ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steelers-Ravens Predictions

thundercleetz

So it is the morning of the biggest game of our season, possibly in franchise history. The anticipation has been building up all year for this championship match-up featuring two arch-rivals that absolutely hate each other. How does everyone see this one going down?

My prediction:

20-17 Ravens

For the first time ever, I see the Ravens playing as a team out on the field. Not just a great defense and a disconnected offense, but a team. The defense leans on the offense, and vice-versa. With that said, it is all about "next man up" and we will fight through the injuries. It will not be pretty, but the Ravens will win the turnover battle and control the time of possession to roll onward to the Super Bowl!

If we were going into this game with the roster healthy and nobody on IR, I'd say that we'd have a great shot at knocking off the Steelers. However, having played as many games in a row as we have without any breaks, and having the Steelers coming off of a season with a regular bye week and a playoff bye, I just don't see how we can win.

I'm not any less of a fan by saying this, but I just don't see us getting any of the breaks this game. I think the Steelers win by 6, 16-10.

It could be worse, though, if the Ravens have to play the Steelers AND the officials. However, if the Tennessee game did anything, it gave me hope that the Ravens could have previous matchups "evened-out" by the Zebras with a generous spot and some calls our way.

I'd have a better feeling about this game if we had our starting CBs and a 100% healthy Suggs. Oh, and a bye week at some point this season.

I don't make predictions for big games. Just can't do it.

I will say this though...

When people said we'd struggle against the Giants because of their run game and because of their defense... I was worried.

When people talked about how strong the Titans are and how hard it is to get pressure on Collins... I was worried.

etc etc... Not necessarily about the game as a whole... but those struck me as legitimate issues to worry about.

When I hear what people are saying about tonights game... I am baffled. I am not worried about Willie Parker. I am not worried about Ben throwing deep. I am not worried about getting pressure on Ben.

So I have my worries... but I am baffled by the media at the moment.

Sadly, I have to be honest with myself. Without Rolle, we are fucked. 27-17 Steelers.

Since when was Rolle the cornerstone of our defense?

I honestly think he was the worst of our 4 DBs at any given time on the field... he plays too far off his man, his coverage is weak...

Did anyone else last week see on Chris Johnson's screen pass when Rolle, who was 10 yards downfield and in position to tackle, turned and ran WITH Johnson upfield???

I mean... basics say you ATTACK the ball carrier... at worst you slow him down and someone else gets him... Rolle instead gave away 20 extra yards in what turned into the Titans largest offensive play and gave Johnson life.

Walker, Ivy... I hate em. Naka and Zbs... would be interesting. No matter what... Rolle needed help over the top at all times. The other four options will need that kind of help too. It's really almost negligible in my mind.

It's going to matter a whole lot more how we get to Ben. But even Suggs loss could be negated if everyone man steps up... McClain knows how to rush... so let him rush... and use JJ to cover.

Also... am I mistaken or did Rolle give up the two biggest pass plays on the Steelers big game-winning drive in Week 15?

He gave up at least one of them when he 'fell' ... but really he got turned around by his man.

Bottom line... we are in this game no matter what.

Also... am I mistaken or did Rolle give up the two biggest pass plays on the Steelers big game-winning drive in Week 15?

He gave up at least one of them when he 'fell' ... but really he got turned around by his man.

I think Rolle was out at that point in the game......it was Walker.

I see a 2-3 point winning margin...Ravens win.

I feel at ease somehow about this game. I believe we will get every ounce the Ravens have...which is enough.

Now...you can bet I'll be nervous as hell during the game (I always do), but I've been feeling good about this one ever since I looked at the worst case senario early this week. I looked into my concerns and they were not what I thought they were.

Yes...18 sraight weeks has taken it's toll but this team is still very deep and strong...they believe in themselves, their practices, coaches, gameplan ect.

That's all that matters.

The Ravens we have seen this year will show up.

I think Rolle was out at that point in the game......it was Walker.

Washington was the one who got hurt in that game, I thought. Rolle definitely was in and screwed up at least one big play.

Ivy was in for Washington and was on Ward. Rolle was on Holmes and got his butt beat.

If we were going into this game with the roster healthy and nobody on IR, I'd say that we'd have a great shot at knocking off the Steelers. However, having played as many games in a row as we have without any breaks, and having the Steelers coming off of a season with a regular bye week and a playoff bye, I just don't see how we can win.

I'm not any less of a fan by saying this, but I just don't see us getting any of the breaks this game. I think the Steelers win by 6, 16-10.

It could be worse, though, if the Ravens have to play the Steelers AND the officials. However, if the Tennessee game did anything, it gave me hope that the Ravens could have previous matchups "evened-out" by the Zebras with a generous spot and some calls our way.

I'd have a better feeling about this game if we had our starting CBs and a 100% healthy Suggs. Oh, and a bye week at some point this season.

As much as I hate to say it, I pretty much agree with everything you said...but I will differ slightly on the prediction...

Ravens - 20

Steelers - 23

Washington was the one who got hurt in that game, I thought. Rolle definitely was in and screwed up at least one big play.

Ivy was in for Washington and was on Ward. Rolle was on Holmes and got his butt beat.

yea...I'm not sure on who was in...I just remember we were missing one of our keys (it seems from what you say it was Washington and that is starting to ring a bell).

Anyway...Walker, Washington and Ivy...that's the weakness vs Holmes, Ward and co, the Stealers playmakers. Now...Ed will be lurking back there..:)