ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco

dapetes

He's still better then Boller. Although he played like Boller today. He's got to look off the defenders better. It was a rookie performance today. He looked scared and unsure the majority of the game. Confidence was not there today.

I love Joe Cool. I just need to vent some.

Once he learns how to make adjustments, he will be alright. Needs to learn better clock management, really puts oline at disadvantage when he hikes it at 1. Needs to be able to hit more throws in the middle of field. They need to get him a big playmaker, maybe a better te.

In Heap's defense, by and large when given the opportunity he gets it done. Flacco spent most of this year locked onto Mason.

In Heap's defense, by and large when given the opportunity he gets it done. Flacco spent most of this year locked onto Mason.

The drops he's had tonight and this season are drops every player makes; the difference was that he always used to make these catches. He's becoming average. Is it because of Flacco's velocity? Who knows.

If he works on it, I think Heap will be fine. He's too good a player to give up on yet.

Flacco doesn't really deserve the blame here.

Blame camerons slow and stinky playcalling - it was uneven, relied on long developing pass routes etc

Blame darren stone

Blame a worthless receiving corps

Blame plenty of folks ... but joe deserves some slack I think. His performance was far fromstellar, but he hardly cost us this game compared to many others.

jmho

Flacco doesn't really deserve the blame here.

Blame camerons slow and stinky playcalling - it was uneven, relied on long developing pass routes etc

Blame darren stone

Blame a worthless receiving corps

Blame plenty of folks ... but joe deserves some slack I think. His performance was far fromstellar, but he hardly cost us this game compared to many others.

jmho

The playcalling was definitely schizophrenic, it was like Cam couldn't figure out what he wanted to do.

I have a hard time bitching about the D because of how depleted they were, but the Stealers had way too many 3rd down conversions.

As far as I'm concerned Stone destroyed whatever chance we had to come back at the end.

Credit the Steelers "D". They were dropping 6 and 7 back in coverage and the windows to make a throw were extremely tight. The only thing available was the deep pass over the zone, that's why we saw so many long routes.

We didn't run as much as we should have, and Cam was taking too long to get the plays into Flacco. I think he's to blame for the poor clock management. Bottom line, we lost to a better team.

For comparison's sake: Ben's two playoff games as a rookie:

31-54, 407, 3 TD, 5 INT, 61.3 rating, 1-1 (also lost in AFC Championship)

Ben's playoff games the very next year:

58-93, 803, 7 TD, 3 INT, 101.7 rating, 4-0

I think Joe's gonna be alright. For all those bitching and moaning about Joe, sure, he didn't play well, but to pin the loss on him is a gross oversimplification of the events of the game. And remember: he is a rookie. He has exceeded even the most wildly optimistic expectations for him this year, and has led the team to do the same. He will learn from this, and come back next year ready to make his mark on the league, with a year's worth of game tape to look at. So stop complaining, and remember the unexpected, entertaining, and unbelievable ride we have been on this year, and even though the team fell short of their ultimate goal, I think this has been my favorite Ravens team to watch thus far, and a good part of that is the play of Joe Flacco

I think Joe's gonna be alright. For all those bitching and moaning about Joe, sure, he didn't play well, but to pin the loss on him is a gross oversimplification of the events of the game. And remember: he is a rookie. He has exceeded even the most wildly optimistic expectations for him this year, and has led the team to do the same. He will learn from this, and come back next year ready to make his mark on the league, with a year's worth of game tape to look at. So stop complaining, and remember the unexpected, entertaining, and unbelievable ride we have been on this year, and even though the team fell short of their ultimate goal, I think this has been my favorite Ravens team to watch thus far, and a good part of that is the play of Joe Flacco

Extremely well said. I unfortunately go to school in New Hampshire, but I'm born and raised in Baltimore, and I loved this year's team. Joe & Co. did much better than ANYONE thought they would this year, definitely including me. Harbs and Joe Cool make me optimistic for the future, which is something I haven't felt for some years now in regards to our Ravens. I'm wacko for Flacco, and it feels good knowing we have a young, mature QB we can put so much faith in.

2008 was a great season for Ravens football, no matter what way you slice it! :)

Most of this Flacco bashing is emotions from the loss I admit he played piss poor but really no one thought we would get this far just to have him throw more TD's than picks would have been a great year. Lets not Bollerize him just yet and put the weight of an entire city on his shoulders. Playing with our WR's is like bringing a RUBBER knife to a gun fight. Next year I beleive he will lead us to the promised land and here is to next year

superherocopy2pw8.jpg

He's still better then Boller. Although he played like Boller today. He's got to look off the defenders better. It was a rookie performance today. He looked scared and unsure the majority of the game. Confidence was not there today.

I love Joe Cool. I just need to vent some.

I understand your need to vent but remember that there Boller and Flacco should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph.

The Steelers figured out (in the first game) that Flacco looks to Derrick Mason when under pressure. Notice, his first two INT's were intended for Mason.

He's done exceptionally well for someone with little NFL experience in the playoffs. Just wait...

... and the offseason begins :(

its hard to build confidence when your first three passes of the day hit your receivers in the hands and they drop them. I knew we werent ready to play when I saw that. We got beat by more consistent team.

Might I point out that big ben has a horse shoe up his ass. Some of the random bull crap plays he pulled off in the face of pressure were incredible, and incredibly lucky.

dc hit the nail on the head... long developing pass routes was the story of the game. Look what the Steelers did, a lot of quick hitters, small crossing routes to counter the blitz. On offense, everyone wanted us to air the ball, well we tried. It didn't work too well. When you only have three receivers running routes, and they all take a long time to develop, the Steelers had them covered every time. There was nowhere to throw the ball. Big Ben had plenty of options because of slants and crosses, and Ben's big plays came from YAC.

Sorry, 3 pics and you get most of the blame. The pressure got to him plain and simple but not to worry; for tomorrow's another day my dear Scarlett.

dc hit the nail on the head... long developing pass routes was the story of the game. Look what the Steelers did, a lot of quick hitters, small crossing routes to counter the blitz. On offense, everyone wanted us to air the ball, well we tried. It didn't work too well. When you only have three receivers running routes, and they all take a long time to develop, the Steelers had them covered every time. There was nowhere to throw the ball. Big Ben had plenty of options because of slants and crosses, and Ben's big plays came from YAC.

I don't think anyone called for more deep routes... we've gotten plenty of them this playoff. What we were asking for was more screens, more passes to Rice out of the backfield, maybe some short slants and efficient out-routes... I know the defense dictates to an extent what you can and can't do, but I can't say that the plays that were called were the ones that we were clamoring for.

That said, we did have some success because of our passing game, except our yards came on interference calls. Makes me think that Pittsburgh walks a very thin line between harassing receivers and committing penalties.

I don't think anyone called for more deep routes... we've gotten plenty of them this playoff. What we were asking for was more screens, more passes to Rice out of the backfield, maybe some short slants and efficient out-routes... I know the defense dictates to an extent what you can and can't do, but I can't say that the plays that were called were the ones that we were clamoring for.

That said, we did have some success because of our passing game, except our yards came on interference calls. Makes me think that Pittsburgh walks a very thin line between harassing receivers and committing penalties.

Why don't you just run the offense then? :P

While I did want us to run the ball more, I do agree with your assessment, we needed more quick hitters to counter the pass rush. Pittsburgh was doing that to us. I believe Pittsburgh is going to have a very difficult time with Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin, and crew next week. Warner is the #1 QB in the league rating wise when blitzed, he gets rid of the ball very fast.

Sorry, 3 pics and you get most of the blame. The pressure got to him plain and simple but not to worry; for tomorrow's another day my dear Scarlett.

Yeah, but that's what we're trying to get around. If I'm not mistaken, two of Joe's picks hit a receiver before being picked off... the only "true" pick was to Polamalu. Now, the others might have been bad passes, but they were still a little unlucky on the pick side.

Bottom line, there is plenty of blame to go around for an offense that struggled in many many ways.