to get back to the quick-offense that is successful, not super developed.

In the last loss to the Stealers Joe was 11 for 28 for 115 yards. That's 39.3% completion rate.....and he had 0TD's and 2 INT's.

Not good.

He was a little bit better better in the first loss. 16 for 31 for 19 yards...51.6%...and 1 TD.

Given the health of this team, their inability to run the ball against a good run defense Saturday and that they are facing an excellent run defense....Joe is the key if the Ravens hope to win.

He has to make more than a few plays...he has to be a consistant thorn in the Stealers side for 4 quarters.

Moving the chains rests on him.

He has to "WIN" this game.

The D is severely banged up. The secondary will be Reed, Washington, Walker and Leonard...with Ivy at nickle....minus pass rushing Suggs.

All the Stealers have to do is protect the ball and that well dries up for the Ravens.

My point is the Ravens must score points...a lot of them...to win.

Joe has to take over....I don't know where else to look.

Anyway you can do it Joe.

44457071.jpg

VMax,

I agree the Joe has to be "the man" for us to win. However, looming larger is the TO battle. The only conceivable way for us to win, like the Titan game, is we have to force 3-4 TOs and we cant turn it over. Only that and divine intervention will result in a W. Nothing else will have a greater impact in this game.

Its been a helluve run !!

Contrary to popular belief, we can actually score a lot of points when we want to. Cam Cameron just doesn't want to. He's so worried about turning the ball over that he's afraid of putting the ball in our veteran QB's hands.

Think about this... if Cam Cameron was calling our offense against our own D, which is definitely susceptible to the pass (its only weakness, actually), would he still call the games the way he has been? Would Cameron jam the ball inside against our Ravens D play after play, despite futulity? Think about it. He just might!

This exercise offers a bit of insight into the mindset of opposing coordinators. We as Ravens fans are all sitting around saying "Why don't our opponents pass more? We can't stop them! Thank God they keep running right into Ngata and Co.!" But from their perspective, they just don't want to risk turning it over to Reed and Co. It's not until the game is on the line that teams finally commit to passing, and carve us up. We need to commit to passing and carve up the overrated Steelers defense before they do it to us.

I don't think we'll have as much trouble running against Pitt. as we did Tenn. McClain averaged just under 4 ypc against Pitt. in both games this season. Against them in a game where rushing yards will be at a premium I'll take that. We do need to open it up more w/ Flacco, and allow him to make more plays downfield. Just not get away from McClain and you get that feeling from watching McGahee the last few weeks he's waiting to bust out.